Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Indiana Crawlers: Post your locations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 07:52 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Marion huh? I am about 10 southeast of Marion......
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2008, 09:00 AM   #22

Righteous! I mainly crawl by the river and in our local park.... Not a whole lot of options here, but the few that I have are nice. any good spots where your at?
stub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:17 AM   #23
Colt Python/SR9c

Not sure where Marion is, but how far from Brownsburg,In are you?
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:54 PM   #24

Marion is about an hour or so north of Brownsburg off of IN69. about half way to Ft. Wayne
Old 05-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I got a spot down by the river. I mainly use the new boat ramp rocks by the covered bridge.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #26

where exactly is Matthews?? I think thats kinda close to where I'm at... I would like to see what bridge your talking about I think that I've been by it before. I drive through Matthews about every Sunday on Wheeling Pk.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

The bridge is in the old part of Matthews. You need to take Massechusettes Ave (the main street through town at the flashing light) going away from Wheeling Pike. Go a block past the stop sign, turn right and follow that street. That will take you through another stop sign, around a curve, down the hill, around another curve, past the cemetery and you are there. The boat launch is right there too. Or just follow the signs for the Cumberland Covered Bridge.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #28

Angry

Im in Paoli, Indiana is there anyone in southern indiana that wants to get to together. i live just about 20 minutes south of bedford, Indiana. i m the only i have found down here that has crawlers would to have people to crawl with.
79' Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #29
pup
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79' Chevy View Post
Im in Paoli, Indiana is there anyone in southern indiana that wants to get to together. i live just about 20 minutes south of bedford, Indiana. i m the only i have found down here that has crawlers would to have people to crawl with.

We have a small group of guys in the Warrick county area (SIRCC.org) It would be about a 1.5 hr drive for you.
We are having a comp this weekend @ my house. PM me if you are interested in details.

You can also check out the Tri-State Crawlers. They are having a comp in a few weeks @ FOTO which is near Lousiville on the Ohio River.
pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #30

Borden right down from piken
Foxcrawler80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #31
Rock Stacker

If you southern Indiana guys get a chance,you should check out the crawling at Summit. I know the price of gas hurts,but I think you would find that it is worth the trip.
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #32
pup
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb7038 View Post
If you southern Indiana guys get a chance,you should check out the crawling at Summit. I know the price of gas hurts,but I think you would find that it is worth the trip.
Summit???? More info please.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:58 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

The place is Summit Rock,in Fort Wayne. There is a thread on it here in the Indiana section.Im not real good with the computer links,but the web site is: summitrcraceway.com , you will want the Summit Rock section.The track is fully supporting crawling,stocking parts and kits,(mostly ax10 but they will order any thing.) Ther is even an indoor crawling course in the works.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #34
pup
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgb7038 View Post
The place is Summit Rock,in Fort Wayne. There is a thread on it here in the Indiana section.Im not real good with the computer links,but the web site is: summitrcraceway.com , you will want the Summit Rock section.The track is fully supporting crawling,stocking parts and kits,(mostly ax10 but they will order any thing.) Ther is even an indoor crawling course in the works.
Sounds like a nice place but it is 5 hours (317 miles) from my house.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

I hear what your saying,until Summit Rock opened,I was driving 4 hrs to Akron,OH to crawl with the NOSTR guys.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #36

I drive from marion to summit... Its about an hour but its worth it to be around fellow crawlers with good attitudes. I can't find ANYONE where im at that is even remotely (not a pun) interested in rc crawling.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #37
pup
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stub View Post
I drive from marion to summit... Its about an hour but its worth it to be around fellow crawlers with good attitudes. I can't find ANYONE where im at that is even remotely (not a pun) interested in rc crawling.
I here ya. I guess that I am lucky in that respect. There are 7-8 guys that are within 30 miles of me. But they all suck. heheehhe

We just have a hard time finding a good wheeling location locally. All of us have "courses" at our houses but nothing compares to NATURAL rock formations.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:06 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

west lafayette here
Scale_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #39

pymouth In. i have a small course set up and want to build a bigger indoor one i have a 40 by 60 shop and could build something inside for this winter.
98tjjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:32 PM   #40

Im moving down to Vincennes this upcoming weekend. Im trying to find some good places to wheel and people to wheel with, if anyone has any suggestions for the southern part of the state please let me know. I only rock a 2.2 clod- based right now, but have a couple of smaller scale "scaler" builds Im wanting to work on down there. Keep me informed. thanks