Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Looking for a place to buy bushings, can someon e point me in the right direction?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2017, 07:04 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Question Looking for a place to buy bushings, can someon e point me in the right direction?

I am in the parts gathering phase of an upcoming CC-01 build. One of the things I want to do is to replace the stock crappy plastic bushings with bronze bushings. I know I could use bearings but I run in a lot of mud and water so bushings are a better way to go for me. So other than straight from Tamiya is there a better(cheaper) place to order bronze bushings from?
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2017, 07:08 AM   #2

Default Re: Looking for a place to buy bushings, can someon e point me in the right direction

Sealed bearings will last a lot longer then you might imagine even in mud and water. I run mine at least a year, but it's usually longer.

With that being said have you checked McMaster-Carr or a supply house such as that?

If you happen to know the size of the bushings I'd be happy to help you search.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Looking for a place to buy bushings, can someon e point me in the right direction

Traxxas has some, size is the key

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...DS2RoCdqzw_wcB

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:56 AM   #4

Tamiya sells them as well, but it'll probably be cheaper if you can find them from a wholesaler.

If you pay shipping I'd even send you my leftover Tamiya bushings if I can find them.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
If you pay shipping I'd even send you my leftover Tamiya bushings if I can find them.
For sure! If you find them let me know and I will gladly take them off your hands. If you don't mind just pm me when/if you find them and we will work out the payment.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:13 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

OK so I've never ran bushings in anything except cheap motors, but in my experience those bushings don't hold up well in muddy or dirty water. The grit mixed with water, works its way between the bushing and shaft and kind of "wet sands" the bushing and before you know it, the bushing is worn out. A good sealed bearing will hold up much better, especially with good cleaning and maintenance, which should be a priority on a truck that sees water and mud often.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Waitwhatsthat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:25 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitwhatsthat? View Post
OK so I've never ran bushings in anything except cheap motors, but in my experience those bushings don't hold up well in muddy or dirty water. The grit mixed with water, works its way between the bushing and shaft and kind of "wet sands" the bushing and before you know it, the bushing is worn out. A good sealed bearing will hold up much better, especially with good cleaning and maintenance, which should be a priority on a truck that sees water and mud often.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
In the past with TLTs I found bushings did a better job of keeping the grit and grime out of the axle than bearings. Especially on longer trail runs, rather have a bushing wear and get slop rather than lock up. Just my experience.

That being said I will prob end up getting a set of bearings since they are only bout $20 for a set just for the ease of getting them.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
Hal
Quarry Creeper

A lot of kits come with bushings in place of brgs. If you have trouble finding them try your LHS. The guys at my local shop have a lot of parts left from when people upgraded. I replaced a lot of the bearings in my comp-crawler with bushings or oversized bearings. The 5x8 dont hold up even with top of the line ceramics. I got a lot of them from Traxxas or other kits parts. Internet search will realy help as well as search on this forum. Good luck
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Looking for a place to buy bushings, can someon e point me in the right direction? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can someone point me in the right direction SerpentCT4S General Scale Talk 4 04-26-2015 06:41 PM
Ok, some one point me in the right direction???? Tgreer Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 11 04-18-2014 01:21 PM
Someone point me in the right direction for hilux parts chattinfarms Paint and Body 2 08-05-2013 03:46 AM
point me in the right direction. slim gravy Axial Wraith 7 06-09-2013 10:00 PM
Cheapest place and best place to buy a BERG kit? dirttrackdemon93 EnRoute Berg 15 09-17-2009 01:42 PM