Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > HPI Venture

Notices

Thread: Rotn’s venture.....first post and built in 8 years

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2019, 11:17 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Rotn’s venture.....first post and built in 8 years

So, how’s it going guys. I used to be very active in scale building, way back circa 2007-2012 under the name Yota_Runner and about 2012 I purged all my stuff, except some Collectible tamiya stuff. Back when the Bb51 chassis, on tlts was all the rage. About a year ago I got a hair up my ass and got into doing scale trophy trucks. Then I moved 2 weeks ago and decided to get back into crawlers with the time off I’m taking so I picked up an HPI Venture rtr used for 200 bucks off fb market in Reno last Wednesday , and here’s what I’ve gotten done in 5 days of owning this thing.
Here it is stock, and some bumper and shitty 3d printed mount with brass weights that the p/o had installed. I had the krawlers already as mock ups for trophy stuff I was doing prior. first thing I did was 86 that mount, it was cracked. And got soft from body heat-terrible 3d jobber. New mount is some sheet metal I bent up and welded into a box, and a drilled an tapped aluminum rod at Panhard crossmember.I just built did simple sliders and a stinger. 3/16 solid rod, mig tacked then brazed to hide my laziness of not fish mouthing any of this. not being a big fj fan, and this body was beat to total shit I opted to paint a 91 runner, attempted to do a sun faded look but failed, not a terrible result none the less. It’s house of kolor candy wine backed with heavy metallic silver too make it spot through. next I threw some g transitions on it from an old r1 I have shelved, and that really gave it some flex. here’s the bumper section finished out the day after doing the body. and that being us to about 2 hours ago, got the partial exo tying bumper to sliders done, primed and painted it all, some new beadlocks too boot. More updates as I continue building. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RotnWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Rotn’s venture.....first post and built in 8 years - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axles .. Post pics of your built axles Purptr8r General Crawlers 162 06-02-2018 07:34 PM
Chassis ... Post pics of your chassis's built or unbuilt dasco General Crawlers 39 02-14-2017 02:42 PM
Post PIC's of your "home Built" Chassis. chris w General Crawlers 8 01-04-2010 04:07 AM