Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Large scale bronco help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #41
RCC Addict

I like them rims a lot. That bronco looks good too. The bumpers on mine just have screws in them so I won't need to cut them. But that is what I was tring to figure out with the back part. If I want to cut it off or keep it as is
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

It would be cool if you could get the bumpers machined out of aluminum to keep the look but have them functional
AkFordfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #43
I joined the Band!

Default u need to look at some

That have been made on this site. there fun to make and rewarding when done. just start and buy enough to fix any mistakes that you make. the more you play with it the better you will get. Later in building you will be glad you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkFordfan View Post
It would be cool if you could get the bumpers machined out of aluminum to keep the look but have them functional
twissted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 PM   #44
I joined the Band!

build the frame first
Old 10-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Thanks guys for the input. I will most likely build the axles first so I know how the shocks and links will mount then I will do the chassie. I think I may get some help from dinky rc so I should get some pretty sick bumpers and stuff. Dose any one know of anybody who makes large seats. It will have a full interior.
Thanks a lot for the help hope to start ob tis soon I just can't work on it during the week cause of work.

Adam
Old 10-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #46

You could always go for the real radical look. Here's a pic of my jeep with TXT axles and the RC4wd 4.0 mud slingers.

bugleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #47
RCC Addict

That looks real cool. What is the track width in that body. My Bronco is real wide.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Does any one know another way to mount nylint wheels and tires besides using the rc4wd adapters. I juat don't think I can justify $50 for some hexes.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #49
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
Does any one know another way to mount nylint wheels and tires besides using the rc4wd adapters. I juat don't think I can justify $50 for some hexes.

They also WIDEN your axle...by ALOT....and that is what they're really great for.

Otherwise...you'll have to use some other kinds of axles...that are alot harder to find...and alot harder to get parts for.

At least for ALL of the 1/6th scaled bodies that I've had anyways.

What axles are you planning on using?

Have your checked your widths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugleem View Post
You could always go for the real radical look. Here's a pic of my jeep with TXT axles and the RC4wd 4.0 mud slingers.

Your Jeep looks AWESOME...but it also looks pretty expensive !! How much money is in the Axles/wheels and tires ?

TXT's...don't come up very often....I looked for a set...for awhile. They're cool for Big Mog builds...and Big military stuff/Monster Trucks too.

I bet those wheels and tires cost a pretty penny !! They're sweet looking though.

I looked on RC4WD...and the Cheapest 4.0 Wheel...and those tires...would run right at $250 shipped !!!

ARON

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 10-03-2010 at 04:37 PM.
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:14 PM   #50
RCC Addict

It kinda depends. I was thinking about jut making my own using maxx difs but.
If they widen my wk axles enough I may use them but I am really digging thoes txt axles they look sick. I'll post up some mesurements of the body when I get home latter tonight.
Thnks a lot
Adam
Old 10-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #51
RCC Addict

I did some cutting on it today. Cut some of the bumpers and most of the windows out.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry for the cell pics. My camera isn't any better.
The wheelbase On this will be around 19 1/2". The track width will be about 12"

Last edited by adamargue; 10-04-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #52
I joined the Band!

Default Wow

So what you need is a cheap band saw. make cutting a breeze. I got mine at Harbor Freight. 125.00 plus a metal blade 10.00. you will make stuff for your friends and it should help pay for its self. I built this frame in about 1/2 hour including the cutting. Just know that this thing will take your fingers off, befor you can blink. the band saw is in the back corner of the trailer in this photo.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #53
RCC Addict

What is that frame mad out of. It's not c channel is it
Old 10-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #54
I joined the Band!

it's a old sign that I had laying around. The cross pieces are from a bathroom remodle that I did. there from a new mirror that I installed and used a wood frame and saved the pieces that you see and then some.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #55
RCC Addict

That's a good idea man. I am hopping to get some templets of my frame made eathier tonight or in the morning. I'm not so good at frame desgin. I can't decide if I want a full ladder frame or do like a truggy with half a ladder frame and half tube. What do u guys think?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #56
I joined the Band!

Default Help building a frame

Ok so heres what you do. set the bronco on its side and trace the body on the bottom edge. That is how you start. then figure out if you want the frame to stick out past the body. also need to look at what your going to do with the shock mounts and if your adding any thing like rock sliders and roll cage. as you can add the shocks to the cage instead of the frame.

Also what are you going to use for suspention, Coil over shocks, leafsprings or coil with shocks. or the combination of them. how wide is it going to be and also thick. The thicker the better to a point. I like to drill and tap into the frames. So T-6 is really good. Speaking of T-6 Scrap yards are a great place to find what your looking for and it's alot of fun rummaging through stuff. I hope this helps.

Last edited by twissted; 10-05-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #57
RCC Addict

I'm not shure if I want the frame to stick out or not. I want to run a winch but I don't know if there is one made that won't look stupid on the front of this monster.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #58
I joined the Band!

make it loner and try it. If you don't like it cut it off.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Thanks for the help. I will be using coil overs all the way around. I can't decide on the tranny I have a 2 speed on the way. But I dint know if I should use that or use my r2 or wk tranny and go to a transfer case.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #60
I joined the Band!

Default If you look into

the engine build of what you see here I have a 55 turn motor attached gear reduction unit inside the scale motor. kinda cool and ez to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamargue View Post
Thanks for the help. I will be using coil overs all the way around. I can't decide on the tranny I have a 2 speed on the way. But I dint know if I should use that or use my r2 or wk tranny and go to a transfer case.

Look under motor head also the gear unit is a HPI piece.

Last edited by twissted; 10-05-2010 at 08:46 PM. Reason: adding a pic