Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 06:38 PM   #9641
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Rick, I'm not planning to go practice tomorrow. I need to...but I feel like working on my C1 instead. I want to finish my headache rack and maybe start the dash.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #9642

Just remove spider webs from my crawler might take it for a run tomorrow its been a while
JAS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #9643
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Rick, I'm not planning to go practice tomorrow. I need to...but I feel like working on my C1 instead. I want to finish my headache rack and maybe start the dash.
Yeah.. Thats cool. You know they are still racing Friday nights.. We could call that a practice day and actually compete & run against some of the same guys we run against in the points series. We'll see what happens closer to Friday.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #9644
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Yeah.. Thats cool. You know they are still racing Friday nights.. We could call that a practice day and actually compete & run against some of the same guys we run against in the points series. We'll see what happens closer to Friday.
I got both my trucks up and running, I do believe. Now just gotta work on the Bronco.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #9645
RCC Addict

I did some suspension tuning on my SCT.. Gonna try the Trinity Epic Duo3 motor.. Trey, you got that right? My Tekin seems to be losing power. I'm gonna add another pair of tires to my arsenal, see how they do. I'm also going to run a Castle 10a BEC to up the voltage to my servo. I hope to do better next points race. Gonna test & tune Friday night.

Now, Time to do some C1 stuff.

Edit: damnit, I have a feeling the motor I ordered is an older model. Trey, which one you got?

Edit2: damnit, Yes.. I ordered the Duo3 which is actually the D3 and the newer one is the D3.5 son of a bitch! I ordered it from RPP. I should have just waited and bought the new one at the track. RPP says that once and order is "processing" the order can not be changed. as soon as I clicked the "buy" button I immediately got the processing email. So really, there is no way to ever cancel or change an order. damnit.

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 10-28-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #9646
RCC Addict

Damn I am jealous. Another month before the house is done and probably 2 more months before I have a shop. So, sometime in January I might see my RCs and that is just about the time I plan to start working again. Feel like I am going through withdrawal. Maybe that is why I seem to be buying so many guns and shooting so much. That and that I can shoot on my own property. Still need a shotgun, hmm. More money to spend.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #9647

Doing a little SCT inventory and I came up with 68 tires equals 17 sets, 20 bodies, 4 extra sets of shocks, and 4 extra servo's so far. Crazy thing is that I am getting ready to paint a new body and just mounted 4 new tires on 4 new wheels.
BAD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #9648
Rock Crawler

Wow what a weekend moved my sister-in-law. I have two weeks to get my SCTE back together, Get my set up on my Buggy redone, and get my 22sct ready for the 17th.

I would like to get the the track the weekend of the 10th(prolly Sunday) for a few hours of testing depending on how far I've gotten on my wrenching. Luckily none of it on any of them should take more than a few hours.

Hey rick was it you or trey running pin tires on your sct. I was thinking about trying a set for later in the evening at the track dries and the dust comes up??
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #9649
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 1 View Post
Doing a little SCT inventory and I came up with 68 tires equals 17 sets, 20 bodies, 4 extra sets of shocks, and 4 extra servo's so far.
Insane!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #9650
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 1 View Post
Doing a little SCT inventory and I came up with 68 tires equals 17 sets, 20 bodies, 4 extra sets of shocks, and 4 extra servo's so far. Crazy thing is that I am getting ready to paint a new body and just mounted 4 new tires on 4 new wheels.

LOL I have found my equal!! I have to admit I'm very jealous of your tire collection..

My racing stable is a little overweight right now..

3 22 Buggies
1 22 SCT
1 SCTE
1 XXX-SCT
1 XXX-T cr I think on the cr part.

Then I have
1 Wraith
1 MRC

Yes my freinds I do have a problem....
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:47 PM   #9651
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
Hey rick was it you or trey running pin tires on your sct. I was thinking about trying a set for later in the evening at the track dries and the dust comes up??
That was me. I was running JConcepts Double Dees green compound on my 4x4. I love them! But what do I know! I obviously suck.

Rick, I was thinking the next race was this coming weekend...it's not until the 17th! We've got some time to practice.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #9652
Scale Detail Engineering

Trey, the Chevy pics are up
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #9653
Rock Crawler

Up where? Your FTP site? Crap, I deleted that login info.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #9654
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Up where? Your FTP site? Crap, I deleted that login info.
the latest Locked Up contest for a set of 1.9's

Giveaway & Next Team Driver Contest - Win a set of 1.9" Beadlock wheels!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #9655
Rock Crawler

We didn't have much of a setting for them...everyone else has more of an action shot. Friggin leaves.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 PM   #9656

Quote:
That was me. I was running JConcepts Double Dees green compound on my 4x4. I love them! But what do I know! I obviously suck.
"
Im also using D D's on my LOSI 4x4 and have been using them for years. But I did see another J Concepts tire that looked like it would work called 3 D's. I will be testing them at the next race or maybe before then.
BAD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #9657
Scale Detail Engineering

Trey, thanks for bringing the Chevy out, it photos great.
I didn't get a chance to add comments to the pics since I'm out of town and just have my cell phone but I'll post in the thread that all the credit goes to you for the... how do they say in your country, sick build.

Hoopty, you are right about the beef tubes. Biggin (?) first made them untaped but people like me complained and he started pre taping them... I meant to post that a week ago.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:25 AM   #9658
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
We didn't have much of a setting for them...everyone else has more of an action shot. Friggin leaves.
In the long shot, I wanted to crop out the big tree on the right and some of the foreground... the thin trees look pretty good.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #9659
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
In the long shot, I wanted to crop out the big tree on the right and some of the foreground... the thin trees look pretty good.
It's a mutant MOOOOONNNNNNSSSSSTEEEEERRRRR tree!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #9660
RCC Addict

I don't think I'll be ready Wednesday. I'll probably go Sunday instead. Or Saturday.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame