Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: 2.2 comp indoor nov 14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #21

I think people are getting out of line in this forum. First of all in the state of Illinois there is not a hobby shop that carries crawler stuff, the real stuff, if it doesn’t come from CKRC, CTS, etc. No one has crawler parts except for the normal, motors, links, axial parts, etc. So please don’t blame RC HOBBIES. Remember this store was the one and only store thinking of crawlers and the SCRC club after Hobby Town (Naperville) closed. (Great course, no parts, bad customer service)
They did spend a lot of time and money to make a “crawler course” which in that time was very new for a lot of people and maybe half of the people that are in the club
Let’s remember this is a business if we don’t support the store there is not place to crawl. Reality or not but that’s the truth. I’m speaking for myself that the space they consider for us is not bad. A good driver should be able to drive through it and if we use some of the modules that we use in I Hobby to expand, then the pile for comps wont be that bad. Remember they are not crawler guys but they support the hobby and the club.
By the way, yes I do get almost 80% of my stuff there if they don’t have it I call them up and they order it and in 3 days it is there. They were actually carrying RC4WD stuff and I just introduced them to their website and they had some r2d, punishers, etc in stock.
Please make this a hobby to enjoy we don’t need enemies or places that we are not welcome. This is a fun hobby. Let's not ruin it.

Last edited by Ecuador Crawler; 11-08-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Ecuador Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Any one else interested in running a "sportsman" truck instead of their comp truck???

Im thinking about running mine just for the shear fun of it versus my comp rig... No points,no prizes its the perfect time.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:14 AM   #23
MWRCA'er

Nah, I have to mess with my berg tire setup. Looking my old tlt over it really needs to be redone completely. Just no suspension flex to be able to keep up on rip rap, the tube cage is very heavy, brushless is the only thing I can run in it as do to size requirements. So I'm thinking about a simple torsion based rig, much like many MWRCA'ers had back in early 2000. Almost thinking of making it a contest as to how cheap I can make it. Plastic wheels, $9 panther tires, crap I have around the shop.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:57 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

the one I was thinking of bringing is my tube scaler... its basically in the same boat (heavy tube,no flex, small brushless because of space) I also only have an 11" wb. It will never make the climbs but I figured "who cares"
Old 11-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #25
RCC Addict

I truly just want to see if the Castle Update truly delivers the stronger drag brakes that people are raving about, and compare that to the preceived improvement that I am seeing on the incline board.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
Any one else interested in running a "sportsman" truck instead of their comp truck???

Im thinking about running mine just for the shear fun of it versus my comp rig... No points,no prizes its the perfect time.
If I was able to go, I'd have to run my Axial scaler
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

if i had eny thing i'd run it. jest a bunch of parts on my work bench for another week it looks like
thevulgarcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

im out, have to put a new fuel pump in my car on sat
thevulgarcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I'd come but I have a speech team event all day saturday, my car needs to be fixed..etc. etc. Maybe next time
Roketcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Not sure yet. So no digs, is that the game plan?
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Not sure yet. So no digs, is that the game plan?
Doesnt sound like it Oh well... next time
Old 11-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Doesnt sound like it Oh well... next time
Huh????
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:37 AM   #33
RCC Addict

I figured that since I am home today, that I might as well get my truck charged and my stuff together for Saturday. All is good to go. I am looking forward to a little crawling.

On a side note, can anybody confirm that the BAKERS SQUARE in NAPERVILLE is still open??? I need to pick-up a dessert after the comp for a dinner date that night...and a French Silk Pie sounds just PERFECT!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:43 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I'm not too sure Josh, I did see one that still was a month or so ago, I just can't remember where it's at.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:19 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuador Crawler View Post
I think people are getting out of line in this forum. First of all in the state of Illinois there is not a hobby shop that carries crawler stuff, the real stuff, if it doesn’t come from CKRC, CTS, etc. No one has crawler parts except for the normal, motors, links, axial parts, etc. So please don’t blame RC HOBBIES. Remember this store was the one and only store thinking of crawlers and the SCRC club after Hobby Town (Naperville) closed. (Great course, no parts, bad customer service)
They did spend a lot of time and money to make a “crawler course” which in that time was very new for a lot of people and maybe half of the people that are in the club
Let’s remember this is a business if we don’t support the store there is not place to crawl. Reality or not but that’s the truth. I’m speaking for myself that the space they consider for us is not bad. A good driver should be able to drive through it and if we use some of the modules that we use in I Hobby to expand, then the pile for comps wont be that bad. Remember they are not crawler guys but they support the hobby and the club.
By the way, yes I do get almost 80% of my stuff there if they don’t have it I call them up and they order it and in 3 days it is there. They were actually carrying RC4WD stuff and I just introduced them to their website and they had some r2d, punishers, etc in stock.
Please make this a hobby to enjoy we don’t need enemies or places that we are not welcome. This is a fun hobby. Let's not ruin it.
Not to start anything with you, but i'm an hour and a half away it is way too far for me or addicted to drive, they try and they helped with sponsoring for I-Hobby which was great. The crawler course there is rock(rip rap) great for getting people interested in the hobby, but yet I would like to see them do something different? I'm not trying to make enemies either but you live pretty close to their compared to most, leisure is close for me, they do carry crawler stuff but service sucks, i can place an order online and have it in 3 days and save money! I will support them when I can but it is a haul for me and I can go 10 min either way and crawl on better rock than they have there. I'm not getting out of line either just stating facts and my opinion!
bubbaracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:19 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I'm not too sure Josh, I did see one that still was a month or so ago, I just can't remember where it's at.

Thanks Joe....I finally got someone there to answer a phone....AND I ORDERED MY PIE!!!! Now I am happy.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Mmm pie.... your bringing some to the comp right!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Picking it up AFTER the COMP....for a dinner thing that night.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

how steep tomorrow? given perfect/near perfect traction, how steep do you guys want to climb in the comp. The side ramps @ ihobby were 45 and the steep ramp was just over 60.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
how steep tomorrow? given perfect/near perfect traction, how steep do you guys want to climb in the comp. The side ramps @ ihobby were 45 and the steep ramp was just over 60.

Go for 60-65 degrees.