Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Scale Build Opinion -SCX10 vs RC4WD Tail Stomper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #1

Default Scale Build Opinion -SCX10 vs RC4WD Tail Stomper

Ok I'm getting ready to do a scale build and have narrowed it down to 2 truck's. SCX10 Wrangler Rubicon or the RC4WD Trail Stomper. I like the idea of leaf spring suspension on the rear and would plan on a coil over front end. I'm also going to put a 2speed tranny in which ever. I'm looking for scale and not doing any comps or anything like that. Basically this will be built to look like my real Cherokee. Looking for opinions on both truck's and what makes one better than the other. I know Axial truck's have tons of aftermarket support but I'm not planning on spending thousands of dollars on upgrades. Any opinions appreciated
krkcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2014, 02:31 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scale Build Opinion -SCX10 vs RC4WD Tail Stomper

I'd get the Trail Stomper, the JK has been overdone way too much. It's why I just sold mine about an hour ago!
The Stomper has more scale appearance, is unique, has good tires and metal 1.55 rims.

The Stompers big plus is the tires and wheels, as I doubt your Cherokee has 19 inch rims.
Plus, the SCX10 ones are plastic.

If it's mainly gunna be a shelf queen and get used lightly, buy the Stomper unless this is your first or will be your only RC, get the SCX10. But, I'd buy the new SCX10 Deadbolt as it is $80 cheaper and really, you're gunna have to change the body anyway.

The SCX10 is way more capable but, if you decide on the Stomper, get new driveshafts.
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:00 PM   #3

Default Re: Scale Build Opinion -SCX10 vs RC4WD Tail Stomper

thanks for the input. It won't be a total shelf queen but I won't be bashing it. I'll take it in the mountains around here and take it camping for fun. If I want to go fast , I have buggies and SCT's for that. I just have always wanted to build something extremely scale and realistic and need a platform to base it on. The only thing I don't like about the SCX10 is the rear suspension, the scale of the wheels you mentioned and it's Axial. I want leaf springs like a real XJ. I bought a Wraith (kit version) a few months ago and was not impressed. Sure it's a good truck, but I thought for the price Axial could've given some hopups in the box and stronger componets. That left me with a bad opinion.
krkcdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Scale Build Opinion -SCX10 vs RC4WD Tail Stomper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD Trail stomper 88gmchog 1.5 Scale Rigs 9 10-26-2012 07:47 AM
rc4wd trail stomper vs scx10 based scaler mattstang 1.9 Scale Rigs 3 01-04-2012 07:36 AM
Scx10 tail lights out buzzbe97 Axial SCX-10 4 03-11-2011 08:20 AM
Need opinion on scale build camobob General Scale Talk 6 02-22-2011 01:02 PM