Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Trying to contact Holmes Hobbies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #1

Default Trying to contact Holmes Hobbies

Can someone, anyone, please have Holmes Hobbies either check the following thread in their section (page two, last two posts) Lipo for your Crawler!

Or please have John check his email. I have made multiple attempts to get a hold of him. I submitted an order and during the transition from Paypal to his sight, it threw an error. He got my money and now the order on his site says it "failed".

All I want is my money back. Had to order lipo's from somewhere else. I tried Email, on here (btw, no option to PM him) and a dispute through Paypal. Just in an attempt to contact him. I have since had to escalate it to a claim. This has been going on for close to two weeks.

I also did my best to find a phone number, that was unsuccessful as well.

And to keep this on track, here a pic of my Sporty. This thing was a brand new deadbolt 2 weeks ago

Nevermind the tires, ordered some Sedona's for some VP DHII's.
live24wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Trying to contact Holmes Hobbies

Yeah, unfortunately 2 weeks is nothing in trying to get a response from Holmes. Busy guy. Email him every day. Use all caps and something to grab his attention without actually pissing him off.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Have you tried this thread:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/holme...s-updates.html
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #4

I actually got a response, on FACEBOOK of all places... Said he will process the refund ASAP. I will close the claim as soon as it's done and update you folks.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #5

Ok, didn't take long. Claim is closed, refund is in my Paypal account. I really wish he would figure out a way to provide better customer service. I am running his hand wound 35t Pro combo, it is awesome, just hope I don't have any issues with it.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Not trying to down him at all but not being able to ever get in touch with him is one reason I quit buying and running his stuff along with several friends of mine. I know I sent a question about a motor build at least 2 times to him and still have not heard back from him well over a year later. I asked Brood about it and got the answer same day I asked and ordered 3 motors and my my friends got 4 more. I have stuck with Brood since.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I'm working on the communication problem. We lost a worker first part of December and it put the strain on everybody else. The new guy is mostly trained and we are slowly getting back to pace. Our customer service rep will be replaced in March and I will get a phone number for order and warranty questions.

It's been tough trying to grow the company as fast as demand grows. I have had to step back from customer service so we can manufacture enough, and it seems that every Christmas pushes us beyond what we can handle timely. Better to be busy than bored I suppose. Just know that your concerns are heard well, it has been embarrassing to have such problems and we will fix it.

Things were easy when it was just a few thousand motors a year.

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 01-16-2014 at 12:29 PM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #8
www.ottsix.com

I think a good thing to remember is that most of the vendors here on RCC have team drivers who can answer at least some of your questions and also have a direct line to the office as well.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I had the same problem, dealing with Christmas and loosing his men is what the problem is. Give it some time, he will get back to you, he did for me and it took a month.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Pgambardella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #10

Alright, at it again. The new 35t Hand Wound motor is dead. Lasted about 2 weeks and about 5 packs. Has zero torque, makes a humming sound and needs a push start now. I tried calling the new number yesterday between the hours posted on the site but couldn't get through. based on the previous post, I will put that off as John appears to be extremely busy. Will try after 1 this afternoon again and try to get the motor out in the mail today.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:30 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

When I have problems with a newish motor, the first thing I do is pull the brush braids away from the brackets and snap the brushes a couple times. Leave the braids loose. I think what happens is the braids get mashed at the corners of the brackets and with just a little break-in, the brushes are held back by the stuck braids and loose contact with the com. That's fixed a lot of motors for me.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
When I have problems with a newish motor, the first thing I do is pull the brush braids away from the brackets and snap the brushes a couple times. Leave the braids loose. I think what happens is the braids get mashed at the corners of the brackets and with just a little break-in, the brushes are held back by the stuck braids and loose contact with the com. That's fixed a lot of motors for me.
Thanks for the advice! Fixed it! One of the brushes was pretty well stuck. Took some force to pull it out. Chewed up the braid a bit but, it slides now and the dang thing works again! Back to ruining the rest of the rig with power again. Yeah, bound the front end up, pinion is skipping the ring gear now HD gears too. lol

Trying to contact Holmes Hobbies - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Holmes Hobbies...How to Contact???? Babalu Holmes Hobbies 9 12-17-2016 07:36 PM
holmes hobbies xjwalt666 Chit Chat 9 10-26-2007 03:06 PM
ultimate hobbies contact information chupacrawlers Newbie General 6 08-04-2006 01:04 PM