Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What would you like to see the manufacturers make available?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2017, 12:20 PM   #21

Default Re: What would you like to see the manufacturers make available?

Measurements on parts even when they're direct replacements. It's a pain to google for forum posts that might mention the size of a part that might fit what you need. (obviously the correct answer is buy something that has an established aftermarket)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I would like to see the parts that the vendors advertise actually in stock. It is frustrating to look up parts only to see them out of stock.
Smart vendors are monitoring hits to decide on whether they should restock.
BlackVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I'd also like to see more "enhanced" lexan bodies like the Vaterra bodies and the Axials that have hard plastic detail parts. Affordable hardbodies would be nice too.
SPLATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:40 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I am not into Barbies, but detailed realistic scale drivers/figures sure would be nice. And in different sizes. Has nothing to do with crawling itself, but a scale barbecue grill or wrestler behind the wheel doesn't either.
Maybe with different haircuts or heads to change out and chose from. And clothes! Tired of all the Terminators, minions and other dwarfs, that are just not the right size - LOL, I am almost 50 and talk about little dolls ...
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
More hours in the day.

All the scale crap on the face of the planet does nothing for me. I know of a whole pile of absolutely bad ass comp crawler parts that are coming out but there isn't enough hours in the day for the vendors to keep their inventory on existing parts intact and get the new hotness prototyped, tested then to market. More hours in the day would let that happen.
Sometimes, you just have to pick something and stick with it.

If the scale parts are expanding business, then maybe it is time to drop comp crawlers. Or the other way around if that's the case.

Better to excel at one thing then be mediocre at many. That doesn't include just manufacturing, but keeping stock up.

I can't tell you how many times I went to RCC vendors to support them only to find half the things listed on their site in stock.

How am I supposed to build an axle when they have gear, but no lockers, rear driveshaft's but not front.

As a result RPP gets most of my bigger orders, and ebay with cheap/free shipping gets the rest of the small orders.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
Sometimes, you just have to pick something and stick with it.

If the scale parts are expanding business, then maybe it is time to drop comp crawlers. Or the other way around if that's the case.

Better to excel at one thing then be mediocre at many. That doesn't include just manufacturing, but keeping stock up.

I can't tell you how many times I went to RCC vendors to support them only to find half the things listed on their site in stock.

How am I supposed to build an axle when they have gear, but no lockers, rear driveshaft's but not front.

As a result RPP gets most of my bigger orders, and ebay with cheap/free shipping gets the rest of the small orders.
I agree, I get all of my parts from 5 places. If rpp, a main, tcs crawlers, krazed builds or dlux don't have it I don't need it. There is some overlap in who I get basic parts from so it's usually a 1 stop shop.

There has been much farming out of labor and streamlining of production & products alike so keeping stock up is getting easier, I just wish there were more hours so the special stuff could get done too.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:51 PM   #26

an updated deadbolt/entry level RTR
sportbikeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:03 PM   #27
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportbikeco View Post
an updated deadbolt/entry level RTR
Steel transmission and driveshafts with aluminum links do it?
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:47 AM   #28
Pebble Pounder

More 1.55 beadlock wheel options,hardbody Jeep TJ in the sub $50 or lower price range,and 2wd-4wd selectable transfer case,or un-lockable front diff.
WranglerMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
It would probably cost more than just doing the upgrades yourself.

I don't know. Other types of RC can often be bought like that. No one who buys an X-ray or Mugen immediately says "I must replace all drive line parts with MIPs and get a bunch of Vanquish bits because the plastics are crap/unsuitable". Those kits don't need aftermarket support to be reliable. The scaler/crawler segment of RC almost has this tacit acceptance that any RTR or kit will need something, perhaps a good deal of it replacing. See the Yeti. Running one stock and only fixing with stock parts is inconceivable.
mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:05 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mond View Post
I don't know. Other types of RC can often be bought like that. No one who buys an X-ray or Mugen immediately says "I must replace all drive line parts with MIPs and get a bunch of Vanquish bits because the plastics are crap/unsuitable". Those kits don't need aftermarket support to be reliable. The scaler/crawler segment of RC almost has this tacit acceptance that any RTR or kit will need something, perhaps a good deal of it replacing. See the Yeti. Running one stock and only fixing with stock parts is inconceivable.

Thats what happens when a crawler company tries to make a go fast rig. You want a yeti that isnt junk then slap its cage on an inferno with a mad force solid rear axle. You'll never have drivetrain problems again.

You want to know why the 1/8 scale stuff doesn't need upgrades right out of the gate? They've been beating on and improving them since the 90's. They didn't used to be so good.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerMan View Post
More 1.55 beadlock wheel options,hardbody Jeep TJ in the sub $50 or lower price range,and 2wd-4wd selectable transfer case,or un-lockable front diff.

Yeah! A TJ. Maybe an LJ too. I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #32

More body options would be great, but I understand that the required license agreements with the various car companies are quite expensive. That being said, JConcepts is rockin' it with their monster truck body lineup, and hopefully continues to expand their scaler lineup.

With the winter months now upon us, I'd like more high-quality small-scale options for indoor use. The upcoming 1/24 ECX Barrage has been pre-ordered and I expect it to be a decent value, but a really good 1/18th scaler with proper electronics would be better yet.

Quote:
You want to know why the 1/8 scale stuff doesn't need upgrades right out of the gate? They've been beating on and improving them since the 90's. They didn't used to be so good.
That's a big part of it. There are also enough big players in that slice of the market to force everyone to bring their A-game. I've recently acquired a couple Tekno kits, and I'm quite impressed by the fit-and-finish as well as the ease of serviceability. It was sweet to simply put a kit together and have it work without another few hundred bucks of upgrades and a lot of frustration.

Meanwhile, in the scaler world, we've still got axles based upon diffs from a 20-year-old HPI touring car, chassis layouts that occasionally require a half-hour of work just to access the receiver, and $350 kits with molded plastic or pot-metal gears and shocks that are virtually guaranteed to leak before the first pack is dead.
E. Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

I'd like to see a kit without a body, tires and wheels. A good set of links would be a plus. Of course I would expect the price too reflect the absence of these parts. Scale shocks that work and are not just a pogo stick would be nice. Bodies would be nice, but I guaranty the old school stuff I like will never be mass produced.
Jeepiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
That’s a shit excuse. There’s no excuse for some of the crap these companies are still including. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to look at the rest of the industries past and see what works and what doesn’t so you don’t make the same mistakes in which others have learned from. Sure there getting better, but they still keep ****ing up. Hell for example WTF was Traxxas thinking releasing ANYTHING with a plastic servo when metal geared servos are so cheap anymore but yet they still do.

Like said, my Mugen and Associated stuff didn’t need anything out of the box to be able to finish races day in and day out.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:32 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Speaking of servos.... I think most parts of trucks/cars are taken care of. If you are a basher, take a lexan body, if you are a scaler, well hardbody or build your own. There is brushless and brushed motor options, leaf sprung or coil overs for suspension. A transmission forward mounted with a transfer case or plain simple in the middle... you get the idea.
But just this weekend again, I was messing with a chassis mounted servo and getting the steering right and thought: Why does nobody reinvent the way the steering works? It is such a pain to find that correct spot for the bulky servo which has to be attached to servo posts, then to the chassis with a ton of screws. And in the end you end up with mediocre steering angles that EVERYBODY wants to be better.
Why isn't there something like steering by wire for example? Or a real rack and pinion... or at least great steering out of the box? Heck, I am not an engineer, but there must be ways to improve that.
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thats what happens when a crawler company tries to make a go fast rig. You want a yeti that isnt junk then slap its cage on an inferno with a mad force solid rear axle. You'll never have drivetrain problems again.

That's not really valid as a reason. There's no excuse for pot metal, let alone plastic gears. A Yeti uses the front end from a buggy so there's literally no excuse for any of the issues there. It's just poor design and materials. The AR60 has been around for years yet the lock out design which comes loose after a while due to the screw arrangement hasn't been fixed, yet it's so easy to sell it with Vanquish style clamping lockouts or aluminium inserts etc.

Losi even didn't do it properly with the Rock Rey - they should have used the SCTE front end rather than a bespoke diff housing. At least they got the gears themselves right but why on earth didn't they use the centre of the 8ight or SCTE 2.0 I have no idea. The new kit version is three aftermarket parts away from being quite excellent - diffs case, third member and closed cell foam.
mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Better building experience....lets be honest, more people stick with crawlers because they are fun to customize and build.
Give us more options within the kit and make not only the bodies more realistic but also the running gear. How about a metal body, rubber body mounts, spring perches, air filled tires that can be aired down, electronics that dont make weird noises and how about be able to switch between 4lo, 4hi and 2wd.

Last edited by MAGNUMB; 11-21-2017 at 06:14 PM.
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

I would like to see lexan bodies without the bumpers molded into them but molded separately in either lexan or plastic.
SPLATT is offline   Reply With Quote

What would you like to see the manufacturers make available? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions on Parts Manufacturers? Lt. Venom Newbie General 4 02-09-2015 08:43 PM
Question for beadlock manufacturers War Pig Tires and Wheels 2 03-31-2009 12:37 AM
List of manufacturers mmbackpacker Paint and Body 7 07-29-2008 09:50 AM