Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Large Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Scx6 run times?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2022, 10:55 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Scx6 run times?

Just wondering what people are getting for a run times out of a big rig like this. It’s too big for me to put on a backpack and hike a couple miles, so it really would have to be a true Trail expedition. Normally I carry my Capra Between the more mundane sections of trail, but I don’t think I’d be doing that with this. It looks like it could easily hold twin 5000 3S batteries on the sides…. So I’m wondering is that an hour? Three hours? A mile in the trails? 4 miles? I think I need to call a helicopter to rescue me out if I ran out of juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2022, 11:27 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: Scx6 run times?

I’m curious about this as well. Calling in a helicopter for rescue may get expensive!

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 01:49 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Zeee makes a 15000 series 3S battery and people have reported that they get 4 to 5 hours of run time when running two of these batteries in parallel. 2 of these in Parallel is like 30000Mah! It all depends on your driving style and what you're doing of course!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...VGSXYMNH&psc=1

You'll need a parallel cable as well (Example for what you'll need):
https://www.amazon.com/Spektrum-Batt...s%2C140&sr=8-2
UZI4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 07:17 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I usually strap in two 7000 mah 3S batteries (running them one at a time) and while I didn't time the runs I felt like it was long enough for me, maybe 2.5-3 hrs. I should note I have separate 1800 mah 4S batteries for the servo so that definitly contributes to the run time.
This was also just slow crawling not trailing which I'm guessing would be less run time since you're going farther and maybe using 2nd gear.

I usually buy more batteries than I would need for my typical runtimes so I always have extra to share or enough to get back to my car.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 11-01-2022 at 07:19 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 11:48 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

That’s all pretty good to hear. I have four, 5200 batteries for my bashers. So hopefully that should at least give me a couple hours. Can run 2 at a time in parallel. I’m more of a crawler than a trail runner too, but like I said with this big baby I don’t think I’ll be carrying it between rock gardens.

I don’t know if I would go more than a mile or two away from the car with it though, if it breaks down I think I’d cry. I have a vanquish Phoenix that you can actually disengage both axles and turn it into a roller. It would be nice if the Scx6 did that, then you could just tie a rope to your belt and tow it out. Actually maybe you could just disengage the drive shafts in an emergency?

Old 11-15-2022, 08:56 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Iv been running 5000mah 4s packs and get a bit over 3 miles per pack. I have been carrying a tow strap with me just incase of a break or problems. It's just a 6 foot length of rope, I had to use it once when the steering servo went out. Made getting it back a breeze.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
Iv been running 5000mah 4s packs and get a bit over 3 miles per pack. I have been carrying a tow strap with me just incase of a break or problems. It's just a 6 foot length of rope, I had to use it once when the steering servo went out. Made getting it back a breeze.
This is why I'm real hesitant to buy one beside cost of parts, trying to haul that sob back if something breaks. Not exactly easy to throw on your backpack and carry back

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
tigris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:20 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

It definitely is scary to think about getting stuck far from the car. I did figure out that you can manually move the shift servo and get it to fall in between low and high gear into a freewheeling mode, so you’re not fighting the motor or dragging it out. So as long as you’re wheels or links didn’t break it wouldn’t be terrible to tow out with a strap.

The other downside is that it’s just so addicting to drive I barely run my 1/10 scales since I got it, Even though I always have one with me on my backpack

Scx6 run times? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Run times? apsilon Axial Yeti 13 11-03-2015 05:44 AM
Run Times Lemonlegs28 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 07-06-2010 06:18 PM
Run Times? laportm Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 11-20-2008 08:12 PM
tlt run times vs clod run times FiremanJim Newbie General 15 01-05-2007 01:49 PM
Run times Reflection Traxxas Crawlers 8 05-15-2004 09:41 AM