Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: RC4WD's new v8 motor and transmission

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #21
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Default Re: RC4WD's new v8 motor and transmission

if RC4WD doesnt, im sure some of our tube builder vendors could offer headers for these.
you cant have a motor like that with no exhaust.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Please any colour rather than Orange.
Dready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:23 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
When ya stick a manifold or headers on, who the heck is going to notice the ports are wrong? lol

L.R.

The headers reflect the two ports in the middle. As will a exhaust manifold. So it's clear as day to me, and the rest of us who were 1:1 car/truck guys first. I'm waiting on my TF2 to show up so I can put my 350 hardbody on. As cool as this is, my Ford will not have a chev power plant.
twofastoocatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dready View Post
Please any colour rather than Orange.
They are limited to anodizing due to not being able to PC with the details and holes.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:25 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofastoocatch View Post
The headers reflect the two ports in the middle. As will a exhaust manifold. So it's clear as day to me, and the rest of us who were 1:1 car/truck guys first. I'm waiting on my TF2 to show up so I can put my 350 hardbody on. As cool as this is, my Ford will not have a chev power plant.
nice. I am telling you that unless you have some kick ass machining equipment to make "stupid scale" header flanges, AND some one has a magnifying glass to look at it, NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW.

Clearly I am not a 1:1 truck guy and just a modeler. I have been asking and waiting for something that is more scale than the original motor & tranny that rc4wd released and this fits the bill quite well based on the few images I have seen so far.

pre orders? Release date?

L.R.
LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:40 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Very nice!!! I'm wondering the same thing though. Will the transmission mate to the transfer case. I'm already scouting out 1/10 scale distributors etc.
tokdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:57 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
nice. I am telling you that unless you have some kick ass machining equipment to make "stupid scale" header flanges, AND some one has a magnifying glass to look at it, NO ONE IS GOING TO KNOW.

Clearly I am not a 1:1 truck guy and just a modeler. I have been asking and waiting for something that is more scale than the original motor & tranny that rc4wd released and this fits the bill quite well based on the few images I have seen so far.

pre orders? Release date?

L.R.

It's a dead give away. Everyone who is into scale, or 1:1 will tell you that are small block chev headers,
And are small block ford. The headers are visible from both the top and bottom, meaning it will only take a moment for anyone to tell what it was based off. Call me out or overly picky if you want, but at the end of the day, isn't a SCALE DETAIL all we're after here? So wouldn't you want your scale truck to have the correct scale engine? Especially when it's something as brutally obvious as headers/exhaust ports. I could live with the distributor at the back, could have made it look like an old hemi, but not with that spacing on the exhaust ports.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofastoocatch View Post
It's a dead give away. Everyone who is into scale, or 1:1 will tell you that are small block chev headers,
And are small block ford. The headers are visible from both the top and bottom, meaning it will only take a moment for anyone to tell what it was based off. Call me out or overly picky if you want, but at the end of the day, isn't a SCALE DETAIL all we're after here? So wouldn't you want your scale truck to have the correct scale engine? Especially when it's something as brutally obvious as headers/exhaust ports. I could live with the distributor at the back, could have made it look like an old hemi, but not with that spacing on the exhaust ports.

Going to have to agree here. I've built SBC and SBF's in my day. (Big fan of the 289 sbf by the way). Anyone who knows their way around the two types can easily tell which is which with a very quick glance. However, quite a few do not know the difference and would just be happy to have a scale "engine" no matter what the brand. It's all in preference to be honest, it's just to bad our options are limited right now. But on the same note. We do have companies like RC4WD that are making outstanding progress with such phenomenal, scale looking parts such as these. And who's to say they will stop here, they may eventually make a head for this block that will accommodate the SBF short or long tubes.

Personally I'd like to keep my TF2 as close to the orig. Toyota as possible and see an early model R22 stuffed under the hood of my truck ;)

Last edited by tokdl; 08-27-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:08 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

HEADERS, scroll down a bit and look on the left side.....Never mind the link heading

B4 Electric Sprint Car Conversion

I have a set coming my way
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Easy "fix" for the headers. Make a generic flange, then braze/glue the center pipes to match a ferd pattern. The distributor will also have to moved up front to make it look like a SBF.

I'm interested in knowing the details inside of the "transmission" on this model. Is there a gear reduction? Is there going to be a bolt on t-case ( maybe the one from the Yeti)? Very nice looking model.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

BigSki, you can't just do that! It's not "scale" enough!

L.R.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

I saw this and had it in my hand! it is a well engineered and beautiful work of FINE ART! I will have one for a International Scout Project...!!!!
YES SIR IN DEED!!!!!
lappdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Price and release date please.
And this thing would look great in my stepside clod.
hotrodsonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokdl View Post
Going to have to agree here. I've built SBC and SBF's in my day. (Big fan of the 289 sbf by the way). Anyone who knows their way around the two types can easily tell which is which with a very quick glance. However, quite a few do not know the difference and would just be happy to have a scale "engine" no matter what the brand. It's all in preference to be honest, it's just to bad our options are limited right now. But on the same note. We do have companies like RC4WD that are making outstanding progress with such phenomenal, scale looking parts such as these. And who's to say they will stop here, they may eventually make a head for this block that will accommodate the SBF short or long tubes.

Personally I'd like to keep my TF2 as close to the orig. Toyota as possible and see an early model R22 stuffed under the hood of my truck ;)

THIS. I'm not trying to take away from this product. I'm just saying its not for me, and that it is something people will notice. If it were evenly spaced ports with the distributor at the front, I would be screaming "TAKE MY MONEY".
Old 08-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lappdogg View Post
I saw this and had it in my hand! it is a well engineered and beautiful work of FINE ART!
Thanks
Katan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

Thinking this is what they will adapt to the new assembly instead of the existing transfer case in the TF2? Maybe?
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

No, it will use the existing Hammer or Triton tcase.
Katan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

But it will bolt up like that correct??????

I sure hope this is a married transmission/t-case!!!!!
Old 08-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Just a little info...

It will be a drop in for the TF2...
I'm glad it will work with the TF2, but that means I'll have to change out my Toyota body for a Clod.

Someone make a 4 banger!
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #40
Kel

I was seriously thinking about doing a nitro crawler build... but this is pretty much just as good now lol
Kel is offline   Reply With Quote

RC4WD's new v8 motor and transmission - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC4WD R2 Transmission/Motor Combo CruisinMT General Scale Talk 12 03-07-2012 06:16 PM