Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Epa @ motorama

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Epa @ motorama

Kevin and I were asked to help out with some rock crawling at Motorama. Friday we arranged and cleaned the rock that were delivered full of snow and mud with help of Tom and Dwayne. This was quite a task with limited resources to do a proper job of cleaning them, but in the end it was quite good for what we had and where we had to put it.

Saturday proved to be quite successful as crowd's gathered to watch people bash around on the rock pile we all had spent 10 hrs preparing. We had a mud bog for the scalers that wished to get muddy( but pretty much an rig found its share of dirt ) a pool an inch deep of water we just couldn't get rid of because of the mud and snow and lack of a drain, a log bridge and a cable bridge.

Crowds seem to come and go fairly regularly and when the rock pile slowed down Kevin and I decided to setup a 2.2s coursed and have a little friendly comp and that's when a crowd started forming waiting for the action. I thought the timer was nerve racking enough but when 50+ people are watching it felt quite intense. Here's the 2nd course we setup.

After watching us have our little comp CTRC a scale club from the Pottsville area asked if we would set them up a course so they could experience what a comp was like being they all were mainly trail rider's. Kevin and I set a course up the best we could and tried to stick as close to a normal scoring system as we dared trying to keep it fun for everyone and not detour them away but pointing out by the 4th gate, and the fact the rock pile was haggard full of holes that a 1.9 sized tire would get stuck in. I'd like to thank Luke of The Hidden Hanger for donating a lipo bag as a prize for the winner.

And the winner was Mrs. Danielle with her pink Jeep. This lady ran a course that was fairly treacherous with a -11.

We also had a best of show truck show that was judged by 3 random on lookers. I must say they were quite thorough at judging and did just pick a truck that looked good but one they felt would actually preform good and Mr. Dustin won a Allen 's Dirt the Game dirt track racing board game that was donated by Eric Allen the games designer.

After all events were done Kevin and I let people drive our rigs and tried to get as many people hooked on crawling as possible. Kevin deserves big props for let every kid around beat his rig and never hesitated to give it to another even after it ended up on its lid in the pool of muddy water.

Last edited by chris.martell; 02-16-2014 at 07:57 AM.
chris.martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2014, 03:59 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Epa @ motorama

Hey...those look like my rocks.

Good Luck guys. Be careful not to clog the drains with mud...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Looks great guys! I have a few friends there racing this weekend!
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Old 02-16-2014, 07:56 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Old 02-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Great job guys! The CTRC guys are from the Pottstown area where I live. I am hoping that we can do some comps and trail runs together this season.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Great job guys! The CTRC guys are from the Pottstown area where I live. I am hoping that we can do some comps and trail runs together this season.
This makes me want a scaler. With xr steering of course

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #8
RCC Addict

More pics
Flex shot!
Name:  NCM_0418.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  65.3 KB

Who doesn't love a Rubicon? The boy in the Nike shirt does!
Name:  NCM_0424.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  68.3 KB

Action all over the rock pile.
Name:  NCM_0427.jpg
Views: 1046
Size:  90.1 KB

The future of the sport, getting muddy.
Name:  NCM_0431.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  70.3 KB

Tight fit for rigs with big light bars.
Name:  NCM_0432.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  87.8 KB
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #9

Thanks Chris and Kevin for all of your help making Motorama a big hit. All of our hard work paid off. The crowd enjoyed seeing all the crawlers and talking with us. Next year will be even bigger.
thd41203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:36 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all your hard work building this rock heaven for the scalers! Myself, My brother, and our 5 kids LOVED it and all our rigs left muddy as hell! Great day. I will try to keep an eye out for future GTG's and Comps. in the area.

I hope to see everyone I met Saturday sometime soon on the trails or wherever it may be.

If there is any type of "donation box" for the Motorama event or any needs for sponsoring these types of events in the future let me know!
1BAMFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:49 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Great pics!!!!! Sounds like a fun event.
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #12

On behalf of the CTRC group I would like to Thank Tom, Chris, Kevin, Luke, Times Fly hobbies, and Hidden hanger hobbies for putting this togehter. We had a blast and learned so much from the scale comp. Hope we can put this together again next year too, pure fun no pressure.
Dialed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialed View Post
On behalf of the CTRC group I would like to Thank Tom, Chris, Kevin, Luke, Times Fly hobbies, and Hidden hanger hobbies for putting this togehter. We had a blast and learned so much from the scale comp. Hope we can put this together again next year too, pure fun no pressure.
If any time your group wants to meet up at Sam Lewis state park Kevin and I would love to meet up and have a real comp for fun. I had a blast meeting with the group and have been inspired to build my own scale rig. Please keep in touch with me as I really liked your group.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2014, 04:13 AM   #14

Will do Chris.....
Dialed is offline   Reply With Quote

Epa @ motorama - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
motorama Kratos Nebraska 0 12-27-2011 05:37 PM
How Much is Too Much EPA? alexchen86 Newbie General 9 06-22-2010 07:43 PM
Where to get EPA pots for TQ3 EPA mod? ToTheMAXXcrawler Electronics 14 09-15-2009 08:07 PM
Motorama?????? sirwin47 Pennsylvania 4 02-20-2009 04:59 AM
Motorama CronusTRD Maryland 5 12-15-2008 06:51 PM