Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Axial Wraith XL "MMTB" Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2016, 01:40 AM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial Wraith XL "MMTB" Build

This might be my next build as well... I want a Nitro puller/ Kidd puller ... I've had a request of building on for a RRC member so I figured I might as well build two at once.. Looking forward to seeing running action of a Straight axle XL... Is there any ????
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2016, 08:49 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Unfortunately my work schedule and the amount of hours i work, Real Life and my Bomber build taking dibs on any free time i have this is still on the back burner.

The fastest and easiest way to get over my last hurdle is to extend the front drive shaft. I just need to learn how to TIG to do that.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 10:17 AM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Unfortunately my work schedule and the amount of hours i work, Real Life and my Bomber build taking dibs on any free time i have this is still on the back burner.

The fastest and easiest way to get over my last hurdle is to extend the front drive shaft. I just need to learn how to TIG to do that.
Ship it across the big pond... I'll tig er up to see this thing in motion !!
I subscribed to this thread hopen to see it get completed and possibly help support your build!
BarHarborBasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post

How long do you need to extend it there might be a way to extend it without Tig-ing . Unless of course it less than 30mm ???

Last edited by tonyfalkon; 05-07-2016 at 03:44 PM.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:44 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfalkon View Post
How long do you need to extend it there might be a way to extend it without Tig-ing . Unless of course it less than 30mm ???
Tony,
I tried an RC4WD extension but it was too small for the output and even if it did it would wobble like mad. I sent the DS off to Bar Harbor Basher who was kind enough to offer his welding skills.

I believe it was like 20mm but i forget now that sent it out.

What were you thinking?
Old 06-28-2016, 08:49 AM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Sorry it took a while to answer, its a moot point now but, I was thinking cutting one of the rear axles to the size you need to replace the transmission output shaft then putting a bearing carrier/pillow block( try printed plastic it worked for me ) to hold the extended shaft steady . You will need a longer sleeve to prevent the shaft from moving or putting a C-Clip, if the original output shaft is needed to make the 2nd gear to work then this method won't work unless of course your willing to change to low speed gears like mod 1 since your rig is geared for crawling. I can suggest more options like using a brush motor with a totally different transmission and this and that all of them involving more and more work. With that said, it is a transmission output shaft, it is the one of the components that transfers the power from the motor to the wheels which means it will be subjected to constant stress, it should be one solid piece (my opinion of course).

But as I mentioned in the beginning it is a moot point, as you indicated you just started new job, you may not have a lot of time to work at or even play with your rig so a weld would be the best solution for you, its convenient, simple and quick.
tonyfalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:52 AM   #67
Rock Stacker

Any updates?
Mtnkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 09:29 AM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnkid View Post
Any updates?
Projects kinda Dead on my end. Going to have someone smarter than me BHB 4340 HD Driveterain parts build the chassis and go from there.

Axial Wraith XL "MMTB" Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ax10/wraith crawlin on a budget "sportsman" build onebullet Axial AX-10 Scorpion 163 10-13-2015 01:28 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM
Axial AX-10 Scorpion 1/10 Rock Crawler Kit Build, Chapter 2 "The Mod Build" JAM MaxAmps.com Axial AX-10 Scorpion 42 06-06-2008 10:00 PM
Axial Scorpion Lizard Tires "In Stock" and "Shipping" 6/26/07 **RCP Crawlers** Rockpiledriver RCP Crawlers 6 06-27-2007 10:33 AM