Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Scx6 servo boost

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2021, 02:02 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Scx6 servo boost

After a few hours of running the scx6 I have noticed that when the servo gets a bit bound up the fan on the esc dips in rpm. Thinking the bec in the esc isn't quite up to the task I put a castle 10 amp bec in for the servo and put the voltage at 7.4. I wasn't sure about putting that much to the receiver/ lights, not sure what the lights are rated for. It definitely helped, but its not like your going to go Holy shit problem solved, but it definitely helps. Made a servo bypass out of a servo y harness, if you haven't done this before its really easy. Just pull the red wire out of the one that plugs into the esc and tape it off, and you done.
Attached Images

Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2021, 07:12 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Scx6 servo boost

The servo looks to be rated for 6-7.2V, I imagine 7.4V is okay.

I just pulled loose the ESC so I could figure out what model it is (SPMXSE1080) and I was looking to see what the BEC has for amps and I noticed it says the BEC is a "high powered adjustable 6-7.4v" but... this high powered BEC only supplies 3 amps peak, bummer.

Specs here: https://www.horizonhobby.com/product...PMXSE1080.html
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Hmm I swear I looked it up before I set the voltage....then I rechecked it and yup 7.2 volts. Think ill bring it down, I really don't want to carry this thing back because of a burned up servo. I couldn't find anything about the light kit in it for the operating voltage in a quick search so thats why decided to keep it separate. Stock voltage for the esc was measured at 6 volts.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I Just found another free upgrade to the steering potentially... if your rig was also built a little bit wrong like mine lol

I was just swapping servos and noticed after setting the new servo center BUT not centering the steering trim on the radio that the throw was way off. Steering to the right gave more than 90° and to the left I got maybe 30° of throw. Now the proper thing is to center the trim then put he servo horn on but mine was not built this way. I've never seen a servo alter its throw after the trim was adjusted so this is new to me but I usually ditch RTR radios right away too. So it might be worth checking to see if your steering trim is centered and if the horn on the servo is too.

I also made a brace for the panhard axle mount inspired by Exocaged. This is sure to help too, the single shear as it comes stock has a lot of flex.

HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 03:04 PM   #5

Thank for the info, I've got the SCX6 Trail Honcho on order and now went shopping on Amazon for the BEC and Dual Stage foam's which I have ordered now... I went more budget friendly than the Castle Creations but specs are the same 6amp continuous and 10amp peak... Wish me luck with this mammoth crawler LOL
LarrysRCRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 08:47 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

The Bowhouse Panhard correction kit fixes a good amount of the plastic flex.
https://bowhouserc.com/sgc-pan-hard-...-kit-for-scx6/
Not bad for 25.00 plus shipping.
UZI4U is offline   Reply With Quote

Scx6 servo boost - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX6 - 1/6 Jeep wa1210ck Large Scale Rigs 23 08-23-2023 02:51 PM
scx6 another f150 new bright build ferp420 Large Scale Rigs 94 06-29-2023 10:39 AM
More Axial rumors.... SCX6? soze General Crawlers 151 01-13-2022 07:53 PM
another scx6 ram newbright build ferp420 Large Scale Rigs 17 02-11-2019 12:44 PM
horizon boost BOB66 Non Crawler RC's 1 02-27-2015 11:34 AM