Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: New Axial "working on something fast"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #201
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Axial "working on something fast"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDawg View Post
release another heep...i fooking dare ya!
i will drop axial like i dropped my ex wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
So where's the something "NEW"???? OH OK I SEE IT! It's a "NEW" JEEP BODY..I don't think I'll be adding any more Axial trucks to my collection. Or should I say not adding another jeep to my collection.I know it doesn't matter to them that one guy like me isn't happy about this new item. BUT it seems like I'm not the only one that's unhappy......So axial.....Thanks for a "new" jeep body......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fire View Post
oh boy. My guess is that the new Cheopo lightbar was developed for this rig not the "New" SCX that it was re-re-re-re-released on.

And don't count out that Falken G6 yet. It's coming RTR I would put big money on it. That body is screened not hand painted. It's already in production somewhere over seas I'm sure.

It looks like Axial is ready to completely disappoint and abandon thousands of us; in order to gain tens of thousands of new customers. Go Traxxial. The only way they will keep my business now is if they release a SCX chassis only kit. I don't need anymore Jeeps or poor attempts to try compete wth traxxas.

Those of you that say you'll drop axial, stop buying their products etc due to a new rtr are not only less than a blip on axials radar but you're short sighted. No large company gives half a dried up turd what a few people have to say, they care that for every 1 of you there are 100 guys that don't say a word as they head to their local hobby shop or favorite online vendor and drop money on whatever limp dick rig they put out.

If you stop buying axial products where are you going to go? Nobody makes solid drivetrains that are as readily available with such an aftermarket following as axial does in this market. Their axles and transmissions are solid, adaptable and strong so keep whining because you are stuck unless you want to run sub standard parts.

When I see that axial puts out yet another Jeep I'm kinda sad because I'd love to see a new body or some significant parts change I can get excited about and buy. No not buy the whole rig, but buy that body or part individually. Who cares if they put out 5 Jeeps a week for now until eternity if they come out with bad ass wheels and tires, new axle designs, ifs etc I'll keep buying the individual parts I like and let the fan boys buy the whole rig.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #202
RCC Addict

This is really all speculation. I bunch of dorks (myself included) post-rationalizing a shitty jpeg on the internet. To me it looks like some RC Driver customer ride who put a jeep body and axial whee on a slash. Nothing more.

We need to just be patient. I know for some, it's nearly impossible.

I kinda wish an Axial rep would just drop a little hint like..."you all will be happy", or something like that. Something the old Losi reps did with the release of the TH. So we knew something cool was about to come.

But right know, none of us know, and we just keep going back to the same made-up conclusion... which I hope is wrong!
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #203
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Those of you that say you'll drop axial, stop buying their products etc due to a new rtr are not only less than a blip on axials radar but you're short sighted. No large company gives half a dried up turd what a few people have to say, they care that for every 1 of you there are 100 guys that don't say a word as they head to their local hobby shop or favorite online vendor and drop money on whatever limp dick rig they put out.

If you stop buying axial products where are you going to go? Nobody makes solid drivetrains that are as readily available with such an aftermarket following as axial does in this market. Their axles and transmissions are solid, adaptable and strong so keep whining because you are stuck unless you want to run sub standard parts.

When I see that axial puts out yet another Jeep I'm kinda sad because I'd love to see a new body or some significant parts change I can get excited about and buy. No not buy the whole rig, but buy that body or part individually. Who cares if they put out 5 Jeeps a week for now until eternity if they come out with bad ass wheels and tires, new axle designs, ifs etc I'll keep buying the individual parts I like and let the fan boys buy the whole rig.

Well put. All you re-re's complaining about a Jeep are extremely short sighted. The need to make money. Jeeps sell. Fact. Also, you think they are going to produce a YJ, a Jeep that's been out of production for nearly 20 years?!

Stop buying Axial, I dare you. Then we'll see your half-assed, weak axled, no-aftermarket support, piles of Gmade putting down through the grass.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #204
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Well put. All you re-re's complaining about a Jeep are extremely short sighted. The need to make money. Jeeps sell. Fact. Also, you think they are going to produce a YJ, a Jeep that's been out of production for nearly 20 years?!

Stop buying Axial, I dare you. Then we'll see your half-assed, weak axled, no-aftermarket support, piles of Gmade putting down through the grass.
No bro, I run MOA's on my scalers, they are scale except the axles and chassis. And with 2.2's, I can crawl my stairs and back yard wood pile. Say I won't...
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #205
Rock Crawler

We're just disappointed with their recent approach to product development, that's all. We know we don't matter, and we are a small bunch. Just disappointed.

How much of this rig is actually manufactured by axial? Would you call this a, how did you put it.. "half-assed, weak axled pile of G-made?"

I think we'd be able to build rigs just fine without axial manufactured products thank you... you seem to do ok.

Last edited by Arctic Fire; 04-24-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Arctic Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #206
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fire View Post
We're just disappointed with their recent approach to product development, that's all. We know we don't matter, and we are a small bunch. Just disappointed.

How much of this rig is actually manufactured by axial? Would you call this a, how did you put it.. "half-assed, weak axled pile of G-made?"

I think we'd be able to build rigs just fine without axial manufactured products thank you... you seem to do ok.
None of that would be possible if Axial wasn't making their stuff. If they don't keep making what sells the best then we don't have aftermarket support.

Take the XR for example. Sales suffered, so they stopped making it. And now support has dried up for many of the things that are needed.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #207
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post

Wut Motur for my G-made grass putter?
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:06 PM   #208

really i could give a rats ass what body the kits or rtr's come with. i'm tired of jeeps as well but i'd much rather see axial give us something new aside from a new jeep body that we can use to build rigs with.

give us new wraith cage design, update the scx with cms and a tcase. change the ar60 cases to fit bigger pinion bearings, etc. i mentioned it before but just make a simple builders kit with the axles, chassis, and drivetrain.

its funny that there is mention of a dragboat… in one of the past "axial is working on something new" threads i spammed the heck out of it saying a jetboat would be cool.

i would be ALL ABOUT a cool, different boat from a brand like axial. jetboat or dragboat and i wouldnt hesitate to buy one.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:49 PM   #209
I wanna be Dave

Man. A lot of you are a bunch of purist babies. So what if its another Jeep? Boo fricken hoo. There are other bodies out there, and I'm sure some one will make a replacement body. I don't care what it is, as long as it's a 4x4.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:52 PM   #210
RCC Addict

Quote:

If you would have read my comment it was pointing out that axial is releasing an awful lot of jeep bodies one right after the other.While not doing anything original. And putting out the same base models.That's what bugs me. I didn't say I would walk away from axial all together just the jeeps. But it doesn't seem to be making a lot of people happy. So it's not just a couple of us that are unhappy.And for a big company not to listen to their customers is poor business. I owned a company for 8 years that sold over 2500 units a month. And I listened to every complaint we had. I couldn't always fix them but at least I listened.I just feel axial is falling into the "traxxas" rut. Just re releasing the same stuff with a different body, and tires is all.But thats what makes this world great. You can have your own opinnion and no one can take it away or tell you what it should be..I appreciate yours and thank you for commenting on mine... I know some of this comes across as me being a smarta$$. But that's not my intent..

Last edited by T I N Y; 04-24-2014 at 01:57 PM.
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #211
I wanna be Dave

I heard it's a rc baby, for all you fawkin babies.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:29 PM   #212
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Man. A lot of you are a bunch of purist babies. So what if its another Jeep? Boo fricken hoo. There are other bodies out there, and I'm sure some one will make a replacement body. I don't care what it is, as long as it's a 4x4.
wait a second here... so you're saying that you could potentially put any body on a scx10? Consider my mind BLOWN!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #213
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
wait a second here... so you're saying that you could potentially put any body on a scx10? Consider my mind BLOWN!

yea! im completely taken away here!! haha!!

we are looking for a new platform and aswel asking for something other then a jeep. overplayed!
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #214
Pebble Pounder

I think we have to wait and see what they drop on the marked, I dont think that thing on the picture is it. I hope for something new, but I know they are going to use parts they have laying around.
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #215
Quarry Creeper

The Jeeps are lame, but who gives a shit what body they put on it? It aint rocket science to buy a different body and put one on it. I'm just tired of the same drivetrain over and over again. An IFS rig thats refreshed would be awesome. I dont think they should discontinue the SCX10, I love mine, but please lets see something actually new.

I'll buy mine used anyway, so doesnt bother me
alpine4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #216
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by T I N Y View Post
If you would have read my comment it was pointing out that axial is releasing an awful lot of jeep bodies one right after the other.While not doing anything original. And putting out the same base models.That's what bugs me. I didn't say I would walk away from axial all together just the jeeps. But it doesn't seem to be making a lot of people happy. So it's not just a couple of us that are unhappy.And for a big company not to listen to their customers is poor business. I owned a company for 8 years that sold over 2500 units a month. And I listened to every complaint we had. I couldn't always fix them but at least I listened.I just feel axial is falling into the "traxxas" rut. Just re releasing the same stuff with a different body, and tires is all.But thats what makes this world great. You can have your own opinnion and no one can take it away or tell you what it should be..I appreciate yours and thank you for commenting on mine... I know some of this comes across as me being a smarta$$. But that's not my intent..
So you listened to customers but didn't always fix the issues a few people had. Guess what, so does axial. Lets guesstimate that 1000 people are complaining but as I said 100 x's that many are lined up ready to buy the next rig. I don't like it but I'd rather see them sell rigs and stay in business than to pander to the 5% of us that don't like what they're selling.

As for the traxxas rut that's such a terrible place to be obviously since traxxas is a broke dick company that only sells 3 trucks a month.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #217
RCC Addict

Quote:
So you listened to customers but didn't always fix the issues a few people had. Guess what, so does axial. Lets guesstimate that 1000 people are complaining but as I said 100 x's that many are lined up ready to buy the next rig. I don't like it but I'd rather see them sell rigs and stay in business than to pander to the 5% of us that don't like what they're selling.

As for the traxxas rut that's such a terrible place to be obviously since traxxas is a broke dick company that only sells 3 trucks a month.
Yes I fixed the problems I could...I couldn't fix some due to what the function of the item was. But when I came out with a new design of the product I went back and looked at every complaint to see if I could satisfy all of them. So in the end I did listen to all of them but a few I guess.But Yeah axial won't listen to us small fries. BUT....I know about 13-14 LHS that stock a lot of their product. So maybe they'll listen to people that pay them a lot every month/year. And about the traxxas thing.... I know around here they can't keep their stuff in stock...I went one day to pick up some paint. Then went back 3 days later to return one of the can because it was faulty. They had sold 8 trucks in those 3 days. And ever since then they can't keep anything traxxas in stock.They may sell half assed stuff but they sell a lot of it ya can't argue with that.....
T I N Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #218
RCC Addict

BLAH BLAH BLAH... let's stay on topic, this thread is for bitchin, if you ain't gonna bitch move along there's noting to see here.

Dammmmnit Axial where's my go fast IFS non - re-re-re-Jeep thing... new axles, and tranny with 2 on the tree.

rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #219
I wanna be Dave

ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:30 PM   #220
I wanna be Dave

but seriously...

ive seen quite a few New Rally cars coming soon...

Team Associated Qualifier Series ProRally 4WD Brushless RTR | RC Driver

just look at how easy that exo would swap to a rally car..
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
braaaap, worthless without pichers

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/490320-new-axial-working-something-fast.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Thema anzeigen - Axial Yeti - Resteverwertung pur... This thread Refback 06-16-2014 01:23 PM
Axial rumors...... - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 04-07-2014 12:38 PM
Axial rumors...... - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 04-07-2014 12:22 PM

New Axial "working on something fast" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Project "working class superduty" true scale Diesel-tech 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 05-21-2011 09:36 PM
Axial Scorpion Lizard Tires "In Stock" and "Shipping" 6/26/07 **RCP Crawlers** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 6 06-27-2007 10:33 AM
wasnt someone working on a "Tater" scaler? (disney/pixar CARS) STANG KILLA SS General Scale Talk 5 05-07-2007 07:33 PM