Notices

Thread: Ottsix TKO10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 11:14 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ottsix TKO10

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Just shits me that every man, his cousin, their dogs & their sisters cousins dog uses Revo ends for links & now I have to go looking for something different what I've already got.
Does anyone really imagine there's lots of buyers out there for these that are still using stock Axial links for crying out loud.
No but they gotta keep in mind the initial buyer of the RTR trucks, because these are billed as STOCK replacement, meaning they have to work with all stock components... those come with axial ends, and if they break a housing... they buy a TKO housing thinking "oh thats cooler looking", guess what, they are going to use axial ends still. Quit assuming everyone knows everything or is in the know. Any idea how many people are into this as a hobby and still don't know what a "revo end" is or what it means?
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JSC View Post
No but they gotta keep in mind the initial buyer of the RTR trucks, because these are billed as STOCK replacement, meaning they have to work with all stock components... those come with axial ends, and if they break a housing... they buy a TKO housing thinking "oh thats cooler looking", guess what, they are going to use axial ends still. Quit assuming everyone knows everything or is in the know. Any idea how many people are into this as a hobby and still don't know what a "revo end" is or what it means?

I can see both sides of this but I have to say that the majority of people that start to look to the aftermarket are going to know what a Revo end is and what it does long before they find out what a TKO10 is or at least real damn close to the same time. Links are so common across so many rigs that buying or building your own is more than likely one of the first things to happen to new trucks especially with such noodley stock links that immediately start showing their limitations. Plus, what does it take to go with the well known standard in the aftermarket and just put a line in the description, "Revo rod ends recommended". Don't stick with the stock design because it fits stock plastic inferior balls. That was the whole reason for producing this new axle in the first place, improvement.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #103
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREAMER View Post
........... Don't stick with the stock design because it fits stock plastic inferior balls. That was the whole reason for producing this new axle in the first place, improvement.
See, thats what I meant, if only I'd have been able to be that clear without being clouded by the frustration of having to something that I still think shouldn't need fixing.
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 07:21 AM   #104
RCC Addict

These turned out a the perfect replacement for my boring axial stock housings. Used them with the sweet and narrow beefy beeftubes on my 1/6 leaf sprung willys with xr10 steering

Last edited by Shinjari; 05-31-2016 at 10:36 PM.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #105

So I just picked up a set of these for my rig. I know that the upper links need to get shorter. Does anyone know by how much or how long should they be eye to eye for a 12" wheelbase.
jdnoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:13 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Making the most out of that high pinion output. No links or driveshaft to get in the way
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #107
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoss View Post
So I just picked up a set of these for my rig. I know that the upper links need to get shorter. Does anyone know by how much or how long should they be eye to eye for a 12" wheelbase.
What chassis are you using?
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:57 AM   #108

Stock SCX10
Old 05-11-2016, 01:07 AM   #109
Rock Crawler

Are you thinking you need to adjust the wheelbase because of these housings are it's just needed at the same time? Cus the output on these is already angled up so in theory leaving it as is should work fine for these and will give the improved angle.
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:43 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by honchojoe View Post
Are you thinking you need to adjust the wheelbase because of these housings are it's just needed at the same time? Cus the output on these is already angled up so in theory leaving it as is should work fine for these and will give the improved angle.
Its not to adjust the wheel base. The upper links get shorter because of the new trusses. To keep the axle rotation correct you change your upper links. I was just trying to save myself some guess work. My upper links are custom anyways so it's not to had to adjust myself.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:49 AM   #111
Rock Crawler

Aaahhhh I assumed as they are designed to replace the stock units that the mounts were all designed to use stock length hardware etc.
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:32 AM   #112
Pebble Pounder

1 in Russia
Yesterday ordered forward delivery.
Just ordered:
Vanquish Aluminum Frame Servo Mount Silver For Axial SCX10 CMS
Vanquish Aluminum Axle Panhard 3 Link Mount Silver For Axial SCX10
TKO-10 Rear Truss
asiddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:45 AM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Has anybody used these for a narrow xr mod and if so what do you think? How much material did you have to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dpcardoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:46 PM   #114
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcardoza View Post
Has anybody used these for a narrow xr mod and if so what do you think? How much material did you have to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes lots of people have, including me. When using TKO specific tubes, the only material you have to remove is the tangs where stock c hubs normally mount. You are replacing them with splined tangs that are part of the tubes. With the splines you retain the ability to clock the c hub and it keeps the c hub from rotating.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottorque View Post
Yes lots of people have, including me. When using TKO specific tubes, the only material you have to remove is the tangs where stock c hubs normally mount. You are replacing them with splined tangs that are part of the tubes. With the splines you retain the ability to clock the c hub and it keeps the c hub from rotating.
But when you buy the short beef tubs don't you have to shorten the axle length so when you add the beef tube you aren't adding to the track width of the vehicle? Or am I missing something. I assumed the wide beef tube was for using the axle in its stock form and the narrow beef five was for narrowing the axle.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2016, 10:33 PM   #116
RCC Addict

Wide means using xr10 universals in their factory width. Narrow means narrowing the axle to maintain roughly stock scx10 track width.

So if you are trying to maintain stockish width. Get the narrow tubes, cut the housings, install wraith/xr10 chubs and knuckles and modify some xr10 universal tangs to fit in the locker.

Look at my post on the previous page...it shows exactly how the narrow tubes work.

Last edited by Shinjari; 05-31-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Last question I think. Do you have to use the xr10 vvd's on the wide version or do you think the hd SSD ones will work as well. The xr 10's are getting hated to come buy

Old 06-01-2016, 10:50 AM   #118
RCC Addict

I use cut down xr10 vvds. If you want to cut down wraith shafts, you'd need 2 long sides.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #119
RCC Addict

Quote:
Last question I think. Do you have to use the xr10 vvd's on the wide version or do you think the hd SSD ones will work as well. The xr 10's are getting hated to come buy

When you say VVD, do you mean specifically the Vanquish products VVDs?

Any xr10 universal/cvd would work. I typically use the Axial xr10 universals and cut them down and file new tangs. I know some vendors even provide this as a service.

If you get wide tubes, then you dont have to modify the xr10 universals/cvds/vvds.

If you want to maintain roughly stock scx10 width, from my experience you either have to modify them yourself or find a vendor who sells them already modified.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Dlux has XR10 universals in stock. You could also buy 2 Wraith long side shafts from Dlux for a few dollars less since they are just going to be cut down.

Dlux Fab
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ottsix TKO10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ottsix.com info+++++++++ crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 5 04-25-2013 01:20 PM
ottsix.com crawl-o-matic General Crawlers 3 04-09-2013 04:36 PM
Ottsix schism losikid Chit Chat 9 05-20-2012 09:22 AM
Welcome OTTSIX drivers ScaleFreak93 Chit Chat 16 04-21-2012 06:29 PM