Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Ball end ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2005, 10:47 PM   #21
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaLips
I know a lot of people are ripping on Traxxas, and i undertsnad, the T/E Rod ends are wimpy. Thats why i got some Revo's, tapped them out to 8/32, and out threaded rod all the way through my links, they are flippin strong. Does anyone on here run 8/32 Inch rods?
No,I'll be running 10-24
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Were can i get the kyosho ends?
Crawler80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
yeah Kyosho makes a big one also. I think a few guys run them. Not sure who did the posts, but steve or dave( i think it was Dave) done a post about all the rod ends and size and pricewise
That would be me...
CHEAP METAL ROD END BIBLE
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #24
sim
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Jeremy-yeah,the 1:1 scale heims on my Twin are a bit overkill but what the hell My Twin will stay as is,well maybe,I can't decide to either use my Twin axles or hybrid maxx axles like yours for my WCBO rig. Which ever gets used,the other will go under my Twins chassis. I like my tube chassis and the 1:1 scale heims to much to just scrap it.

I was just razzin about the Dubro ends,I know their pretty beefy if they'll stand up to you and Dave. These particular ends I'm refering to ARE 1:8 scale and are SUPER beefy. I found them on the net at a RC suppliers web site. Yeah,you do get what you pay for,TraxASS ends are TRASH............IMHO. I'd better hope these ends I'm gonna use will live up to their apperence and be SUPER BEEFY,the darn things cost me a little over $60. It's a shame to spend that much on parts and it won't even fill up a half a hand full of parts. They'd better hold up.

I'm not sure about the negative feedback about the 6.8 Kyosho's. I used them on my sons Twin and they are pretty dang beefy. After we finished his Twin I wanted to see if it would handle decent at speed. I took the GD600 and Lathe motor out,barrowed a race motor from the owner of the LHS I go to,gear'd it up pretty high and run it. I can't remember the # of turns the motor was but I was running a 19 tooth pinion and a 50 tooth spur for gears. Let me tell ya,that little sucker would scream. I was running full speed DOWN the bank in my back yard and hit a little jump. She landed a little sideways and ended up doing about 40 end over end and barrel rolls. Didn't count excatly but it had to be close to,if not more than 40. I know it was only one crash but DAMN,it was ONE hell of a crash. Not a single one of the Kyosho ends failed,if they'll hold up to this,they are damn good in my book.
I'm a newbie but here's what I think... the soft materials like nylon resists sudden impacts like crashes better than metal but for when links lock up, and the rod ends are slowly being forced out of shape, the metal rod ends should hold out much longer than the impact resistant stuff.
sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:21 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

I run a mix of ballends on my Maxx truck. BFT ballends and Losi LST ballends. I use the BFT ballends for all my upper links, they are more compact and move very smooth...plus they are strong. The Losi LST ends are huge. Much larger than the Kyosho ends and they are just tough IMO. I use 8/32" threaded rod for mounting the ends to the links.

Also the LST ballends were fairly cheap when compared to the price of BFT ballends.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:59 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Are these what you guys are running? Or the 4/40's

Dubro Monster ball ends.
Esteban86K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I use the kyosho 6.8 ball ends.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXT404&P=7

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXT401&P=V
killertxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #28
sim
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban86K5
Are these what you guys are running? Or the 4/40's

Dubro Monster ball ends.
I think the dubros they're talking about are made of metal
Old 05-10-2005, 09:20 PM   #29
sim
Quarry Creeper

Ok not sure if these have been asked before, but I looked and got hopelessly lost in Dave's monster ball end thread...

What rod size do I use on the Kyosho 6.8mm rod ends, and what screw size do I put to go through the Kyosho 6.8mm balls if I use those? I see lots of ball joints on the trucks here but not many using those captured balls. Is this because of articulation?

I've pretty much decided on the Kyosho 6.8 rod ends (can't find anything better) so what should I put in them? Balls + screws, or ball joints? If ball joints, what brands are available?

Thanks