Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bronco IFS?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2022, 07:45 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Bronco IFS?

Tossing around an idea for a scale IFS for the new Bronco using a touring car front end. I have seen the Element IFS but I haven't found anything else, that I think would work. Has anyone done this or have some other options?
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2022, 08:28 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bronco IFS?

the eliment ifs will bolt on to the scx10 chassie a touring car is gona be hard to match the gearing and wont bolt in to the chassie
can it be done im sure it can but why reinvent the wheel

just to screw you up axial dose make a front diff with open diff or locked that uses the same gears and the rear end so there wont be any gearing issues there made for the exo and the yeti but these wont be bolt in

also redcat blackout uses almost the same gear ratio same as the axial underdrive gears so there diff would work too thatz what i used when building a ifs set up for one of my rigs
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 11:00 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

There is a Chinese made IFS kit for axial, I can't find the link atm but one of the fb group pages I'm on someone shared a link. Doesn't look too bad either, all aluminum pretty much from what I can remeber.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 04:27 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I started to do this for a F150 I was building. HPI RS4 diff has same gear ratio as either the axial diffs or wheely king I can't remember. 38\13 is what comes to mind, I bought the uprights and the diff and never used it beyond mock up. If it would be of interest to you PM me and I'll try to dig it out.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
I started to do this for a F150 I was building. HPI RS4 diff has same gear ratio as either the axial diffs or wheely king I can't remember. 38\13 is what comes to mind, I bought the uprights and the diff and never used it beyond mock up. If it would be of interest to you PM me and I'll try to dig it out.
I'll help, been building with these for a while Sadly, my pics are long gone.

HPI Nitro RS4, Super Nitro Rally, and MT/MT2 uses the same diff internals as SCX10 V1 axles. Both can be built with OD/UD options, with diffs or lockers. Wheely King axles use the same internals as well, though they are a bit wide.

Some of these are getting hard to find, and there's a lot of custom fab work involved. Far, Far easier using the Element platform to get started. I enjoy the fab work myself, but donor RS4's are getting pretty thin.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:54 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

There is also the HSP vehicles that use the same ring and pinion as HPI/AXIAL vehicles do. They have a sedan, and buggy. On ebay or aliexpress I've found a complete front or rear end.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtDbQ0k

Last edited by Gula; 09-19-2022 at 01:45 PM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:38 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Wow! There's a lot of great info here. I'm gonna see what I can come up with. I'll post when I get something to show. Gotta do some more research with all your info...thank you all.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote

Bronco IFS? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enduro IFS perfect platform, but we wont get a licensed new bronco. Shinchu Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 3 07-15-2020 07:22 PM
'73 Bronco IFS U4 built Axial tuff with Traxxas stuff dna4engr 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 08-04-2015 12:02 PM