Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Integy MSR10 Shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #21
RCC Addict

ok, so integy makes quite a bit of "bling" for all types of racing. They should of put some more time in these, but they might be just a set up issue.... At our last comp i saw two of my good friends that ran them w/ droop up front and sprung in the rear. Out of the three courses that were lined out, there suspension prevailed. 4th went to one of them and the other said they work perfect! just my .2
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

I have seen these in a droop setup used with no oil. They seemed to work really well. Im not sure how they work but even without oil they still have a good dampening effect. They will float a tire easily over an obstacle.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #23

I've heard mixed reviews on these shocks.
Maybe it depends on how you set them up.
I have been hesitant to try them but I may grab a set and see if I can get them to work.
Takoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Im running a set sprung. Got them for SUPER cheap here in the classifieds. Never woulda paid the retail for these. When I got them I dumped the oil that was in them and put the hard stock springs in for a sprung shock. Slapped them on my comp rig and they're awesome. Basically just enough oil for lube and the hard springs was perfect. My truck is pretty heavy so the stock springs might not work for everybody. These shocks certainly need a good tune. Not like any other shock Ive dealt with. They shouldnt work this good or be this smooth with no oil. Crazy....
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupacabra View Post
Im running a set sprung. Got them for SUPER cheap here in the classifieds. Never woulda paid the retail for these. When I got them I dumped the oil that was in them and put the hard stock springs in for a sprung shock. Slapped them on my comp rig and they're awesome. Basically just enough oil for lube and the hard springs was perfect. My truck is pretty heavy so the stock springs might not work for everybody. These shocks certainly need a good tune. Not like any other shock Ive dealt with. They shouldnt work this good or be this smooth with no oil. Crazy....
Good info here, Ill pass this on. Thank you
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:34 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Ok, thanks guys. A little hope there...

I had been thinking of ways, taking what everyone said into account, and thought if all else fails, getting a bunch of airplane fuel nipples and hooking them up to a central volume chamber, like the shock on the back of the SuperChamp, from way back. Even a length of fuel tube might have enough stretch to act as a volume compensator.
Badmuthatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #27

Talking

I just went straight to integy with the set up problem it seems they intended them to be a droop set up
also came out with these http://integy.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/s...=5412&p_catid=
different pistons and foam pads that go into them when assembled the should not extend at all . they work very well when set up as they were intended
they do not work so well with springs installed in them, i tried it just for kicks
i have been running them for a while now and they work very well .
the only way you will regret buying these are if you want the sprung look.
if you run them with no springs full droop - on the scorpion also use the longer lower links that come in the shock kit, they give you the clearance .
all in all great shocks.
saltek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Thanks a ton for that!.

Mine arrived, and I'm currently giving the seals a bath in some shock oil.

I'm well impressed with the build quality, the nice delrin shaft guide and all that. Was thinking it's a shame they suck in practise!.

Well, I'll order those parts, because I want to run mine springer front, droop rear, and that'll let me do it, but since it's a new chassis (4th made) I have no idea what it'll do.
Badmuthatrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #29

I know this is an old post but i want to say something about it..

My Axial came withl this shocks installed and I'm having much problems set them up.. so i did this..

1.- I just put Little oil from Ofna "100" just before oil covers spring

2.- Change soft spring and remove hard one

3,. Remove 2 holes pistons and put three holes pistons

And it seems that this working fine.. Not as the original one, but sufficient
GuAnAtoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

have these gotten any better?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #31

I Just picked a set of these things up at a Comp for 27 bucks pretty much a steal. I want to run these in full droop on my rig. I just need to know how you guys are doing this. Do you have to buy the 6 dollar rebuild kit with the new pistons and foams or what. Please help me out
dudleydoright15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Red face

i have these shocks, and was considering having all the shocks connected with one another. kind of like a piggy back setup, but instead if a resevour, having the oil connect at an X. would this help with the hydrolock, if setup properly?

any input on my idea?
BuzzKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Mine(all 4) leaked with any oil weight.

I ran my truck a few packs in doors in clean setting and one pack out at bear mountain. They slowly leaked and i would constantly wiped them down(all 4)

My fix was to mount them upside down and they work fine with no more leaks.

On the plus side, their weight is now closer to the center of gravity.

I thought that it was a bad o-ring but that made no sense since all four were leaky.

I guess they are intended to work that way.

As of last night i built the axial shocks that came in the kit(never used them) and replaced the Integys.

The springs are stiff but with the 30wt the shocks move quickly. The truck seems to have more body roll now but reacts quicker. The Integys worked slowly, smoothly, and with much less body roll.

I think im going to change the oil to a 50wt on the axials and keep them on.
Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Default I tried to like them real bad!

I tried everything to like these shocks and I just can't get my arms around them. They came with my truck but they are so stiff they just seam to slow to respond to the demands of rc crawling in my opinion. They are also extremely extreme to setup. Just went back to the stock shocks so lets see how the torque twist is now.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 04:01 AM   #35

Default Re: Integy MSR10 Shocks

Hello, and thanks to everyone for the info on these. I ended up with a set of these that came on a Gmade R1. The guy said he had them set up for Droop. Being fairly new to crawling I didn't fully understo what he was talking about and I went on my way. I ended up trying to tune these like I did when I put together a set of Gmade G-Transitions. Now I know I suck at working with shocks. But I can't figure these out... My R1 might as well be a low rider with hydrolics with the bounce it has. I gave up on them and ended up with another Integy set. This time it was "Billet Machined Shock Set (4) for SCX-10 Dingo, Honcho & Jeep (L=105mm) (INT C25708RED)".. They came assembled with no oil. They make a lot of noise and are very(well for lack of better words)Springy. I decided that I would try filling them with oil, that was a no go. Then I tried with just enought to live every up, and that didn't even quite them down. I am really not liking these at all. I loved my Gmade internal spring shocks. Why is this so difficult it's very discouraging to someone just starting to learn. I think I'm calling Integy. Can't take them back to the RC shop they have a no refund policy.
Any suggestions on a decent set of shocks that easier to work with for a beginner? HA even better a set that comes built and ready to go without the headache?
Trindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 04:34 PM   #36

Default Re: Integy MSR10 Shocks

Is there really any advantage to running internal springs? Maybd so tires dont contact them??

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote