Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: InjoraRC nylon roll cage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2021, 04:19 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: InjoraRC nylon roll cage

Well, I don't want to turn this into a build thread, nor do I think this rig will be worthy of a thread. Unless the op would prefer me not to, I'll just share build progress here.

Electronics tray. I wanted to put the battery under the hood, but they didn't quite fit. Esc and receiver fit perfect.

bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2021, 08:34 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I've been slowly chipping away at this thing. I think I'll make the upper links a little longer, but its not bad where it's at. Scaler shocks like like they'll work, but I might need some softer springs. This link setup is really tight, but I cycled the suspension and everything clears.

Old 05-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

I knocked out the rest of this build today. I basically need to connect the servo and it's drivable. I've got an upgraded servo coming for another car so this one will get the scraps again. Aside from that, and probably some softer springs on the shocks it'll just be tweaking and running to make it work well. I also do tired of looking at the green, and didn't feel like painting so I "wrapped" the panels with some stickers I had laying around.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:19 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I'm still really pleased with this chassis. For the price it's a very good piece.

I started swapping a set of ar60 axles in (rear housing is installed so far). Due to the link locations I have to run the diffs on the opposite side from the trans output so the driveshafts clear. It's a little goofy, but everything should clear and no binding.

I also made link risers to add some vertical separation at the chassis. The rear is in the lower position on the riser in the side shot. The front is in the standard location on the chassis.

Old 05-22-2021, 12:25 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Nicely done!

Still not sure what axles will end up on mine...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:23 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

I finished the ar60 swap. I had to wait until a few parts i was missing to complete the axles arrived.

The driveline looks a little goofy running the diffs opposite the trans output, but it all runs smooth. I still had to bend the upper links to clear the driveshaft. It touches the link right at full compression. Clears during flex.

It's pretty much complete now. I just want to get some knuckles so I can max out the steering.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:12 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Ha, I was thinking about that cage for a long time and do the same thing. Either ar60s or Gmade axles I still had.
Ended up going a different route: Gmade R1 cage with some Asian portal axles on 1.9s. Oddly became my favorite crawler.
I assume soy don’t have much room in yours either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:13 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxman View Post
Ha, I was thinking about that cage for a long time and do the same thing. Either ar60s or Gmade axles I still had.
Ended up going a different route: Gmade R1 cage with some Asian portal axles on 1.9s. Oddly became my favorite crawler.
I assume soy don’t have much room in yours either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's really not terrible for packaging. The only thing I don't care for is the battery location. I tried to stick it under the hood but my 3s 1500mah was just a little too big and I don't really feel like downsizing from that. There's not any leftover space for sure, but it was pretty easy to fit together. Even with the battery in the rear tray it works very well.

Yours looks sweet. I dig the little motor in the back. Looks old school Campbell.

I need to make some aluminum panels as well. The stock ones on this chassis fit well, but makes it a pain to work on. They screw on from the inside so you have to take the whole thing apart just about to work on it. At least with the link risers I do.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:25 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

And here I am sitting on a Gmade R1 kit waiting for time to build it..... LOL. I guess this would be good for a second cage to build a custom rig out of.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 12:28 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

I made a little box out of sheet metal - and covered it with that motor. It easily holds a 1300mah 3s. I sure didn't find a lower spot on it.
And another box for the esc (HW1080 was low enough) in the front.
Seems like that should work in that Injora cage as well?

On a side note: The worst about the R1 is the panels attaching with a phillips screw and nut behind the cage. No threaded holes... impossible to access - at least on mine. Have to ip tie them every time - LOL

Name:  IMG_9293.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  124.2 KB

Name:  IMG_9294.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  86.0 KB
fxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:28 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

A few updates on my crawler. Aluminum panels on the sides, and stainless links for the lowers. I flipped the battery tray so the battery mounts on the bottom now. Not a huge difference, but lower for sure.

Old 06-27-2021, 03:22 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

I designed and printed a new battery tray. Made it to properly fit the smaller 1500mah pack I run in my crawlers, and mounted as low as possible.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:53 AM   #33
Rock Stacker

Hi all, just finished my build and a vid of my crawler. Moved battery tray using an axial brace up front. For the $$ I paid for the cage, I’d say it was a good purchase.

https://youtu.be/_u6BMrVnYTk
Attached Images

Last edited by Rcing4life; 06-28-2021 at 09:56 AM.
Rcing4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 08:14 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Messed around with this crawler again over the weekend. I decided since this trans was upgraded to take some decent power I'd switch it up into more of a rock racer.

I drew up and printed a new skid plate with the intention of trying some bomber trailing arms. Unfortunately the belly is a bit narrow to work with the trailing arms on the ar60 axles, but I still like the skid so I'm running it. The main change was in the power dept. I dropped in a spare 10bl120 esc and a 3100kv motor I had in the tool box.

So far I've only done a quick test, but it all works and is pretty quick on 3s. Still has enough torque to crawl well, but the drag brake will be lacking. It's set at 40% currently and it already lifts the rear tires if I let off at speed. It'll be fun when I want a bit more than just crawling.

Old 09-10-2021, 02:21 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Well, the rear driveshaft did not like the new power I installed. Blew the e10 shaft apart testing in my driveway. I dug up an Axial shaft that I got with my bomber and installed that. It lasted until I blipped the throttle a bit trying to bounce over a log in the trail. Instant front wheel drive.

I ordered up some mip shafts and got those installed this week. With the smaller diameter on the mip shafts, and a little adjustment on my upper link mounts, I was able to flip the axles back to their normal orientation. No more crossed up drivelines. Should handle the power just fine now.

It's tight, but everything clears

InjoraRC nylon roll cage - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bending a nylon roll cage? TITANIUM94010 General Crawlers 5 12-02-2020 03:35 PM
Pondering Nylon Cage Build - Any Thoughts? Tralfaz Blecht Paint and Body 13 05-05-2018 05:51 AM
Wraith cage from scratch - tube frame top vs roll cage top? phillyb Axial Wraith 3 12-20-2013 06:50 PM
Roll Cage/Exo Cage? ZackMicF Paint and Body 6 07-04-2012 06:19 AM
Nylon tubing and roll cage/bending RickM Paint and Body 6 02-24-2010 12:03 PM