Thread: Ottsix TKO10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2016, 06:11 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ottsix TKO10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
got more pics of axles the OTTSIX?
I also swapped out the 2 lower diff. screws that hold the case out for some that were 2mm? shorter just for that little bit more clearance and less chance a screw will grab a rock. Also the drive shafts clear the upper links fine, and even clear my homemade LCG battery mount.

2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2016, 08:52 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

https://youtu.be/Gbi9ELlJvWc

https://youtu.be/tRKMTDjC12g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #83
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvghostrider View Post
Great video, thanks!
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Old 03-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

My axles came in Saturday and......I couldn't wait to get them installed.

I modified them to fit with the Vanquish panhard mount similar to an earlier post. Was straight forward and only took about an hour. Using this mount doesn't leave a lot of material. I just started to penetrate into the axle. If I were to do it again, I would take more off the mount and less of the housing.

I love the offset angles. Unlike the stock housings, there is plenty of room to shim. I have them butter smooth with minimal deflection.

Last edited by drzoo2; 03-20-2016 at 02:01 PM.
drzoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Is the offset pumpkin simply visual? Seems the pinion roughly in the same centered location as a stock axial axle. Just trying to wrap my head around it. These may find a home on my 1/6 leaf sprung willies since they still have the 4 mounting points on the top of the housing like the stock housings.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:59 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

The angled input is clocked off center from the normal input angle to allow for less driveshaft angle. This seems to work better with higher than stock profile ride heights to save from binding driveshafts when the suspension is dropped down completely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2016, 10:14 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Ok has anyone installed rear axle beeftubes? I am building the rear axle and the inner diameter of the beef tube is smaller than the bearing flange at both inner and outer ends of the axle. Am I supposed to modify/remove one of these flanges in order to install the beef tubes?
Old 05-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #89
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Ok has anyone installed rear axle beeftubes? I am building the rear axle and the inner diameter of the beef tube is smaller than the bearing flange at both inner and outer ends of the axle. Am I supposed to modify/remove one of these flanges in order to install the beef tubes?
I'm not sure what's going on here, I'd contact BeefTubes on this
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:55 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

I've had to remove the inner flange on other axle shafts in the past to fit inside the beef tube
Old 05-02-2016, 02:22 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Is it just me thats finding the Revo link end pivot balls horribly loose in the TKO truss?
Considering they're practically industry standard for aftermarket links I expected them to fit but I've had to squeeze a washer in to take out the slop that left me with about 3mm each way of axle play. Getting that washer in on the rig was no picnic.
Is there another pivot ball that fits Traxxas ends that is a snug fit for the truss? If there is could someone post a link or part #
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Jato hollow balls are the next wider size from a Revo hollow ball. 5529 is the Traxxas part number. These have been just the thing for me when I need something just a bit wider.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Is it just me thats finding the Revo link end pivot balls horribly loose in the TKO truss?
Considering they're practically industry standard for aftermarket links I expected them to fit but I've had to squeeze a washer in to take out the slop that left me with about 3mm each way of axle play. Getting that washer in on the rig was no picnic.
Is there another pivot ball that fits Traxxas ends that is a snug fit for the truss? If there is could someone post a link or part #
Just like loose tolerance Axial stock housing.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:34 PM   #94
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
I had to trim down the inner flange of my axle in order to get it to fit inside the Beef Tubes. The instructions on their site shows which one to trim.
Adama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adama View Post
I had to trim down the inner flange of my axle in order to get it to fit inside the Beef Tubes. The instructions on their site shows which one to trim.
Came across this after removing the flange already haha

Rear axle is good under my 1/6 willies. Will post pics later.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:37 AM   #96
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Axial rod ends fit tight. I know they are plastic, but it works until you find something else.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:11 AM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erbing View Post
Axial rod ends fit tight. I know they are plastic, but it works until you find something else.
Just shits me that every man, his cousin, their dogs & their sisters cousins dog uses Revo ends for links & now I have to go looking for something different what I've already got.
Does anyone really imagine there's lots of buyers out there for these that are still using stock Axial links for crying out loud.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #98
ion
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Just shits me that every man, his cousin, their dogs & their sisters cousins dog uses Revo ends for links & now I have to go looking for something different what I've already got.
Does anyone really imagine there's lots of buyers out there for these that are still using stock Axial links for crying out loud.

Do you really thing that there are this many people that are complaining about a tiny bit of play in a toy truck for cying out loud?

Toy trucks are such serious business.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Heres the rear axle under my leaf sprung 1/6 GI Joe Willies. TKO10 axles, Brass Beeftubes which fit like a glove, LURC Spool and axle shafts, VP lockouts (replacing soon with black), Axial UD gears and LURC scale hardware.

ALso it next to a SSD built rear axle. SSD is a little more scale (also more $$) but I like the high pinion and the stock truss hardware locations on the TKO10. Made swapping my stock axial axles out a breeze.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:13 AM   #100
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion View Post
Do you really thing that there are this many people that are complaining about a tiny bit of play in a toy truck for cying out loud?

Toy trucks are such serious business.
Tiny I could & have lived with, an ⅛" axle walk either side of centre is enough I think to complain about, if your happy with it feel free to live with it, I'm not happy with it & don't feel like sitting idly by & just accepting that's how it is.
While we all just sit back & go "ah well, that's how it is, they're just toys" the product isn't going to improve is it?

Ottsix TKO10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ottsix.com info+++++++++ crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 5 04-25-2013 01:20 PM
ottsix.com crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 3 04-09-2013 04:36 PM
Ottsix schism losikid Chit Chat 9 05-20-2012 09:22 AM
Welcome OTTSIX drivers ScaleFreak93 Chit Chat 16 04-21-2012 06:29 PM