Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Vanquish F9 have a centered front diff?
Yes 24 54.55%
No 20 45.45%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Centered F9 Front Housing? What do YOU think??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Exclamation Centered F9 Front Housing? What do YOU think??

Just like the title says, Vanquish is coming out with the F9 as you already know. Not sure how alot of you feel about centered front diffs so i figured id post a poll up to see what you guys think!

Would you like to see the F9 with a Centered front option in the Wraith Width? lets here some feedback of why you would, or wouldn't!

Mike

Last edited by DirtyChevy45; 11-13-2015 at 07:36 AM.
DirtyChevy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Centered F9 Front Housing? What do YOU think??

The F9 can/is centered already. Harley is running his front and rear as centered setups now.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:13 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

in a Wraith width... i know the SCX-10 is

i edited the first post to clarify.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Why would you want a centered front on a wraith. Nothing wrong with the offset pumpkin IMO.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i know theres nothing wrong with it, but it would give them more options for the axle. seeing how Axial is becoming big in Monster truck circuit racing and alot of guys are making some trucks scale(ish) this would be a good axle to use for them. centered pig gives the look of realisim and allows you to use axial/Vanquish parts. shafty trucks are growing and there isn't a whole lot of axles out there to really give the tough one off look of a MT. i know you guys are mostly into crawling and i am as well, living in TN i go and see my fair share and will be building a 1:1 buggy soon but just think it would be different and kinda cool. the Wraith width is perfect and with Clod/txt/WK axles out ya there nice but don't really "set a truck apart" from the rest. theres less than a handful of actual "MT" axles and there either two wide, to narrow, to heavy, no options for gearing/lockers/diffs. i'm just throwing out an idea and seeing what others think.

Mike
Old 10-21-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Voted Yes! I would like to convert my R1 to the Vanquish F9 axles, but the pumpkin is on the wrong side compared to the trans output and I don't want the driveshaft to go from one side to the other. (The trans cannot be flipped)

Last edited by bilinvic; 10-21-2015 at 11:41 AM.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Keep it offset. If you want centered, get scx housing. Plus front centered isnt scale. Also how many monsters will get built vs how many wraiths are out there.

Or build both, have the option to have offset or centered, by having different tube lengths. That would be awesome, because everyone will be happy.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Keep it offset. If you want centered, get scx housing. Plus front centered isnt scale. Also how many monsters will get built vs how many wraiths are out there.

Or build both, have the option to have offset or centered, by having different tube lengths. That would be awesome, because everyone will be happy.
pretty sure he meant as another option not to replace the offset...
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Does not appeal to me.

Plus one for the negatives
tacocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

ya i don't mean to replace it because guys who are crawling obviously want an offset for the scale look.

i was just referring to the wraith for the hex-hex width is good for 1/10 scale Monster builds.

and yes Monster trucks have a center chunk diff...so it would look scale in that application.

and the SCX isn't wide enough. just make a kit that you can buy the tube,axle shaft and new truss for a centered version not to totally replace it, just open up the axle to being used for more than crawling looks!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:26 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Keep the thoughts coming! For it or against!!
Old 10-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

From what I've seen on Vanquish's and Carter Fabs Facebook page , they are in the works .

hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:40 PM   #13
RCC Addict

If it were just axle tubes I don't think it's be that big a job to machine, it's the inner shafts, there is no readily available axles shafts to suit that width axle.
I see you've discounted using the Digger housings at 292mm (11.5") wide for something narrower, from what I can find the AR60 is 240mm (9.5"), the XR10 I found to be 220mm (8.68"), which is available with centered front tubes & there are both uni & VVD shafts available for already.
Could you gain that 10mm (0.4") back each side in hubs/wideners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbounder View Post
From what I've seen on Vanquish's and Carter Fabs Facebook page , they are in the works .
I believe that reference to "centered" is for the rear with the one piece axle tubes, not to suit lock outs/C-hubs which is whats being polled here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84yoda View Post
Plus front centered isn't scale.
Actually, yes it is, it's just not scale to an OEM.
Centered or offset is determined primarily by trans/transfer output location & oil pan clearance, in a rear engined rig that can allow a centered front.
Attached Images

altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:10 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Great feedback altd896!! when you put clod size tires on a digger axle they are just obnoxiously wide. and they are very heavy. and after talking with my chassis builder who has used them has said even under an 1/8 scale they still look off. great axle without a doubt just not for my application.

and with the XR10 id rather not use wideners to achieve the width to make it look right, plus the little narrow axle tubes just wouldn't fit right IMO. if i was going to go that route i could use Blackwell axles and use wideners and spacers but then like i said it just doesn't seem to look right.

and i think you meant to write get the 20mm of difference from AR60 to Xr10? non the less id rather not HAVE to use wideners and spacers. and i think alot of the guys who bash there trucks wouldn't want to either puts more stress on the C/Knuckle.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:13 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
If it were just axle tubes I don't think it's be that big a job to machine, it's the inner shafts, there is no readily available axles shafts to suit that width axle.

Also i don't think it would be hard to machine the flat spots after obtaining the proper length in the shaft. with the tubes i'm guessing you would have to use to long side tubes and re machine them or start over.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:16 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I believe that reference to "centered" is for the rear with the one piece axle tubes, not to suit lock outs/C-hubs which is whats being polled.

I seem to remember when I posted about them , front and rear centered being worked on . But meh who knows .
hellbounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyChevy45 View Post
and with the XR10 id rather not use wideners to achieve the width to make it look right, plus the little narrow axle tubes just wouldn't fit right IMO.
What little narrow axle tubes are you talking about?
Not SCX10 width, XR10 width.
Of course you can get long side Wraith tubes & axles and re-machine them, but that wasn't what you were asking.
You were asking for interest in VP making them.
That means re-doing the programs for at least 2 machining centres to do tubes & inner shafts for a housing I honestly doubt there is much demand for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyChevy45 View Post
and i think you meant to write get the 20mm of difference from AR60 to Xr10? non the less id rather not HAVE to use wideners and spacers. and i think alot of the guys who bash there trucks wouldn't want to either puts more stress on the C/Knuckle.
No I meant exactly what I said, I'm not an idiot, I can do maths, it's a 20mm overall difference in width which is 10mm each side, exactly as I said.

I've got an AR60 axled MT, I'll just keep using the cheap & light plastic housings, I really don't think that's somewhere I want that much weight.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:01 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
What little narrow axle tubes are you talking about?
Not SCX10 width, XR10 width.
Of course you can get long side Wraith tubes & axles and re-machine them, but that wasn't what you were asking.
You were asking for interest in VP making them.
That means re-doing the programs for at least 2 machining centres to do tubes & inner shafts for a housing I honestly doubt there is much demand for.

No I meant exactly what I said, I'm not an idiot, I can do maths, it's a 20mm overall difference in width which is 10mm each side, exactly as I said.

I've got an AR60 axled MT, I'll just keep using the cheap & light plastic housings, I really don't think that's somewhere I want that much weight.

XR10 width is still narrower than Wraith Correct? i know thats not what i was asking just making a statement that if they decided not to you could do it with those parts... And yes i am asking the interest of VP making them because it would be nice to spend that money on an axle and not have to modify it, but if they don't i will and have a one off axle. just seeing what others thought and if they shared an interest.

AHH okay when you said 10mm wasnt sure that you were referring to one side...thought you were talking overall. honest mistake.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

18 votes out of 400 views. Come on guys!! Lol
Old 10-22-2015, 07:26 PM   #20
MODERATOR™

... should tell ya something.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote

Centered F9 Front Housing? What do YOU think?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish centered axle shafts to GCM centered housing compatibility npcaldwell Axial Yeti 7 01-31-2015 12:47 PM