Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: May 2009 SRCC Meeting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 08:26 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

What comp are you wanting to discuss this at? from the sound of it there isnt going to be,but 3-4 people at the horseshoe bend comp.This decision should be up to our club not to anyone else.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 AM   #22

money from previous comps have gone towards trophys and for paying for the club camp sights at the city of rocks. so there are still going to be trophys. and we are still going to be takeing beat money for anyone who wants to take part in a pot at the city of rocks comp. but if they don;t want to pay they don;t have to.. I myself am still going to put my money in the pot hopeing to win. money to me makes it fun. some people it dosen;t so they will have the option of both.. Also. If we charge for a comp. we should have permits to hold comps and also insurance. even if its on public land. So by haveing it be free. there is no worrys. and freindly beats still add the fun of money... scoutmandan. useing andrews account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4life View Post
so i noticed that we went aginst the meeting on sunday about leaving the city of rocks comp a pay comp. and making the rest of them from here on out free.I think we are screwing up there.People have posted in about the pay and we told them that it is for the pay out to the top three winners in each class, so they are expecting that and now its changed to free . kinda makes us look like we dont have any organization or know what we are doing.So what do you plan on giving the winners in place of the pay out. is the club going to front the money for trophys or is it just going to be a slap on the back "hey good job you won the comp."I know it sounds like it is all about winning money,but thats not my point.People go to much bigger comps.such as WCC and pay $75 or more to enter and they are bitching about $10.We are trying to make this a big comp. and get people to travel here from other states and what not,but you expect the winners to walk away empty handed except braging rights.kinda makes it not worth people spending the money to travel that far if they have nothing to look forward to posibly winning.My point is that we need to do or get something for the 1st-3rd place winners if we are letting everyone enter for free.I can understand having free comps locally, but when we are having a multi state comp we need to make it worth the peoples time and expenses to attend them and also make them want to attend.If you disagree with this speak your mind and let me know your thoughts on this.
patchettdestruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

I agree with chevy on this one, we have already told people that are going to be travling that there is going to be a cash pay out. To change it now we are ether going to have everyone back out or there gonna be pissed when they get there. I thought this is why we had the meeting to talk about it and this is not what the people that showed up decided. Its whatever to me ill be there ether way.
noob2crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

I dont understand the insurance and permit thing . We have had several comps and no insurance that I know of so why do we need it for this one?If my crawler breaks is the club going to pay to have it repaired? Also from what you have said in your post you are for the money,correct? What trophys are you talking about also? I have been to all the comps since I started and haven't seen any trophys handed out at any of them just the money we pay to enter and most, if not all was donated back to the club.Trust me im not complaining, but when i was at the meeting on sunday and I brouht up getting trophys for the city of rocks comp no one said anything about already having them or getting them.People asked where the money that has been givin to the club was go towards since we have everyting we need to host a comp, the only thing that was mentioned was paying for the camp sites for who ever was going to stay in the club spots.Im just trying to get things cleared up for myself and others. If most are willing to bet on one course then why not have 4 courses and just have an entry fee right? please correct me if im wrong and give me your thoughts.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:03 PM   #25

Ok I just want to put my 2 cents in.. I know we don't attend the comps but hopefully we will move up there before the end of the year.

It seems like you guys are not very organized. So this is a woman's opinions on the recent posts.

You guys need to seperate the responsibilities of the club. Someone needs to be in chage of the club money, Someone else needs to be in charge of the advertising, and someone else needs to be in charge of supplies and welcoming newbies in the club and so on.. Also someone needs to be the scribe during the meeteings then post a summary of the meeting with the final decisions on the website so those who couldnt make it can be upto date on the meetings(might even get more interested in attending the meetings).

Nothing is free, maybe if you are a millionare!!!

You really do need to charge entrance fee for comps. $5.00 is not that much compared to how much you put into your crawlers. Most other clubs charge $10.00 to enter.. That means a bigger purse and better advertising!!!

You guys really need to advertise! Newspapers, flyers, online etc... (ink and paper costs do add up) I would use half of fee for club needs and the rest for the prizes. Actually I would even charge $10.00!!!

Personally I would rather cash/gift certificate for a prize than a trophy that would collect dust on a shelf. Trophies can get spendy

Maybe have a awards ceromony at the end of the season. Trophy and podium title should come in here!! would be something people could look forward too.

well this is just me opinion, take it or leave it..
crawlerchic is offline   Reply With Quote