Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #1281
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

lol. We will still need to use a Paper record for the total run scores for each person.
neillarson is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Actually, I don't see anything wrong with them. I actually think we need to re think our winching. Using a persons hand as a winch attachment point is just wrong as it is mobile. It also makes winching too easy and too fast. If, as the intent of rule is and was, have to anchor to an obstacle, another RC truck or to a pull pal, it will make a significant difference in the way we use a winch.
i think if we are competing we should adhere to the same rules everybody else does.

i didnt know class2 could run 2.2 wheels. i for whatever reason associated class2 with 1.9's...
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #1283
RCC Addict

Yea, i learned about that recently when looking at the "tire stretching thread" if im not mistaken, you can run any wheel size (1.5 to 2.2) in any class. Even a 2.2 on a C1 or a 1.5 on a C3.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #1284

Quote:
Just Jason and I made, but had a god run till electronic issues hit us. Still had fun.
has anybody ever had their futaba rx unbind?

when neil and i were running, everything was great right up to a point where my rig got flipped over and neil tried to push me over with his rig, one of my front wheels got bound up pretty tight and then the rx just stopped working... no light no nothing on the rx, bec and esc lights on.

it was BOUND up... enough to somehow squeeze all the air out of one of my sealed up beadlocks. i thought initially i burned up a servo or somethng.

took it home, swapped in a spektrum rx, everything works. then i swapped back to the futaba rx and it works. WTH?

might just swap out the futaba anyway and run spektrum since i know there is an issue.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #1285
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
i think if we are competing we should adhere to the same rules everybody else does.

i didnt know class2 could run 2.2 wheels. i for whatever reason associated class2 with 1.9's...
C2 pretty much limits you to 1.9"s because of the 4.75" OD max rule.
I thought Neil said the PL 2.2 Flat Irons were legal but after checking the PL web site, they are 4.84"... which make's them illegal.

I have thought about running reduced 2.2's on a C2.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:35 AM   #1286
RCC Addict

I have one of my SPektrums unbind but never one of the Futabas.

On the wheel vs tire rules. any size wheel on anyclass as long as you meet the tire mod rules. I run 1.7 tires stretched on to 1.9s on one of my Class 1 Hilux's. I also run 2.2 wheels with 2.2 Flatirons in Class 2 on the Taco, they are rated as Class 2 based on total height. I have see 1.55s stretched on 1.9s but that must be a bitch to do without tearing the bead.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #1287
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
I also run 2.2 wheels with 2.2 Flatirons in Class 2 on the Taco, they are rated as Class 2 based on total height.
I don't think they are Neil, the rules say C2 = 4.75" max. ProLine's website says they are 4.84".
Old 01-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #1288

Quote:
I have one of my SPektrums unbind but never one of the Futabas.
when the futaba unbinds, or isnt bound to a tx, do any leds light up?

i'm thinking maybe theres a bad connection or something in the futaba that made it not work. when it stopped working the rx initially was blinking red led, then nothing.

ill probably just swap in a spektrum for this weekends comp, and if i get the same problem i know its not in the rx...
Old 01-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #1289
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
I don't think they are Neil, the rules say C2 = 4.75" max. ProLine's website says they are 4.84".
I thought i saw that they were shorter than that before but, i just looked around and all im coming up with is 4.84" too. Hmm.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 AM   #1290
Rock Crawler

where are we having it this weekend?
S ARR T 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:56 AM   #1291
RCC Addict

The last time I added a post about enforcing or modifing rules, I got blasted. I am going to try again. If this becomes contentious instead of a simple discussion, I will walk away. Post your opinion as I have stated mine. If you want to get pissed off, man up and call me direct. People are going to take this as an attack and it is not meant to be. Saydee is the person that uses winching the most but Chris and I both have used it in the past and we did it the same (wrong in my opinion) way.

There are a few things I think we need to be more mindful of (there is the Budhist in me talking).

1. Winching. Winch cable must be attached to an object that is part of the course or to a pull pal. --- So a stick, a stump, a tree. Not a hand or a foot. I think we could even stretch that to a stake that we carry along to stick in if we are where there are no trees in cable distance. The rule states:

Winching: (+2 pts each) A winch penalty will be assessed every time the winch cable is connected for a pull. If the winch line comes unhooked during a pull, or a 2nd attachment is needed, another penalty will be assessed. If at any time during the process of removing recovery tools and/or winch line from vehicle, the vehicle is moved by any force other than it's winch or it's own power, a touch penalty will be assessed and the vehicle repositioned to the last cleared gate (see vehicle touch rule).

So, if you start a winch in one direction and it doesn't work, like on a roll over, when you reposistion it, it is another +2 points. Using a person to me fall into the Assisted Recovery Rule and should incur a +10 penalty.

2. Resposistion, I definatly think we need to follow this one.

Reposition: (+10 pts) The vehicle will be placed with it's rear tires in the last gate progressed or the nearest stable location after the last cleared gate if the last gate cleared is unstable.

3. Roll over, another one we need to be more mindful of. It is not a pick up and set down it is a gentle roll over to the right side or left side

Rollover: (+5pts) Points are given when a vehicle rolls over and cannot be corrected without touching. Once the vehicle has stopped it may be rolled back onto it's wheels and a +5 point penalty shall be given. Vehicles that land back on their wheels without assistance are not penalized. No reverse penalties will be awarded until the vehicle is righted. The vehicle may at no time be lifted, slid or moved in any way other than a smooth, continuous roll to the left or right side only. Any other manipulation or movement of the vehicle will be considered a "vehicle touch" penalty.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #1292
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by die-laughing View Post
I thought i saw that they were shorter than that before but, i just looked around and all im coming up with is 4.84" too. Hmm.
I wonder if Pro-Line changed them? I know my 1.9 Claws were taller and they are for sure Class 2. But that is for sure what Pro-Line says. I will run my TSLs for now in Class 3 until I can get some 1.9s for it. Thanks.

The real pain there is that I have 10 more 2.2 Flatirons in my shop planned for my 6X6X6 build. But it is Class 3 anyway due to the steering.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #1293

Quote:
Originally Posted by die-laughing View Post
i know the rules say advertised specs, but maybe we should measure the actual size...

ALSO... in the class2 tire rules it doesnt say cut&shut/resized tires are legal, just says you are allowed to cut and snipe.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #1294
RCC Addict

Quote:
i know the rules say advertised specs, but maybe we should measure the actual size...

ALSO... in the class2 tire rules it doesnt say cut&shut/resized tires are legal, just says you are allowed to cut and snipe.
Good question to ask the rule committe. I though Cut and Shut were legal in class 2.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #1295
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Measure is not allowed. You can change the size by foam and wheel with. There is a size list some where on this site. This has also been discussed by the rule committee in the past.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #1296
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Good question to ask the rule committe. I though Cut and Shut were legal in class 2.
I hope so... but I don't see that it says you are allowed to modify in C2 except for: Class-2 Trail. Tire lugs may be removed, siped, grooved and/or trimmed.

It doesn't say anything about Cut N Shut. I really was wanting a Cut N Shut Pitbull XOR
Old 01-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #1297
I wanna be Dave

Here is the size list
Scale Tire Size Charts...

say 2.2 flat iron are 4.5
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #1298
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
say 2.2 flat iron are 4.5
• Tire size will be determined by advertised manufacturer specs (tires without available specs will be measured off the truck as mounted on the wheel laid flat).
Old 01-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #1299
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
• Tire size will be determined by advertised manufacturer specs (tires without available specs will be measured off the truck as mounted on the wheel laid flat).
OK I guess no 2.2 flat irons.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #1300
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
There are a few things I think we need to be more mindful of
I thought it odd that you could winch from a hand... I say stick to the rules but I haven't used my winch since my very first TTC.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame