Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: Aftermarket bodies / Upgrades.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2018, 02:27 PM   #1

Default Aftermarket bodies / Upgrades.

What have you guys done as far as aftermarket bodies go for the HPI venture?
I currently have the sandstorm variant and I'm in a little bit of a pickle as far as what I wanna do body wise.

Part of me wants to build the FJ Body, 3M Vinyl wrap it, Get the RC4WD Front bumper add a winch to it. Add some sort of RED LED's behind the FJ cutout and waterproof it. Get the scalerfab side's and a rear metal bumper. Mount my light bar properly, get running lights etc.

But part of me also wants to get an aftermarket body like a silverado or something. what fits so far for you? or what have you tried?

I'm debating whether or not I want to fully build the HPI venture. Out of the box I think it's a bit of a let down compared to the Axial SCX10 2. All the electronics have failed me completely. Currently I've done a spektrum dx5c, Axial ESC, 20 AMP Castle creations BEC, Axial 27T motor, Savox servo with aluminum horn and hot racing link set and duratrax deep woods CR 1.9's. My overall goal is to replace all the plastic parts and build so I can eventually run 2.2's reliably.

Do you think I should go all out with Metal portal axles / promodeler servo / metal driveshafts. (Do they even make any for our truck?) My concern is the aftermarket limitations as well. I may either fully build the HPI venture or get the cross rc demon sg4c as a winter project.
Pythonmsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Aftermarket bodies / Upgrades. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
aftermarket upgrades for axial trucks Dparker818 General Crawlers 8 11-22-2013 02:54 PM
Aftermarket Axial bodies? Canadian GP Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 03-17-2009 06:43 PM
Aftermarket link upgrades smokeater87 Duratrax Cliff Climber 9 12-16-2008 10:11 AM
Best fit aftermarket bodies? Damage General Crawlers 10 04-28-2006 04:22 PM