Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I need one question answerd please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

Default I need one question answerd please

Hi, how y'all doing. I was wondering if someone could do me a small favor and tell me how wide their Wraith is. Because I'm building a trailer to haul my Wraith on, but my Wraith is still a kit in the box. I'm re-new to this hobby as of 4 months now and I have a Wraith that is new in kit form. I have been buying upgrade parts for it (over $1500 so far) and I don't want to start building my Wraith until I have all the parts, tools, etc. That is why I need the wide measurment of a Wraith. Right now I have it at 12 inches wide but I'd like to get it less than 12 if possible.
trail boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: I need one question answerd please

Width is measured on the outside of the wheel/tire so the offset of the wheels you are running will be an important piece of info.
You could build an axle, put your wheels & tires on it & measure.....
Dostradamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hi,I run a wider VP hub on DH rims with Rip Saw tires and Im right at 12 1/4".Thats outside to outside of tire.
wheelstoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #4

Rock crawlers and mud truck usually drive over the re-enforced trailer fenders so the trailer overall width stays within MOT guidelines
Binbrook310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #5

I'm running VP .600 hubs with VP axles & shafts. From what "wheelstoo" says, I think mine will be at least 12 1/4 also. And yeah I was planing on driving over the fenders or building it so the whole deck would be on top of the fenders. Are the 1:1 crawlers 120" wide?
I did also think about building an axle with the wheels & tires measure it. but being new and unexperienced, I really didn't want to break into the kit, unpack the vp parts and mess it all up. I am running 100 % vp axles all the way out to the tires, using their SLW wheels but not sure what the offset is. Thanks for the input guys I really appriciate it and please keep it coming.

Last edited by THX_138; 03-05-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Just for reference i am running pitbull tires on tss robby gordon rims with vp .225 hubs and im 11-9/16" outside to outside. My old setup was vp wheels with .600 hubs and it was nearly an inch wider. I hated it that wide, got hung up on the diffs way more then i do now and it just feels more nimble overall.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #7

Thanks for the reference. being as I'm new to this particular subject theres a lot to learn. Yeah I got the .600 hubs and it might be too wide. but if it is I will take the hubs and mill them down. Either way I have decided to make the trailer 12" wide and drive over the fenders.

"That was two questions." Sorry, I forgot and made myself a Lawyer.

Last edited by trail boss; 02-25-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #8
Try to Bend it

That was two questions.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trail boss View Post
I'm running VP .600 hubs with VP axles & shafts. From what "wheelstoo" says, I think mine will be at least 12 1/4 also. And yeah I was planing on driving over the fenders or building it so the whole deck would be on top of the fenders. Are the 1:1 crawlers 120" wide?
I did also think about building an axle with the wheels & tires measure it. but being new and unexperienced, I really didn't want to break into the kit, unpack the vp parts and mess it all up. I am running 100 % vp axles all the way out to the tires, using their SLW wheels but not sure what the offset is. Thanks for the input guys I really appriciate it and please keep it coming.

Sounds like quite the collection of parts.

Let's see some pictures of your awaiting pile of goodies

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote

I need one question answerd please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drive way too fast question and front locker question. Mr.JayDeeM Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 02-07-2012 09:19 AM
clearance question and articulation question axialnut Newbie General 17 09-24-2010 09:55 PM
Simplefied question for pervious question. Mudsy Tamiya Clod Buster 2 05-03-2009 09:59 AM