Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Getting back in the game

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Wink Getting back in the game

Hey there strangers, Its been a while since I been on the forum and I cant even remember the last time I touched an RC truck all together. Ive been out of the RC game for a few years and dont miss the Short Course trucks and Bashers at all $$$$ but I do miss my Crawler ALOT! I should have never sold it but Ive been working on full sized Crawlers, RZRs and mud drag trucks... if you think building an RC Crawler is expensive, build a full sized lol.... even a RZR can get very pricey... well Ive sold all the toys except my RZR and am wanting to build another Model. My last Crawler was an AX10 and I cant even remember the specs on it. It had aftermarket Chassis, Tires, Dig, Rear Steer and Motor. Im probably beating a dead horse hear but I was just wondering what Chassis' you guys are liking nowadays? I really liked my AX10 but I kinda got bored with it and sold it to build another one but it never happened. I really liked how tough my AX10 was but my Cousin had a Losi Night Crawler he modded up and it seemed more capable than mine but he did work on it alot. Im not into doing Competitions so Im not limited there. This is something that will be for my own enjoyment. I have a Scale Rock course in my backyard but it has grown up now. I would like to start with a RTR setup if possible but its not necessary. I was thinking of maybe something that I could later on turn into a Scale Rock Bouncer build with a Big Motor and tube Chassis. Ive thought a Scale Rig would be cool too but it wouldnt be as capable as a Comp Style Chassis. I would like to stay under $800-$1000 if possible. This is something Im gonna stretch out as far as build cost so Im not in any hurry. Im open to any suggestions and any opinions would be appreciated like I said Ive been out for a while so Im basically a newbie again Im sure there has been alot of market changes since I left.
blackfox93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Getting back in the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfox93 View Post
I was thinking of maybe something that I could later on turn into a Scale Rock Bouncer build with a Big Motor and tube Chassis. Ive thought a Scale Rig would be cool too but it wouldnt be as capable as a Comp Style Chassis. I would like to stay under $800-$1000 if possible.
Sounds like you need a wraith with a 4 pole sensored brushless motor.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

hey thanks for the Reply, The wraith has been the main one Ive been looking at but i just wanted to see if there was maybe something out there better? Where is the best place to buy one online? My closest Hobby Shop is an hour away :( but they are an Axial dealer
Old 10-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

52 views and 1 response... come on guys surely someone else has got some input?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I agree with Nigel... Pick yourself up a RTR wraith so you can go have fun as soon as your battery is charged. Only thing is replace the knuckle screws so they don't fall out, use a machine screw there.

As far as a real crawler a moa (motor on axle) is the most capable but also the most exspensive and in no way scale at all. But will pull lines that you thought to be impossible.
mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have thought about building an XR10 they look cool but Id rather build something that could possibly look like a 1:1 that could be in my garage. Not to mention the Electronics look like they could be a pain to run and get synced up together. I may be wrong there Ive never really looked into the actual build process on them. An XR10 may be a possibility I may look into it a bit. I used to work with a guy that was building one but I never got to see the finished product.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
Fifth dimension

I'll chime in. I will vote for the opposite side. If your accustom to building custom 1:1 crawlers and can get past the " doesn't look like anything in my garage" thing, build a comp rig. Berg, xr or even a new school sporty that a lot of us have been influenced to build lately. It may just be me but once you know what a well built comp rig can do, picking up an rtr and calling it a day isn't as fun. No matter how long you've been away
Crawllife is offline   Reply With Quote

Getting back in the game - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help Me get back into the game Lemonlegs28 Axial SCX-10 2 03-05-2013 02:21 PM
getting back into the game RockRevolver Newbie General 2 10-16-2009 04:33 PM
Back in the game! Z-Rider Chit Chat 2 02-01-2009 03:30 PM
back in the game Hemi-maxx14 HPI Wheely King 2 11-25-2007 07:16 PM