Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Best transmission for a shafty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Best transmission for a shafty

I don't know if this is the right place for this but the mods can move if needed. I'm trying to figure out which transmission I want to buy I have it trickled down to three choices. The bulldog the ham berger and the cheez berger. I would like to hear from guys how have any of these and would like to have ur input.
I love all the options with gears with the ham berger and cheez berger but like the closed case with the bulldog and I could get the same options on gears with the bulldog but will cost more money but it looks like the out put shafts are better on the bulldog. Please give ur opinion it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tjsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Best transmission for a shafty

I have been running a CheezBerger in my rental sporty since early September and the open case has not been an issue at all. The opposing rotation really limits torque twist and the offset gearing allows for stronger gears to be ran up front instead of weaker overdrive gears.

I have a HamBerger with SAF gears in my main sporty and I really like it. The lack of stupid .6 mod pinion is nice as well as being able to run a smaller pinion than 12 tooth is good too. It is very small as well, which makes packaging nice.

I have a good friend running a bulldog in his sporty. The enclosed case is nice since once greased the gears are very quiet but damnit that thing is expensive.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the quick response.
This is the exact response that I want. Real experience with them.
I was thinking the same thing about the bulldog but would like some feedback on it also as I have not been able to find much out on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tjsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:06 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

For the price and quality just grab a CheezBerger with low ratio gears. The shafts can be swapped front and back so the motor can be ran in the forward position helping with weight bias too. The skid can be flipped as well as the trans mounted on it so it can be assembled in many ways to fit whatever chassis you are running. There is rumor that there is a cover coming for the CheezBerger too...
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote

Best transmission for a shafty - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission options for shafty super... ToTheMAXXcrawler Superclass Crawlers 4 03-03-2016 01:06 PM
Super Shafty Bomb Proof Transmission getting hot.. OhioGuy82 Axial SCX-10 6 10-12-2014 07:18 PM