Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Element IFS compatibility question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2022, 05:18 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Element IFS compatibility question

By my understanding, the Element, 10.2 and Trail King are all pretty similar. Does anybody know if they're similar enough that I could mount the Element IFS let to the TK chassis? With or without the 10.2 conversion kit?

My apologies ahead of time if this should be brand specific but I wasn't sure where to put it. I tried to search for topics discussing this compatibility but couldn't find anything

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2022, 05:29 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Element IFS compatibility question

I'm pretty sure the TK motor position would land right where the IFS kit needs to go so I'd wager it wont fit.

If you swapped to a different tranny I'm sure it could work.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 05:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I'm pretty sure the motor position would land right where the IFS kit goes so I'd wager it wont fit. If you swapped to a different tranny I'm sure it could work.
I didn't think about that until just now. Thanks for bringing that up.

I'm mainly curious about the chassis holes and chassis shape though as I might be able to use a shorter motor or relocate the servo if necessary (I could change the transmission but that would eliminate one of the features I want from the TK). But I'm not sure if the TK chassis would be compatible or if it would need a special mounting plate

Old 01-21-2022, 05:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I have both trucks but I posted this while I was at work hoping anyone could offer a definitive answer so I wouldn't have to tear apart my two favorite trucks

Taking a closer look at my Knightrunner, I see the frame rails are very flat in the front compared to the TK/scx10.2 syle chassis. So I imagine I'd need the 10.2 conversion at least. But it appears I could make the TK motor/transmission fit (barely) with slight modification to the E-IFS if I relocate the steering in some way.

The square shows the approximate location of the end of the TK motor relative to the IFS on the KR

Old 01-21-2022, 10:10 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

The way your motor/transmission is set up, ain't gonna fit the IFS. The rest of the chassis, it's possible.

Seeing as they give you almost everything for solid axle front conversion with the KR, can't see parts not swapping out without too much pain to put IFS in another rig (especially seeing as they sell just the IFS).

Still trying to figure out why they only gave most, not all the parts for solid axle conversion in the KR though....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
The way your motor/transmission is set up, ain't gonna fit the IFS. The rest of the chassis, it's possible.

Seeing as they give you almost everything for solid axle front conversion with the KR, can't see parts not swapping out without too much pain to put IFS in another rig (especially seeing as they sell just the IFS).

Still trying to figure out why they only gave most, not all the parts for solid axle conversion in the KR though....

I think, but can't really say until I try it, with the E-IFS servo removed, steering reconfigured and a notch cut forward into the IFS mounting plate it might work.

There's a decent gap between the mounting plate and the differential that's only occupied by the servo and the link to the bell crank. With those out of the way, the motor looks like it could fit in that gap.

Side note: I didn't even notice the KR didn't come with everything for a straight axle conversion. I wanted an IFS specifically so I didn't even look at the included axle parts.

Last edited by smc-93; 01-21-2022 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:13 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I didn't "look" at the parts really, have no real desire to use them. But it came with a bunch of parts I was confused why they were included so I looked at the manual. But then also realized some parts would be missing for that to work. Also came with a dual servo plate I have no clue what its for lol.

tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:01 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
I didn't "look" at the parts really, have no real desire to use them. But it came with a bunch of parts I was confused why they were included so I looked at the manual. But then also realized some parts would be missing for that to work. Also came with a dual servo plate I have no clue what its for lol.

Gotcha.

Well the dual servo plate is so you can install a servo winch after you complete the half straight axle conversion

Element IFS compatibility question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element Enduro IFS MrCataract General Crawlers 2 06-02-2021 07:22 AM
Crazy Question, Will the element IFS kit fit a GS02? mass-hole G-Made Crawlers 4 05-02-2020 04:59 PM