Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Vanquish F9 have a centered front diff?
Yes 24 54.55%
No 20 45.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Centered F9 Front Housing? What do YOU think??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2015, 07:55 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Centered F9 Front Housing? What do YOU think??

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
... should tell ya something.
Werd, the giveashiatometer hasn't done more than wiggle off of zero. I didn't even open this thread until I saw you posted in it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2015, 06:25 AM   #22
20K Club

I do think that you are somewhat talking to the wrong crowd. This isn't a monster truck forum really. However I will say that the 4-link solid axle (shaft driven) MT scene is growing so I wouldn't be too surprised to start seeing some parts that are more geared towards their wants/needs.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:00 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
... should tell ya something.
just seeing the intrest in something, if your going to open it and read it why not talk about it. it's a new product thats coming out. i don't really care if anyone likes the idea or hates it. i didn't post this to start an argument just a discussion, if they make it.... awesome if they don't ill make one.

companies are more innovative than they have been in the past. i'm not trying to get VP to change there production of anything just to see the intrest or if people would think its a cool idea.
DirtyChevy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:02 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Werd, the giveashiatometer hasn't done more than wiggle off of zero. I didn't even open this thread until I saw you posted in it.

seeing how you are running three trucks with AR60's and this is the only sort of input you have? what do you think about it?
Old 10-23-2015, 07:06 AM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I do think that you are somewhat talking to the wrong crowd. This isn't a monster truck forum really. However I will say that the 4-link solid axle (shaft driven) MT scene is growing so I wouldn't be too surprised to start seeing some parts that are more geared towards their wants/needs.
i know and for the most part i figured this would get shot down by just about everybody over here. and if it does so be it. i see that alot of people could careless about monster trucks but even for crawlers or people who are making scale U4 trucks... do you not think it would be cool to have a center front diff? unlike most i want my truck to be different to be set apart. sure i could run the same stuff everyone else does... but wheres the fun in that. people post up builds they do and different things the build/modify and people are always supportive and enthused. just figured more people would have something to say. Good or Bad.

Mike
Old 10-23-2015, 07:36 AM   #26
MODERATOR™

My TLT, CR-01, Hi-Lift, Clodbuster, AX-10, SCX-10 and Berg (kinda) all have centered diffs. Kyosho Rock Force doesn't. This place went on and on for years about getting an offset diff and then the Wraith came out. And people were happy.

Maybe look into a Kyosho Mad Force axle. You can do all kinds of axle length arrangements with those.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:36 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
My TLT, CR-01, Hi-Lift, Clodbuster, AX-10, SCX-10 and Berg (kinda) all have centered diffs. Kyosho Rock Force doesn't. This place went on and on for years about getting an offset diff and then the Wraith came out. And people were happy.

Maybe look into a Kyosho Mad Force axle. You can do all kinds of axle length arrangements with those.

Good Feedback!
all of the axles listed are good axles without a doubt, but like i said with axials involvement becoming bigger in the monster truck world it would be cool to have a nice aluminum centered axle that looks more scaleish using those axial parts. and for that reason i think that market is growing, maybe they could release a few "Kit's" to make the F9 centered and see how it does? could be a big seller? who knows unless you try it and i'm sure a small run of parts to do that they could make up for... like i said just an idea

like i stated before i'm not trying to get them to steer away from offset diffs because i know crawler,scalers like the offset because it resembles 1:1 trucks,buggies,u4's. just trying to spark intrest in another "option" seeing what everyone thought.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:45 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyChevy45 View Post
seeing how you are running three trucks with AR60's and this is the only sort of input you have? what do you think about it?
What do I think about it? I think dumping $300 or more just into axle housings for a monster truck is retarded. Especially since they'll likely get bent if the rig is used as a monster truck is intended to be used.

These axles are for the scale geeks not the basher so you're barking up the wrong tree.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:14 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
What do I think about it? I think dumping $300 or more just into axle housings for a monster truck is retarded. Especially since they'll likely get bent if the rig is used as a monster truck is intended to be used.

These axles are for the scale geeks not the basher so you're barking up the wrong tree.
id be willing to spend money on a quality product that fit the trucks look and set it apart from everyone elses..... i mean if your jumping your trucks off your roof and smashing them into trees. your right axles will bend. but for guys racing them and looking for a good looking quality piece i feel they would fit. i mean rock bouncing is pretty tough on shit and most guys with scale rock bouncing tubers i would assume drive them somewhat similar? atleast i would... and i would want quality parts just like i do in 1:1.

thanks for voicing your thought on it!
Old 10-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Bolting on parts doesn't set it off from the rest unless you're up against broke kids. It just means you're willing to drop cash on bling. Plastic housings have some give to them, they're cheap and durable enough. I've busted a few but I don't run "beef tubes" either since I don't want the housing to get too rigid and risk moving the weak point somewhere else.

I come from the 1:1 wheeling end of things too. My last wheeler was a tubed toyota on built 1 tons, 44" tsl's with a 231 crawl box feeding an atlas II. No bling just pure function.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

and i respect that... but you have to admit its cool having something that functions and looks well that very few have.... and this is a hobby, broke kids or not we all have a passion for it. i'm no billionaire by any means hell i'm barely a get by-er lol. but i i'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. if i'm going to spend money on an aluminum axle housing and quality parts, i want them to function as well as they look. would just be cool like i said before to have an OPTION for this new product to be Centered front.

Mike
Old 10-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like your never going to win this one DirtyChevy45.....My DMG Wraith is completely "blinged" out and is one of the best performing crawlers out there (for its class) and looks great doing it too! I still vote YES!
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

it was never about winning or losing lol it's not up to me anyway it VP's product... but if more yes votes than no id still feel good about it. if more no's ill just assume this crowd just doesn't have an intrest in it, which is fine everyone has there opinions and thats what i was looking for. regardless if they do it or not ive already spoken with a company that will be willing to modify one to make it what i would like. i'm just thinking for everyone and the 14 like minded guys who voted yes haha!

Mike
Old 10-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I'm not against centered front housings, I just don't see a point in marketing them to the monster truck crowd. If they'd simply have the axle tubes available with standard ends like the plastic versions it'd allow for what you're after.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:33 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I'm not against centered front housings, I just don't see a point in marketing them to the monster truck crowd. If they'd simply have the axle tubes available with standard ends like the plastic versions it'd allow for what you're after.
well thats a positive that your not against it! lol only reason i was pointing out the monster truck guys is because there more and more axial based trucks racing now. (not that clod based or other MOA based trucks arent good) so i was pointing out that people whod like the look of a center front axle with quality parts would be pretty cool! and thats what i'm saying! even if they don't offer a "complete" axle atleast get a batch or parts to make it that way, (tubes,shafts,truss).
Old 10-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #36
20K Club

Quote:

You think you're going to bend a Currie axle using it like a monster truck? Not likely.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:28 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You think you're going to bend a Currie axle using it like a monster truck? Not likely.
The way I drive a monster truck is likely a whooooole lot different than how you drive a monster truck.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:44 PM   #38
20K Club

Quote:
The way I drive a monster truck is likely a whooooole lot different than how you drive a monster truck.
The way you drive a solid axle monster truck? I'll still call BS. What solid axle monster truck are you driving today that would bend a Currie? Love to see it.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:49 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

i don't think any of the GP would ever have a problem with Bending or breaking an aluminum axle unless like i said before.... you jump it off your roof and smash it into things lol
Old 10-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The way you drive a solid axle monster truck? I'll still call BS. What solid axle monster truck are you driving today that would bend a Currie? Love to see it.
I drive everything like a 7 year old. The problem is I have more power in my rigs than any 7 year old should have. Have I bent an almighty currie housing? No. Will I be running them in any of my rigs? No. So I guess we'll just have to say I'm talking out of my ass and leave it at that eh?

Centered F9 Front Housing? What do YOU think?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish centered axle shafts to GCM centered housing compatibility npcaldwell Axial Yeti 7 01-31-2015 12:47 PM