Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Winch control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2019, 06:19 PM   #1

Default Winch control

Hi guys I have a scx10 hilux had it for years n years finally upgraded the stock radio and esc a quickrun 1080 and a flysky gt3b. Was meant to be hacked but turns out is not anyway bla bla I watched a few vids and have got the winch running perfect using the 3rd channel trim but... when I turn off the power and leave the yeah racing winch control plugged in it acts like a bind plug and unbinds the transmitter:( I have got around this by just plugging it after it's switched on and it's fine but yea odd it will do it with or with out the winch power plugged in.

It's a nice truck have spent years on it built my own panhard/cms setup. Used 4mm stainless steel welding rods for the links lol. Other tricks I've filled the space in axles with lead. Made my own seat out of polystyrene and insulation tape it looks like leather. Have a painted up tamiya man Its a wonderful hobby
Jethro nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2019, 06:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Winch control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro nz View Post
Hi guys I have a scx10 hilux had it for years n years finally upgraded the stock radio and esc a quickrun 1080 and a flysky gt3b. Was meant to be hacked but turns out is not anyway bla bla I watched a few vids and have got the winch running perfect using the 3rd channel trim but... when I turn off the power and leave the yeah racing winch control plugged in it acts like a bind plug and unbinds the transmitter:( I have got around this by just plugging it after it's switched on and it's fine but yea odd it will do it with or with out the winch power plugged in.

It's a nice truck have spent years on it built my own panhard/cms setup. Used 4mm stainless steel welding rods for the links lol. Other tricks I've filled the space in axles with lead. Made my own seat out of polystyrene and insulation tape it looks like leather. Have a painted up tamiya man Its a wonderful hobby
Sounds bad@$$, sucks that the radio is doing that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
brimdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimdogg View Post
Sounds bad@$$, sucks that the radio is doing that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yeah not the end of the world just a tad annoying
How do I post pictures here?
Old 08-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Buy a star or you can use Tapatalk to upload your pics.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Buy a star or you can use Tapatalk to upload your pics.
Broke lol 2many hobbies
Old 08-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro nz View Post
Broke lol 2many hobbies
Tapatalk is free tho
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:19 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

You can still post pictures for free using Tapatalk if they are hosted somewhere else and you post the link in the IMG tags

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:00 PM   #8

Thanks guys yeah I tried tovsort tapatalk but too big of an app for my crappy fone at the moment I busted my good 1 and I'm on a old 1 from the drawer for a bit lol. I'm on a chainsaw forum (arboristsite) and it's very simple to upload pictures so kinda thought it would be a similar deal
Old 08-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #9

you can downlaod the imgur app, upload to that, get an img link and just paste it as an img link.

are you using that yeah racing multifunction winch controller? i'm wondering if playing around with the dip switches does anything. that's so strange, i thought you would have to actually plug into the 'bind' port on the reciever to bind or unbind vs a aux channel.
crick0234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crick0234 View Post
you can downlaod the imgur app, upload to that, get an img link and just paste it as an img link.

are you using that yeah racing multifunction winch controller? i'm wondering if playing around with the dip switches does anything. that's so strange, i thought you would have to actually plug into the 'bind' port on the reciever to bind or unbind vs a aux channel.
Ok I'll give that ago thanks. Umm the 3rd channel is also the bind plug slot in the 3 channel rx and yeah it's the 3 racing winch and the yeah racing controller. I have a 6 channel rx in the post so will see how that goes. The China man says he is very sorry and is sending me a hacked firmware transmitter but I'm not holding my breath. The winch works ok setting the left end point at 20% push the 3rd channel button and it goes out click again and stop and to pull it inwards ya toggle the trim to the right and it comes in pull the trim back and it stops. Really wanted the other channels for lights and perhaps a 2 speed 1 day

Winch control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Winch piggyback control - Cheap, No CH needed / Proportional remote control CRAWLER75 Electronics 9 12-15-2017 06:03 PM
3R winch and control msd44 Scale Accessories 4 05-03-2009 11:42 AM