Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TGH Spur locker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #1

Default TGH Spur locker

Has anyone used the TGH Spur locker? I'm building my first gspeed V3 and was aiming it towards a c2 comp rig. I'm using the TGH FMM and transfer case except I've never had an axial 3 gear and so I'm unsure how the sour locker (and Kimbrough 60t 32p spur) are supposed to look when correctly assembled. Also the hole in the spur locker seems to be a little off center.. how much will this matter? If anyone has used the TGH Spur locker could you maybe shed some light on how it's supposed to look or possibly a pic? Thanks much and happy lines

Cook
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2021, 05:08 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: TGH Spur locker

The product page has some pictures. https://www.teamgaragehack.com/colle...gh-spur-locker

I'll check once I get home but for the FFM I believe if you put the spur on one side of the locker the spur clears the (TGH) servo mount and mounting it on the other side does not clear.

My spur gear spins nice and true.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:49 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

With mine I have the shaft portion inserted through the spur gear. The spur gear also has a different offset depending on the side, one side is flat and the other is dished. With mine I have the dished side facing the FMM.
The way its pictured on their product page is not have I have mine installed, my spur gear is flipped to have the dished side on the other side.

You can orient this a number of different ways, as long is it clears and allows you to mesh with the pinion you should be fine.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-29-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-29-2021, 07:02 PM   #4

Thank you humboldt for the pictures i appreciate it! That's how i had mine set up originally but saw something that looked different so I wasn't sure. I started out with the 10.3 kit and then did a 10.2 rails build but used the injora front motor mount just for fun so haven't dealt much with the 3 gear style per se. I did get the calipers out and measured from the inside to the outside of the hole on the shaft part and its about a mil difference so at this point just gonna run it and see what happens. I opted for the GLD servo mount and no the DSM. so far it looks like clearance won't be an issue but will find out
Old 07-29-2021, 07:15 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

That sounds like it could be a manufacturing defect possibly, but When you say a mil do you mean imperial or metric?
Old 07-29-2021, 08:01 PM   #6

I mean Metric. 1 millimeter just about. one side from inside flat surface to outside round is 2.30 and the other is 3.23+. I noticed it by eye at first. I would send it back but they're out of stock everywhere at the moment.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:09 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Thats definitely not normal, a full millimeter is way off. If you're gonna run it be careful setting the gear mesh, rotate it and find the tightest spot when you set the mesh.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:15 PM   #8

I didn't think it was normal. Maybe ill just wait until they come back in stock and pick up another one. until then ill just get some parts and do the axial spur ans slipper pad deal. Thanks for all the help Humboldt

TGH Spur locker - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TGH Restock PSA Topher Builds General Crawlers 4 07-22-2021 12:54 PM
Tgh joined the club tgh117 Vaterra Ascender 19 06-24-2015 08:51 PM