Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 2.4 Ghz Bind problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 2.4 Ghz Bind problems

Hello
Got my Micro 2 days ago.
I've noticed the following problem:
It seems like the transmitter and receiver won't bind. When I turn on first transmitter then the receiver, no light is shown on receicer (no canal found).
I try (have to) re-bind everytime I start.
When I press the button on receiver the light blinks rapidly (as it should) when I seccondly turn on the transmitter the lightes go out (no match).
After several attempts it finally binds.

Suggestions?

Last edited by KuJo; 12-01-2009 at 11:27 PM.
KuJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #2

I'm having a problem similar to this, everytime I charge I have to rebind. Altho mine does it instantly without problem.
wiseguy3501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ive noticed occasionaly when i turn mine on it has become unbound. BTW i have a RTR. It has taken up to a minute for the reciever to recognise the controller. Its a pain but thankfelly it only happens about 1 of every 10 times i power it on.
King of Beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I have the same problem. I have found that I need to turn the truck on first, then the radio. If that doesnt work I just turn the radio off then back on and it always works. It is a pain but this is the only way I have found to get it to work. Re-binding would never fix it for me.
kruzr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'm having the same problem guys. I had been meaning to start a thread and never did. I'm glad someone brough it up so I know its not just me.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You guys need to call up Horizon and tell them what's up. I'm guessing it's actually a problem with the transmitters.

I have the BND and it was able to bind to the DX3S instantly and I've never had any trouble since then.
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

mine takes about 20 seconds from the time i turn the controler on to the RC is responsive?
Joeyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNate View Post
You guys need to call up Horizon and tell them what's up. I'm guessing it's actually a problem with the transmitters.

I have the BND and it was able to bind to the DX3S instantly and I've never had any trouble since then.
Agreed, I am also running that setup
slashracer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

totally out of left feild here, BUT.

Eflite's firtst run of their mico heli the MSR, the ESC's (5in1) on those are notorious for doing the same thing. they are a Horizon/Spektrum products as well.

luckly Horizons CS is bombproof.

Last edited by BEELZEBOB; 12-02-2009 at 03:39 PM.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Yep, mine is doing the same (RTR by the way), was just about to start a new thread but figured I would search first and found this. I have tried every combination and so far can't find a reliable way to get it to bind, gives me problems almost every time and is getting very annoying. If anyone finds an answer Id love to hear it.
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Mine is too! Do you usually have to send stuff back to horizon or how's that work?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I also have a DX3R and haven't had any problems. Must be with the radios.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Also no problem with the DX3.0, about 2-3 second delay (at the most) when turning the truck on after the TX.
rock_krawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_krawler View Post
Also no problem with the DX3.0, about 2-3 second delay (at the most) when turning the truck on after the TX.
That's normal for certain Spektrums. My DX3 did it, and my M11 does it; both using a Spektrum sr3000 rx.
Calicrawler23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:34 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
Yep, mine is doing the same (RTR by the way), was just about to start a new thread but figured I would search first and found this. I have tried every combination and so far can't find a reliable way to get it to bind, gives me problems almost every time and is getting very annoying. If anyone finds an answer Id love to hear it.
Well, Im gonna answer my own question on this one, CHANGE THE TRANSMITTER BATTERIES! I was starting to get really annoyed with this problem, then it hit me that I hadn't tried new batteries, I was still using the batteries that came with the crawler. Popped in some new duracels, and it bound immediately, I have tried it about 15 times now and the longest it has taken to bind has been about three seconds. Some of you other guys with the RTR and bind problems should try this, then post back with your results so we'll know for sure!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Changing battery in transmitter seem to solve the issue. I've tried it 5 - 6 times and it binds almost instantly. Hope it lasts.
Changing battery is way to simple to be thought of - but should be the first to try on all battry-powered items.
THANKS AGAIN !!
KuJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #17
Gold Star Baby Momma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbent View Post
Well, Im gonna answer my own question on this one, CHANGE THE TRANSMITTER BATTERIES! I was starting to get really annoyed with this problem, then it hit me that I hadn't tried new batteries, I was still using the batteries that came with the crawler. Popped in some new duracels, and it bound immediately, I have tried it about 15 times now and the longest it has taken to bind has been about three seconds. Some of you other guys with the RTR and bind problems should try this, then post back with your results so we'll know for sure!
X2 on this for me too!
I felt stupid when I finally replaced my batteries and it fixed the problem. I have only crawled 2 complete batteries with mine is the reason I never thought that the batteries in the transmitter could produce this issue.
Kevin
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Glad to know its working, seems the most obvious answers are the hardest to see. Guess the batteries in the kit are pretty junky. Oh well, at least its working now and I can play when I want.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info guys! Exactly the same problem for me. Only drove the Micro maybe 4 times and the radio batteries are junk...thanks Losi.
rj_dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #20

I had the same binding problem and the battery change worked for me as well. THANKS!!
qualcity is offline   Reply With Quote