Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Yeti

Notices

Thread: New Axial "working on something fast"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #101
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Axial "working on something fast"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawl-o-matic View Post
it'd be nice if they made their products to the same standards as, say, Team Associated....top shelf right out the box. Sure, lot's of upgrade parts, but at the end of the day, they're really not needed.

Here is the marketing problem with that. If I build something that doesn't need or offer upgrades, how the heck do I get more money from you?!?!

The idea is get a lot of money form you the first, knowing some parts aren't perfect, then offer the fix in a better solution to get back in your pockets.

Car dealerships don't make money on selling cars, they make money when you come back for service and warranty work.
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #102
No idea what I'm doing

"Axial is working on something fast. What's your color choice? #1, #2, #3 or #4?"

Obviously it's an SCX with a JeepSpeed body

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
"Axial is working on something fast. What's your color choice? #1, #2, #3 or #4?"

Obviously it's an SCX with a JeepSpeed body

And a brushless system!
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Casey Currie just posted this on his FB page.... wonder if the new Axial rig is based on it.

2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:19 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

I doubt it. It would be really unexpected.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #106
I wanna be Dave

But it has a Jeep hood! Haha
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #107
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
I doubt it. It would be really unexpected.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
That fits the rumors- they're working on something that will be different from what they have been doing.

They are sponsoring Casey now, so why wouldn't they make a live rear axle, IFS front Jeep?
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

I want those tires in r35 2.2s for my ps wraith
wurster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:10 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Dang, that's one ugly ass pile
1tonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #110
jpf
Quarry Creeper

Default New Axial "working on something fast"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
Casey Currie just posted this on his FB page.... wonder if the new Axial rig is based on it.

that would be no problem for us to make a U4RC or a trail/crawler by us on this forum; change gearbox, shocks?
I would like it

... JP using Tapatalk
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #111
RCC Addict

Is that a super light?
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:06 AM   #112
RCC Addict

We need a puke smiley.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh2012 View Post
That fits the rumors- they're working on something that will be different from what they have been doing.

They are sponsoring Casey now, so why wouldn't they make a live rear axle, IFS front Jeep?
Anything with IFS could fit that because all they have done is solid axle and the exo. This style of truck wouldn't be what I would expect them to make.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:16 AM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhugger View Post
Is that a super light?
That would be Casey's Pro Lite ride. Maybe Jeep is gettin' ready to launch a production Brute-style vehicle. Then Axial could follow suit by offering a licensed version!
crwlnCreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:52 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Smart money is on a wrexo type U4. (Smart money as in, axial would be smart and make some good money on...)

Easy to do; exo front end, wraith rear, new cage (though likely re-use the wraith), new chassis/skid plate

It will most likely have the wraith transmission (already in the parts bin) and the cage will likely be very similar to the wraith in terms of style. They will probably drop the damn 20T brushed motor in it (because they have them, and they call it a "fast" motor).

They are in bed with griffin, nitto, jeep, rigid, bfg, raceline, poison spyder, etc, so expect a decal sheet with all these names on it...

I think a production RTR version of bender's Wrexo build is the most likely:

"Now that Axial is the official R/C company of Ultra 4 Racing, I figured it was time to build a proper Ultra 4 R/C vehicle."

Sure, this was more than a year ago, but being the official U4 vehicle, and not having a U4 vehicle? I'm sure this is where they are heading. They've had more than a year to ogle the wrexo and draw up some parts, test a prototype, prepare marketing materials, etc... it's time.

If this is where they are going, I can't wait for the kit version... If not, then axial is dumb.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

I'm still thinking reworked EXO as a SCT, with a Vanguard in it. 2 versions, one with one of the color pallet from the OP pic, and a licensed/sponsored Currie, with a few "upgrades" from the get go. They have all the parts but the bodies in production already.

Who knows, they could also be working on a 2wd, using a reworked XR10 rear axel with the Vanguard, and the front IFS loosely based on the EXO parts.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #117
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Smart money is on a wrexo type U4. (Smart money as in, axial would be smart and make some good money on...)

Easy to do; exo front end, wraith rear, new cage (though likely re-use the wraith), new chassis/skid plate

It will most likely have the wraith transmission (already in the parts bin) and the cage will likely be very similar to the wraith in terms of style. They will probably drop the damn 20T brushed motor in it (because they have them, and they call it a "fast" motor).

They are in bed with griffin, nitto, jeep, rigid, bfg, raceline, poison spyder, etc, so expect a decal sheet with all these names on it...

I think a production RTR version of bender's Wrexo build is the most likely:

"Now that Axial is the official R/C company of Ultra 4 Racing, I figured it was time to build a proper Ultra 4 R/C vehicle."

Sure, this was more than a year ago, but being the official U4 vehicle, and not having a U4 vehicle? I'm sure this is where they are heading. They've had more than a year to ogle the wrexo and draw up some parts, test a prototype, prepare marketing materials, etc... it's time.

If this is where they are going, I can't wait for the kit version... If not, then axial is dumb.
This is actually what I'm guessing too (my jeepspeed comment was meant to be a joke). But I'd rather see more parts (transmission, motor) come from the RTR EXO, not the Wraith. 48P wouldn't be my first choice for a U4 transmission, and honestly their RTR brushed motors are only good for a few packs before tossing. I'd also rather not see the EXO front end just dropped in as an after-thought. Sure they have the parts, but the EXO arms are pretty weak. I broke my EXO right front on my bare foot...still got the mark

I'm hoping for a 2.2 with a well thought out IFS meant for hard hits, not the track.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 08:45 AM   #118
Adilynsdad too!

I'm thinking they are venturing into the real "adult" toy market... One can dream
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #119
N.E.R.C.C Uncle Blinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad View Post
I'm thinking they are venturing into the real "adult" toy market... One can dream
Drail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #120
Rock Crawler

Guess we might get that new section after all......be it in the brand specific section however.
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
braaaap, worthless without pichers

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-yeti/490320-new-axial-working-something-fast.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Thema anzeigen - Axial Yeti - Resteverwertung pur... This thread Refback 06-16-2014 01:23 PM
Axial rumors...... - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 04-07-2014 12:38 PM
Axial rumors...... - Scalers & Crawlers This thread Refback 04-07-2014 12:22 PM

New Axial "working on something fast" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Project "working class superduty" true scale Diesel-tech 1.9 Scale Rigs 10 05-21-2011 09:36 PM
Axial Scorpion Lizard Tires "In Stock" and "Shipping" 6/26/07 **RCP Crawlers** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 6 06-27-2007 10:33 AM
wasnt someone working on a "Tater" scaler? (disney/pixar CARS) STANG KILLA SS General Scale Talk 5 05-07-2007 07:33 PM