Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

Thread: Kansas Crawl?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Kansas Crawl?

Are there enough people around the Kansas area that would be interested in getting together and having a crawling comp. this summer? I would like to get together but I don't have the time and money to travel clear out to Oregon or somewhere just to crawl with most of you guys so I figured that Kansas is pretty centrally located. Let me know if any one would be interested in maybe trying to have a comp. here.
Rock
T_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

yeah, what he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Were in Kansas are you located?
MOCRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I am located just about 30 mins. north of Wichita in Newton. In whats considered south central Kansas.
Rock
T_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #4

I'm in Topeka, KS. I have a TLT crawler & a Clod crawler.

Kevin
MC_StinkyNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
RCC Addict

heck yea! I'd be down for the 2.2 class! My tlt's about done...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I live in Salina. I would love to get together with y'all for a day on the weekend and just do some crawlin'. Shoot me a message and let me know when.
Hotrodblder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

With the weather begining to improve, I think it's time to start thinking about a central kansas gtg. I'm thinking the Newton/Hutchinson/McPherson area is pretty central to most in this thread. I believe T Boy mentioned a spillway near Newton that would make for some good crawling. I haven't had much luck finding any good crawling spots near McPherson. Grob, have you? Anybody else know of a good spot, speak up!
KSCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:36 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Default ks builder

in topeka, fabber, builder ,competitor. live in topeka. give me a shout guys i am biuldin another "proving course" for my testin and biulds. and a place for my son to practice and play,or in his case tear shit up.......
budleyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
I joined the Band!

Just thought I would let ya'll know that at the actuall Off Road park at Tuttle Creek there is a few places right up in the staging/parking area that I have seen several people running the RC Crawlers through what is almost a scale Garden
TripleXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I actually haven't found any places IN McPherson, but I have been up to Coronado Heights... up by Salina... there's some awesome stuff to crawl up there... and It would make a badass place for a comp...

I'm not sure about the legality of it all, seein how it's a public "park"...

I am planning to go on a couple roadtrips this summer looking for a few places to crawl...

Newton would be hella do-able... that definantly wouldn't be a problem...
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Who's up for a gtg next weekend? I'd be up for Newton or Salina areas... Post up if you can make it and where ya wanna crawl...
Old 07-15-2008, 02:16 AM   #12

i live in Concordia, KS if you dont know where that its about 50 miles north of Salina.
ChevyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Default Kansas GTG

I guess I thought there were more people who wanted to get together here in Kansas. I am itchin' to go out and meet new people and play around and see what my scorpion can do. The only thing is, I am limited right now to the distance I can go. I like the Coronado Heights idea but I have no idea what the layout looks like up there.
I'm not sure where else to try to get together to try and play around. I've seen a lot of good meeting place ideas on here from Newton, to McPherson to where ever, but no one seems to want to commit to anything. This thread has been dead since the 16th of this month. It's kinda like no one is interested anymore.
Please, let me know what you think and who would like to have a "mini-comp" of sorts and goof around, hopefully not breaking to many parts. lol I am open to suggestions as to where if anyone is still interested.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:38 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

I think Salina is pretty central to most of the guys in this thread, and I believe Greg (grob) had good things to say about Coronado Heights. Maybe gas prices have limited people's travelling, but I'm sure us 'southern boys' could carpool up to Salina to save a little. Maybe Greg and Rock (T Boy) will chime in. I'd be willing to drive up, and have more than enough room for up to 4 and equipment. Let's keep this thread alive!
Old 07-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

I'm in 100%. Just kind of shoot me a time so I can let the Girlfriend know. I think it'll end up being a hoot, getting everyone together and meeting in person for a change.
I do have to do a few repairs to my truck but it's nothing major just rebuilding a couple of shocks and a link end needs replaced, lol. Will be no problem.
Looking forward to meeting those of you who will be able to make it.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I was reminded by the girlfriend that there is also a car show in the park in downtown Lindsborg this coming Saturday the 2nd. This way if anyone gets tired of playing or it gets to hot or whatever you could go check it out as well.

Shawn

P.S. I think we're gonna go scouting Coronado Heights tomorrow and see if we can get some pics to post of the area for people to look at.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:07 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Never been there, can't wait to see the pics! I'm thinking the earlier, the better. Maybe 9 or 10? We've got 3 confirmed so far, hopefully more will chime in!
Old 07-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Hey,
I got pics this morning of some of the areas at Coronado Heights. We made a site for me to post them on.

http://members.cox.net/ksrockcrawler/

I think this would be a better way to view them without filling up the thread with pics. I hope these give people some ideas for lines to run. I know it's hard to tell the size of the courses with these pics but at least it gives you and idea of what it looks like.
Hope to hear from everyone more this week about when to get together next weekend either Sat or Sun.
Hope you like what you see. Let me know.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Awesome pics! We were near Lindsberg for a company party, so we rode up to Coronado Heights afterwards to check it out. Great place! Wish I would have had my crawler with me! Can't wait 'til next weekend!

Here's a website with some information about the park. http://www.naturalkansas.org/coronado.htm

The park opens at 8am, and I figure I'll be there around 9'ish. Does anyone have any tennis ball halves? I have a few cones, but don't have any balls. Wait a minute, that didn't come out right...
Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I will be more than happy to go buy TENNIS ball so we have something to make gates with. I will be out there bright and early about 9 or so, too.
I am to remind all of you who are coming, to bring a cooler or something with drinks in it. Lindsborg is a bit of a drive to go get a soda or something. The only shade is the "fort". It's a total temp change to get out of the heat with but there's still nothing to refresh yourself with.
We'll see you all on Saturday.