Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Marion, IN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Marion, IN

Hey anyone near the Marion, Indiana area. I am interested in getting into rock crawling, would like to watch and maybe learn a little bit about this before I jump into it head first. Thanks
millfire517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I'm in your backyard. I live down near Matthews, have a couple crawl spots and a couple crawlers. We are in the fields right now farming. As soon as it slows down, I would be more than happy to hook up and talk/run crawlers.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
WWW.THEROXBOX.COM

The ROX BOX in INDY, Next sunday Nov. 15th .... more info tonight in the Rox Box thread

The "ROX BOX" Indy's Premier Indoor Crawling Facility

The Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
I'm in your backyard. I live down near Matthews, have a couple crawl spots and a couple crawlers. We are in the fields right now farming. As soon as it slows down, I would be more than happy to hook up and talk/run crawlers.

Awesome thanks for the reply.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eye View Post
The ROX BOX in INDY, Next sunday Nov. 15th .... more info tonight in the Rox Box thread

The "ROX BOX" Indy's Premier Indoor Crawling Facility

Not sure if i will make it to the 15th, might be the next one. But thanks for the reply.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

ROX BOX a great place,and great group of guys...Check it out...
DrtRacr440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Hey! Hope you can make it out to some of the Rox Box comps, its a BLAST!!
Also, Just wondering if there are any rock formations or possible crawl spots around the Marion area that you know of??
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I have a few ideas, but having any power source would be an issue unless you have a generator, or a power converter, or can run off of vehicle power.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:31 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Power is usually not an issue as most people's chargers have 12v DC input connections anyways. Post up some areas and the next time i'm in the area, I'll have to stop and check em out!

I'm just trying to find some more spots in your area to crawl at and possible host a competition at!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

There are some piles of rip rap down around the river and in some spots around town. I havent found any good patches of rock down at the river I was impressed with yet. There is some rock down at Matter Park that Stub turned me on to, kind of a cool place to run when the water's down. We have a couple quarries around. Might be worth stopping in and talking to the owners to see if we could do something that way. Random thoughts!
Old 11-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

like I said I don't have one yet, but i would be more than interested in hanging out sometime and watching and learning to see if this is something I want to venture into. I'm also interested in scale rc crawlers.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Gas city park has a few areas back by the river that may be fun, also my wife reminded me up at the reservoirs by the dams they have those huge rock hills. might be something to look into.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Sheltering Wings Christmas Crawl at the ROX BOX

This Sunday. Come join the fun.
biggin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Ok I finally went and got me an Axial scx10 w/honcho body ordered. It says it will be delivered this weekend so Hopefully I can start to hook up with some guys and gals around here for some fun. Also is there anyone who sales deans plugs? I got 2 sets coming with my order but after I make a adapter for my charger, change the ends on my battery i am short a set for my speed control and motor. So heres to hooking up with some folks for some fun in the future.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Once you get your stuff, fire me a PM on here and we'll talk some more. I am only about 15 minutes south of Marion, but I have a couple spots you can run your truck (assuming the snow is off). We are also having a get together up at Fort Wayne on the 23rd. That would be a great place to start. I do a lot of business with a hobby shop in Muncie, Toys Forever and More. He sells deans, traxxas, and about any other plug you would want. You might also try Fastenal, they might have them too.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Cool I might have to try and make it. I might have to try and car pool with someone unless I get another vehicle by then. Wife won't let me leave her alone without no car.:-(
Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by millfire517 View Post
Cool I might have to try and make it. I might have to try and car pool with someone unless I get another vehicle by then. Wife won't let me leave her alone without no car.:-(

Bring her along! If she wants to play too, I have a second crawler I'll let her run.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Red face

I'll be heading down to Hillsboro,IN. this spring and i'd want to crawl with someone myself'. Is there anyone around that Area'. Or within reach...?!! Plus I also hope to just the chance to stop by and check out Seth and the rest of the gang at Summit rock' as well.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

There might be some good spots down around the park in New Castle that would be close to you. The best bet would be to hit the Rox Box in Indy though. Just a thought. I'll be in New Castle before summer, I'll poke around and see if I can find any good spots.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Wheres Lapeer at? I"m in Lafayette and I'm willing to meet up somewhere. I have a buddy with a couple of scalers who might want to tag along as well.
Scale_Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote