Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Hey Guys, Sorry it has been so long since we have been on here. We were blessed with the birth of my daughter last week and as you can imagine I haven't had a lot of time to get work done . Thank you to everyone that text and called me though we really appreciate your prayers and congradulations. It is awesome to have a group of friends like you locally that get together to have a generally good time and great competition.

That being said I am back in the office periodically right now and will be posting pics and scores here on RCCrawler. If you would like to see the official scores you can also visit ZNO-RC.com and go to the Events page. We had a great time though in Willow Creek and a Great turnout. The next Scale Challenge and Comp are coming up fast and will be all in the same weekend in Reynolds Creek down by the Owyhee's. Dont worry it only takes about the same amount of time to get to as going to Celebration Park. Its just on the other side of the river.
ZNO-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

October Godfather Scale Challenge:

Sorry for the delay getting this up here guys. Here are the details for this coming Scale event.

When: October 15th & 16th

Where: Reynolds Creek (Near the Hemmingway Motorcycle Park)
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...m&z=14&vpsrc=6

Who: Anyone that would like to come compete or spectate. We will be camping as it will be one of the last nice weekends before it gets cold but you could come out for each day individually.

Events:

Saturday- Night Run - After everyone has had a chance to get dinner and rest from the Comp Crawler Finally we will run a short team night run 50-80 gates.
Sunday: Long Course - You will have 120 gates with a variety of terrains.
Hill Climb - See how far you can make it. The more gates you cross the more time you reduce from your score.
Endura-Cross - Short 10-20 Gate lap course to test you and your vehicles abilities to compete under pressure.

Come ready for fun guys. Look forward to seeing everyone there. We will have bon fires and a raffle for those that come out. See you this weekend

Last edited by ZNO-RC; 10-10-2011 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

For those that were worried about how far it was to this comp spot it only took my brother and I an hour and fifteen minutes to get there on Saturday from Emmett which is the same amount of time it takes to get to Celebration Park.

Here are my directions from Dans Ferry.

After coming down Hwy 45 from Nampa you will see Dans Ferry on your Left Down by the Snake river.

Go accross the Snake River and bear left at the fork in the road to stay on Hwy 45. About 1/2 mile past the fork you will see Upper Reynolds Creek Road on your right. Turn Right on Upper Reynolds Creek.

Follow Upper Reynolds Creek road for 4.5 miles. You will pass through a Cattle Ranch and Pass through the Hemmingway Riding Area. Continue the 4.5 miles and you will see our ZNO-RC Sign posted by the road. The Camp area is free and you will see our 24' White Trailer with SkyHook Posted on the side.

If you have any questions on how to get there. Just let me know and I will get you directions from where you are.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:58 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

I'll be in Boise for your December event. Would love to do some crawling with you guys. Any idea on location yet?
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I'll be in Boise for your December event. Would love to do some crawling with you guys. Any idea on location yet?
We are hoping to have a location for the December Scale Crawl nailed down in the next few days.

This Saturday we will be having the November Scale Challenge. Our website said Horseshoe Bend but we have actually changed that to the Banks River Beach which is just up the road a few miles from the Horseshoe bend Location. It is located right on Hwy 55 next to the river so you should see a few of us parked by the road. If I remember right parking is $3/car for the entire day.

Competition Starts at 10 am Tech in and Signups are at 9:30 am though so show up early to get signed in. We are planning on one long Course and then a few Tough Truck Challenges to finish up the day. The Long Course though will be "Long" so plan on running for over an hour. If you plan on running both 1.9 and 2.2 make sure your cars are ready to go so we dont keep you there until dark .

Look Forward to seeing everyone there. If you have any questions you can call us at 208 365-5772 or write us on here.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #26

oh shoot is it that time already!time to start building
SH!ITBIRD91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

I just put my 2 Scalers back together last night. Luckily there was nothing else wrong with them since we haven't looked at them in weeks.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:24 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Once again my 2.2 Didn't finish the day but at least it finished one event.

Awesome day though a lot of fun. Definately looking forward to the next one. Thanks everyone for coming out and helping us to have a great day.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:13 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

All the scores were posted on zno-rc.com earlier this week for the last event in Banks.

We will hopefully be able to do the next event in December and get a Date and Location nailed down but right now there are no guarantees since we might be in Cali for Thomas' Kidney Transplant for 2 weeks of the month. We will keep everyone updated though and appreciate everyones patience waiting for the information.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #30

so is the comp this weekend scale only? or will there be a 2.2 crawling comp? either way ill probably come with my 2.2 and take pictures. I need a wraith!!!
NorthwestYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I am sorry guys but we are going to cancel the December Scale Event. Sorry for any inconvience but we will start running new Comp Crawler Events and Scale events first thing 2012.

The December Holiday schedule with familys and work schedules has really filled up our schedules and a lot of those that we have talked to so we thought instead of putting added strain on our calendars we would just plan big for next year. If you guys have anything you need or any suggestions to bring in the new year we would be happy to hear them.

See you guys soon. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if we dont talk to you sooner.

-ZNO-RC
Old 12-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNO-RC View Post
I am sorry guys but we are going to cancel the December Scale Event. Sorry for any inconvience but we will start running new Comp Crawler Events and Scale events first thing 2012.

The December Holiday schedule with familys and work schedules has really filled up our schedules and a lot of those that we have talked to so we thought instead of putting added strain on our calendars we would just plan big for next year. If you guys have anything you need or any suggestions to bring in the new year we would be happy to hear them.

See you guys soon. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if we dont talk to you sooner.

-ZNO-RC

I just moved back to Boise. I'm excited for the new events to start up.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #33

Default Re: Rock Mafia Godfather Scale Challenge

ME TOO!anyone else building new rigs for next Godfather scale challenges?
SH!ITBIRD91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH!ITBIRD91 View Post
ME TOO!anyone else building new rigs for next Godfather scale challenges?
I just got in new parts from Vanquish and RPP Hobby to finish up my KOH Jeep. I just dropped another 800 bucks, starting to remind me of my 1:1 jeep. Hopefully this will finish it off for awhile. But like the real rigs, your never really done.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Well I'm not building a new rig but I am working on a new winch. I know I've been saying that for awhile but I hope to get back on it soon.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote