RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Cream pie!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #17042
RCC Addict

I just ordered 4x Gforce 1300mah 40c 3s packs last night and today I think I decided to love stuff around which means I can probably run a full pack like a 2600-3300 instead of the two batteries in parallel. I'll confirm that tonight.

I think I spent $60 on them so, if anyone is looking to order that size battery, give me a shout and save a couple bucks on them.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #17043
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
I just ordered 4x Gforce 1300mah 40c 3s packs last night and today I think I decided to love stuff around which means I can probably run a full pack like a 2600-3300 instead of the two batteries in parallel. I'll confirm that tonight.

I think I spent $60 on them so, if anyone is looking to order that size battery, give me a shout and save a couple bucks on them.
I was going to get 2 more... and at least 1 more 2200
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #17044

Quote:
Cream pie!
i prefer to pull out.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #17045

Quote:
Ahhh! Sooooo hottt..

Why did I chose to work in a shop with no a/c.

I'm looking forward to gettin' outta here.. I'm going to attempt to build a complete floor board & electronics box out of styrene tonight.. Styrene should be good for an electronics box if I use a heavy duty piece & seal it up good.. The only challenge will be making a removable lid.
btw arent you using the wp'd stuff on this build?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #17046
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
btw arent you using the wp'd stuff on this build?
Yeah, I thought that was just going to help the water situation.. Can I leave that stuff exposed?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #17047
RCC Addict

Obviously the wp shift servo & wp servo winch will be exposed but, I was planning on boxing up the wp esc & non-wp RX..

Johnny, i'll let you know tonight if i'll be using the 1300's or not.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #17048

Quote:
Yeah, I thought that was just going to help the water situation.. Can I leave that stuff exposed?
you should be able to... but i'd hate to say that and then you have your shit die.

i've ran timmy all day with my elecs swimming in water inside the condom. (it leaked water in..) i found out that night while rinsing off the mud in the sink, and im still running the same elecs. my pink wraith has only conformal and no condoms or anything and it hasnt had any issues.

wouldnt hurt to take another waterproofing precaution tho. but from my experiences the conformal really works killer.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #17049

Quote:
Obviously the wp shift servo & wp servo winch will be exposed but, I was planning on boxing up the wp esc & non-wp RX..

Johnny, i'll let you know tonight if i'll be using the 1300's or not.
if you want, you can give me your rx after sunday and i can wp that as well. bec too if i didnt do one for you last time.

i got the process down pretty good now...
Old 07-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #17050
Quarry Creeper

Jason, you should get a vendor star and offer water proofing services. You seem like the go to guy for everyone in here, you've done it quite a bit. I'd pay to have my stuff wp'd.
swezy207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #17051

Quote:
Originally Posted by swezy207 View Post
Jason, you should get a vendor star and offer water proofing services. You seem like the go to guy for everyone in here, you've done it quite a bit. I'd pay to have my stuff wp'd.
id need to make absolutely sure it was a 100% proven waterproofing method before i did something like that... in my case it has been, but to offer a service to people and charge them, i'd need to be a little more confident.

Last edited by badhoopty; 07-18-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #17052
Rock Crawler

Mms... I was going to leave my ESC open it has conformal coating. May go ahead and do the BEC and receiver too with conformal coating and then stuff in them in the balloon.

Servos I have never done anything with.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #17053

btw sweze, all you need is a can of this.

Techspray Turbo-Coat Acrylic Conformal Coating - 12 oz. Can | 2108-12S (210812S) | Techspray

if i ever run out of that stuff i'm gonna try the brush on urethane stuff. less mess and less fumes, and being brush on i imagine i could get it done with far less coats than the spray stuff.
4223-55ML Conformal Coating Urathane with UV Indicator > Conformal Coatings > Protective Coatings > Electronic Chemicals > Main Section > SRA Soldering Products

i decase everything, tape off heatsinks and wires, and anything that is a plug (sensor plug, receiver pins, etc) i fill or coat with dielectric grease. then i spray 5-7 good, heavy coats letting each coat dry.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #17054
Quarry Creeper

I am nervous about taking my motor apart, never been inside of one, don't know the parts and if anything falls out of place I'm f*cked. It sucks going to events tho and having to skip sections or whole courses because of water.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #17055
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swezy207 View Post
I am nervous about taking my motor apart, never been inside of one, don't know the parts and if anything falls out of place I'm f*cked. It sucks going to events tho and having to skip sections or whole courses because of water.
I'm a newbie and I pulled apart my pro4 and conformal coated it. I just asked tons of questions in here during the process. I've had it submerged with no problems. still somewhat nervous having it submerged though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #17056
RCC Addict

Cool jason, I might take you up on that offer. Although the stuff will be waterproof, I think i'm still gonna cover it before I get it wet.. Gonna wrap it in latex or it'll take my paychecks. Ya know what i'm sayin'?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #17057

Quote:
Cool jason, I might take you up on that offer. Although the stuff will be waterproof, I think i'm still gonna cover it before I get it wet.. Gonna wrap it in latex or it'll take my paychecks. Ya know what i'm sayin'?
i hear ya... i was amazed when i discovered timmies condom had turned into a water balloon and that i had been running it that way all day, but all the same a little precaution doesnt hurt.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #17058
RCC Addict

I got a new decal guy.. I'm happy with what I'm getting. Especially for half the price. I placed a big order so, I'm gonna make it rain at ECSC!

Old 07-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #17059
Quarry Creeper

Has anyone heard anything good about the Integy winch? I know, I know... It's Integy, but hey, maybe it's not bad?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #17060
RCC Addict

I don't hate integy as much as some people.. I think that winch looks killer.. Especially for the money. Haven't used one though. I think there is a few threads on it.

Now my tech question.. I never had led lights that weren't powered by a 9v battery. So, now that I have a couple led light bars that operate in 11.1v, how should I power them?
My current setup, I'm able to run a 3300mah 3s battery to power the truck and I was thinking about powering the lights separate on a 1300mah 3s battery because I have room for it. I have micro deans for the lights.. Should I just "Y" both my lights into one big deans and then simply plug them into the 1300mah to turn them on & off? It sounds simple, is it that simple?

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame