Check these out from team ottsix

4 options

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2021, 12:31 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Team Ottsix ar44 compatible gears

Ottsix could be getting into "hot water" once again. They problems got into hot water for copying another manufacturers tire. These are a direct copy of the Keyed Gear Sets produced by Boom Racing.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:41 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Ottsix could be getting into "hot water" once again. They problems got into hot water for copying another manufacturers tire. These are a direct copy of the Keyed Gear Sets produced by Boom Racing.

They are probably made by boomracing. All ottsix does is have a chinese company slap their name on parts.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:07 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
They are probably made by boomracing. All ottsix does is have a chinese company slap their name on parts.
You forgot the inane rambling about how his product is the best ever with some half-baked sciencey jargon to back it up.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:42 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty Malach View Post
You forgot the inane rambling about how his product is the best ever with some half-baked sciencey jargon to back it up.
Marketing wank is the term you're looking for.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:18 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Marketing wank is the term you're looking for.
Thank you for my "morning laugh"...gave me a really good chuckle to start my day.

Old 04-30-2021, 07:21 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I'm neither for nor against Ottsix, but I cant help but notice they list 4 different ratio options where previously only 3 have been available. What sort of magic has allowed this? I'm always skeptical of Chinese hypoid headsets, but hopefully these hold up.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatmonkey View Post
I'm neither for nor against Ottsix, but I cant help but notice they list 4 different ratio options where previously only 3 have been available. What sort of magic has allowed this? I'm always skeptical of Chinese hypoid headsets, but hopefully these hold up.
Meh, the new ratio they offer has the least reduction of any AR44 gear set so nothing ground breaking. If they had figured out a 8/36 gear combo, that would be something to get excited about. 4.5:1 in a tiny diff like that would be spectacular
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #9
Slow is the new Fast

Says they are designed to take on the "Toughest Coditions"

So I am guessing they had the Ad banner produced in China as well
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:13 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Actually, the four OttSix gear sets are the EXACT same as the ones offered by Boom Racing. And, again, the design of these 'new' gear sets is a 100% direct (and, possibly, illegal) copy of the Boom Racing gear sets.

Last edited by Panther6834; 11-22-2021 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2021, 10:25 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I've had two sets of these Ottsix gears. The OD and UD, no matter the shimming they are grindy as hell. A friend had a similar experience. The Matt fellow said to run them as is. I passed and went with Vanquish or stock Axial.

Ottsix makes good tires and that is literally it. The foams, shocks, and gears are all laughable IMO.
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:16 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post
I've had two sets of these Ottsix gears. The OD and UD, no matter the shimming they are grindy as hell. A friend had a similar experience. The Matt fellow said to run them as is. I passed and went with Vanquish or stock Axial.

Ottsix makes good tires and that is literally it. The foams, shocks, and gears are all laughable IMO.
I got a set of their Underdrive Gears last week. Couldn't pass up a $30 complete diff. Tired of building $60+ vanquish ones.

They won't even spin inside a Vanquish Pro F9 when you tighten down the bearing retainers. The Ring gear is so tight to the pinion that it just completely seizes. I shimmed one side of the spool to force the ring over, which made room for the gears to spin. That made the assembly too wide to fit into the axle housing. Luckily I had a complete VP underdrive diff in my UMG10 with Chinese KYX portals. I swapped them and both diffs work smoothly now.

In conclusion, Don't buy these ottsix gears unless you're putting them into axles with equally garbage Chinese tolerances.
DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:17 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
I got a set of their Underdrive Gears last week. Couldn't pass up a $30 complete diff. Tired of building $60+ vanquish ones.

They won't even spin inside a Vanquish Pro F9 when you tighten down the bearing retainers. The Ring gear is so tight to the pinion that it just completely seizes. I shimmed one side of the spool to force the ring over, which made room for the gears to spin. That made the assembly too wide to fit into the axle housing. Luckily I had a complete VP underdrive diff in my UMG10 with Chinese KYX portals. I swapped them and both diffs work smoothly now.

In conclusion, Don't buy these ottsix gears unless you're putting them into axles with equally garbage Chinese tolerances.
Welp. At least I know I'm not alone. Mine were also in VP housings. Sad that the stock gearing is smoother than aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
GTSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 12:51 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTSLOW View Post

I had the same thing going on with a ottsix UD set in the rear. I just think there junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndrewRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Team Ottsix ar44 compatible gears - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Strong AR44 gears? ScaleLifeNewbie Axial SCX10 II 11 04-22-2021 08:19 PM
Team Team Ottsix Racing 1.9 Red Compound Tires - Restocked! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 10-23-2019 12:37 PM
Team Ottsix ?? Frank211 General Scale Talk 5 05-17-2018 07:12 AM
Currie F9/AR44 compatible? Crawler550 Axial SCX10 II 3 04-28-2018 01:02 AM