Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Pede Update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 04:27 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Well I took the pede for a nice little run in the snow, and broke it. I got one of the tires wedged between a brick wall and the snowbank, and then SNAP!

The little metal axle is supposed to be in the yoke. The little tiny pins that hold the axle in there got push out, and theres no where for the pins to go except through the plastic that surrounds them.
Attached Images

ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Well I finally got around to getting them batteries is a better location. Last night I made up the battery pack, and just got it mounted. Its made from an old 1700mah pack that was made just for the TLT. One of the cells is shot, but its just a test pack. I want to make sure everything fits before I tear apart a nicer pack. I also relocated the reciever and ESC, and got rid of that booty fabbed tray I made. This helped get the CG down lower, too. I also decided on wiring the ESC to the rear motor first. Before, the rear would give out too easy and it wouldn't make it up obstacles. Now, the rear always spins, and it still has a slight front dig.

Onto the the pics:
First pic- showing off the new look without the tray
Second pic- 2 cells on each of the front links
Third pic- 1 cell in each of the wheels (the shiney silver round thing)
Attached Images

Old 11-14-2006, 05:44 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

looks awesome, a guy on orcrc did this a while ago
heres the link: http://www.rcrockgear.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=644

want to see more
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:52 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Yeah, thats similar. He just kept the indy suspention. Must have copied me. Grrrrrr lol
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

The under link mounted batteries are not a good idea at all.

I understand it brings the COG down but it also kills clearance and puts them in harms way majorly. You'd be better off giving up the COG advantage and mounting them on your lock out links in my opinion. Maybe tacking a v-shaped plate on top of the links and mounting them up there.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy
The under link mounted batteries are not a good idea at all.

I understand it brings the COG down but it also kills clearance and puts them in harms way majorly. You'd be better off giving up the COG advantage and mounting them on your lock out links in my opinion. Maybe tacking a v-shaped plate on top of the links and mounting them up there.
Well that was an easy fix. Just put them on top of the link instead of having them hanging down.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

so hows it crawl?
MaXX_CrAWlER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Pretty damn good. I think I'm going to have to add another cell or two to the packs. Even with the good pack I was running on it, it just didn't have the umph. I'm going to save up and get some nice 42-4300mah cells.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Well I didn't get any 42-4300mah cells, but I did pick up some Duracell 2650mah cells. I plan on making a 7cell pack with them. Im going to get it all soldered up tonight.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Did you get the ones made in China or Japan? If you got the ones from Japan, return them and get the ones from China.
Are you joking or serious? And they're the ones made in Japan, and I already opened them.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:42 PM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Ooooops! Take them back, you need the ones from China.

The Jap ones over heat.
I can't take them back, I already opened them.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

did you ever lock that tranny with the banana juice?
Cuz if you haven't then i was going to give you some tips on doing it, i locked my pede tranny with gorilla glue and it works great, the only thing is after you fill the diff up with glue, dont reassemble it, gorilla glue expands like a mofo, i reassembled right after gluing and had to take my tranny apart againg because the glue leaked all over, the other thing was it took two days to full lock, i tried running it the next day and the glue did not dry yet.
Sorry if you already did this, the only reason i thought i would give some tips is because i did not want u to do the stupid little mistakes that i made.
Oh yeah GREAT BUILD!
Rc EnthuSiasTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:50 PM   #53
RCC Addict

lol I already got it locked, but with an instant way. I had some extra revo hex pins layin' around, and I too one and just put it in one of the gaps between the spider gears, where theyre closer together. I had to do it on oppisite sides, though. It works really well, and it only kicks in when one tire is slipping like a 1:1. Steers really sharp when they're not locked.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:21 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
lol I already got it locked, but with an instant way. I had some extra revo hex pins layin' around, and I too one and just put it in one of the gaps between the spider gears, where theyre closer together. I had to do it on oppisite sides, though. It works really well, and it only kicks in when one tire is slipping like a 1:1. Steers really sharp when they're not locked.
Where did you put it? Pedes don't have spider gears, they have planetary gears...
Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Planatary gears, spider gears, same thing. lol

When you take the little cover off the diff thats held on with the 4 tiny screws, you'll notice that some adjacent gears are closer than others. Well I put the pin in vertically right between those gears that are closer.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #56
RCC Addict

Default New Batt pack

Got me some new batteries. Just finished making the pack tonight. On the rear axle, there is 2 cells in each hub, and on the front, theres 1 mounted on the backbone, and 2 mounted on the suspension lock-out link. On the rear, the batteries do stick out a little bit, but not enough to hurt clearance. Oh yeah, low CG, too.

Pics.....
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Got a short little vid on it!!! Something you all have been waiting for. Kind of a crappy vid, though. Its kinda dark and the batteries on the pede were dieing.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #58

haha now u get to experiance clod stall and broken driveshafts just playing lol. i like this build, its really out side the box. its kind of like a maxxclod.
wheelspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:02 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner
haha now u get to experiance clod stall and broken driveshafts just playing lol. i like this build, its really out side the box. its kind of like a maxxclod.
lol. Its actually been running for the past couple weeks, and it was running about 5 months ago until my ESC fried. So, I've already experienced a share of broken parts.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:01 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Hows the limp stick holding up?
polyophio is offline   Reply With Quote