Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Scx10 pro Fwd only

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2023, 04:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Scx10 pro Fwd only

Got my scx10 pro finished up today and took it out in the wet n snow for its first test run and it seems to be only the front axl3 turning. For a split couple seconds the rear will start to turn then not. Figured I'd ask where the most obvious place to start is while I'm waiting for it to dry off.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
TIREBUSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2023, 05:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Scx10 pro Fwd only

Does the SCX Pro have dig? If so, that'd be my first check considering the rear is trying to get power to the ground. Dig boxes often have a neutral range they can accidentally (or sometimes intentionally) slip into.

That sounds like it may be what has happened.
Fallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 05:06 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
Does the SCX Pro have dig? If so, that'd be my first check considering the rear is trying to get power to the ground. Dig boxes often have a neutral range they can accidentally (or sometimes intentionally) slip into.

You know what, you are probably 100% correct. It has the micro servo or manual change option for the dig and I did a servo but the wire was to short to reach the reciever so its not plugged in. I'm guessing maybe it's sitting in that neutral range

Old 11-23-2023, 05:09 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen View Post

No dig originally, though I designed a dig unit that can replace one of the gear sets. It comes with selectable underdrive and it is possible to set the rear in neutral if the shift selector is not all the way forward or back.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 05:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
No dig originally, though I designed a dig unit that can replace one of the gear sets. It comes with selectable underdrive and it is possible to set the rear in neutral if the shift selector is not all the way forward or back.
I lied, you are correct sir. No dig just underdrive. I had in my head it was dig. I may move my receiver so the servo will reach and see if that fixes it. Any suggestions on battery placement? I hate it sitting on the left slider like it is.

Old 11-23-2023, 06:58 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Mine is still on the left slider and it's been fine. I've seen a carbon plate to mount the battery over the motor, or in the front where the servo mounts for cms.i prefer the weight low vs having it centered and high.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 07:44 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
Mine is still on the left slider and it's been fine. I've seen a carbon plate to mount the battery over the motor, or in the front where the servo mounts for cms.i prefer the weight low vs having it centered and high.
It could just be that I run my suspension on the softer side so it likes to lean to the left fairly decent.

Old 11-28-2023, 02:52 PM   #8
ero
Rock Stacker

Is your od servo setup on a 3 position switch?
ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 03:00 PM   #9
ero
Rock Stacker

Reread your thread. No servo hooked up. What's happening is the shift rod isn't getting locked into gear, so the front will drive only. You need to either lock it out or hook up your servo
ero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 03:57 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Have you tested moving around the overdrive shift rod? Maybe you're stuck between 1:1 and OD? until you get your servo hooked up try the manual lockout. You could also get a servo wire extension to solve it being too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIREBUSTER View Post
Any suggestions on battery placement? I hate it sitting on the left slider like it is.
What size battery are you using? Being a comp truck its really best suited for a tiny battery (600-850 mah). With a tiny battery its easier to move it around and should effect the suspension much less as well.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 04:16 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero View Post
Reread your thread. No servo hooked up. What's happening is the shift rod isn't getting locked into gear, so the front will drive only. You need to either lock it out or hook up your servo
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Have you tested moving around the overdrive shift rod? Maybe you're stuck between 1:1 and OD? until you get your servo hooked up try the manual lockout. You could also get a servo wire extension to solve it being too short.

What size battery are you using? Being a comp truck its really best suited for a tiny battery (600-850 mah). With a tiny battery its easier to move it around and should effect the suspension much less as well.
I haven't tried moving it around at all being as we have a foot of snow so its not like I can do much right now. But I did order an extension that I believe showed yesterday at my work so I'll hook it up tomorrow and I'd imagine that will solve it.

And yes it's a full size battery so it's definitely heavy for being on one side haha but I'm not going to worry to much about it being as I'm actually trying to sell it now since I gave in and ordered an scx6!

Scx10 pro Fwd only - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Honcho "issues" with fwd/rev rcnewbie11 Axial SCX-10 1 11-06-2016 11:21 AM
tamiya fwd cars? adamargue Rally 15 01-21-2015 09:22 AM
My FWD Dragster jwalker Non Crawler RC's 22 05-02-2012 07:54 PM
CC running FWD LR3 Tamiya XC/CC01 17 06-28-2010 03:51 PM
Dig ?, 4wd-fwd-brake Or 4wd-fwd Only ? twisted General Crawlers 2 01-12-2008 02:26 PM