Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: F150 Wheely King

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRummy View Post
wow that track width looks wide! I never payed attention to it on my WK. Maybe its because your body sits lower.

Looks killer!
The HPI spike rims have a little bit more of an offset than the stock WK rims. It helps with the wheel/body clearance under flex.
kdubb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2007, 10:32 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIA's Dad View Post
Kdubb88, Nice truck!!! I like the servo mount being different. I was concerned about the battery pack riding back into the motor area when both front shocks compressed as in a drop or fall. But looks like there is room. What's it like on a side angle with the battery and motor that high. COG? Any problems rolling over. Also 4oz. of #8 plastic beads helps fill the tires and slows side wall rollover. Also helps COG. Still a very nice rig

I know you can not tell much from this photo, but it wasn't long before it tumbled over. (might of had something to do with the drop off) I did notice that the COG is decent if I can keep the wheel speed down (crawl'in). Under full compression and giving it throttle on any type of decent side angle, I can get it to tip, but not roll. I think it could use some stiffer springs and lowering the COG can hurt. The suspension seems snappy. It is running about half droop. I did not notice very much side wall rollover. I did not use the talked about star cut n the foams, I just shaved them down about a 1/3rd.

A burp of the throttle, pushed it over on this one.

kdubb88 is offline   Reply With Quote