Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Beadlocks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #21
Rock Stacker

anyone else tried the pvc mod> cut exactly the same as the link. no luck.. the beadlock ring doesnt go out past the wheel. i thought it might work at first but maybe not? any help please
acuramech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

I'm doing my 2nd truck with them now, cut the PVC at 0.435" wide just like in the link. Then grab a knife or dremel, *bevel the inside edges*, and they work great. I just knocked off the edge but didn't put enough bevel on my first set, which is why I complained it's too wide.

It doesn't have to go out past the ring beads are thick, it just gives the inner part of the beadlock a backup ring 0.128" farther out radially than the original inside bead seat, which with just a little careful poking and prodding when you start to seat the ring, holds the bead nicely.

This ring slips over the rim (1.056"), and gives support from 1.058" to 1.310". You get enough pinch on the bead in the area where the tire bead transitions from 0.040" to 0.070" thick

How about a bad msPaint pic?

The lockrings are black, rim is 2-tone grey, the pvc ring is blue. Tire not shown.

Last edited by frizzen; 12-22-2009 at 03:44 AM. Reason: fugly pic
frizzen is offline   Reply With Quote