Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Thinking about replacing the Summit with something?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Thinking about replacing the Summit with something?

I recently just got back into trail riding/rock crawling and got a scx10 and love it,,my son is also having more fun with that and we are currently selling off his go fast slash and buying a wraith. Now the wraith seems to be the perfect cross between some mild speed and good climbing abilities not to mention the upgrades and support seem to be endless. We just brought out the summit on a trail ride with some locals and had a Great time,while the summit can go just about anywhere and is a great truck,looks,function,durability has the speed and crawl,Im just not sure im crazy about it,,its Huge,Heavy,goes through 2 packs at once "my biggest gripe" Im not certain but im thinking about selling it off and putting that money towards something new.

I might just get a wraith,but me and my son can just trade off from time to time so there isnt really a need for two,but its possible. Im really liking the twin hammers,but not completely sold on it,,I am looking for something versatile with some speed and crawling,while I will say the twin hammers looks like it is 75/25 in favor of off road flatness it could still work for me and just use it in hilly open areas. Im just not sure and looking for some opinions one what might fit the bill here. I like some speed,crawling,like to play in the water and mud,I dont care for dual battery packs,easy to get parts and something that doesnt break every other run would be great

I know from my description it looks like I already answered my question "wraith or twin hammers" but like I said just looking for your opinion or maybe you might know of something new coming out that I can just hold out for? Or just maybe just talk me into keeping the summit?
ProfitOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Thinking about replacing the Summit with something?

I really enjoy my twin hammers on trail runs. I have the front locked and running 1.9 pitbulls so that helps. If your trails have alot of bigger rocks or larger stuff to go over id go with the wraith. But so far i love my TH.
Lukescb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

If you already have the summit, thats the one you keep. That thing is in a league of its own.
Salojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

thats where im at,I like the summit,looks cool,got some speed,can crawl,would be better to mess around with in the snowy season,,Im just unsure.
That twin hammers doesnt take a standard 2s hardcase pack?
ProfitOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I love my summit.. the dual batteries is not a issue for me. Still running NIMH until i kill them but with a mixed of low and high gear i can get any ware from a 30 - 45min easily and thats with some large heavy mudslingers on it. and i always have a spare set in my pocket. Think teh max i have gotten just crawling is just slightly over a hour of walking and crawling through a old dry creek bed. Best thing about the summit is you can run it in any weather with no worries. Nothing wrong with the above choices im also looking at some of them but will be keeping my summits as well.
Zrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Scale Detail Engineering

Build a 2 speed scx10/wraith.

This truck has a Summit trans, scx10 chassis and Wraith axles.

It can crawl!

and it can haul!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

throw some slayer pro a-arms on the summit with a set of slayer rimes and modded 2.2 tires.
DKSnipes is offline   Reply With Quote

Thinking about replacing the Summit with something? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thinking about getting a summit Booted Newbie General 16 02-03-2013 06:56 PM
Im thinking thinking about whats next...lol buggynutt Kyosho Crawlers 6 03-08-2012 09:04 AM
Thinking of getting a traxxas summit tklatti Traxxas Crawlers 9 11-07-2009 08:13 PM