Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Topless and bulletproof

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Topless and bulletproof

Recently I replaced my torsion chassis with the new TMC from CrawlerX. I added some HR lockouts, some old DP wheel weights, some BWD wheel weights, Alum steering link, HR Air dampers, a 53T Spur gear, and of course I'm running a LiPo. I really like the way this chassis has so many options to mount the suspension and links. Although, my chassis did come missing three upper rear curb-side mounting holes. After contacting Blade i was quickly informed that its just the first few batches and a replacement is on its way. Excellent service if you ask me. So, off the bat I found that the capabilities of this badass is the way it reacts to adverse terrain. The COG is lowered and the weight is reduced so as to create a rig that holds lines and climbs high angles with no adverse effects. Running an Alum skid plate with stock dimensions i found that the chassis lets this common hang up point just float over rocks and pebbles.

Heres some Pics
Here it is on the infamous Baqubah Proving Grounds

Outside tackling a ledge with a slight overhang

And here are the glam shots

LowCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Almost forgot!

One more bit. Congratulations to ScalerLover on your recent win of the TMC. You are going to love this bad boy I promise! Drop some pics when your done! Congrats again!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Lowcrawl

Looks awesome

Blade
BLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:05 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
Lowcrawl

Looks awesome

Blade
Is that how this is, come on MY thread to toot your own horn!? just joking! Nice work, this rig rocks! And thanks for the great feed back and clear instructions.
Old 06-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCrawl View Post
Is that how this is, come on MY thread to toot your own horn!? just joking! Nice work, this rig rocks! And thanks for the great feed back and clear instructions.
Toot Toot!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:23 PM   #6

Damn I love toppless crawlers!

Great job Lowcrawl
DogbreathCrawling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #7

nice crawler, good job
crawler dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogbreathCrawling View Post
@#!*% I love toppless crawlers!

Great job Lowcrawl

gotta say YES to that
crawler dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

She looks good, bro.

Awesome idea, using the stock lower links for the upper rears, for that "smidge" extra length on the rear side. It took me a second to figure it out, looking at your ledge climbing shot - nice. It's probably [still] short enough that you didn't have to extend the rear drive shaft?

Al. skid - is this a custom fabrication or Losi's replacement?
JeepinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinCA View Post
She looks good, bro.

Awesome idea, using the stock lower links for the upper rears, for that "smidge" extra length on the rear side. It took me a second to figure it out, looking at your ledge climbing shot - nice. It's probably [still] short enough that you didn't have to extend the rear drive shaft?

Al. skid - is this a custom fabrication or Losi's replacement?
The rig runs fine with the stock links but if you want to put your batt on the rear upper link mounting plate it will interfere with your articulation a little. To remedy the problem I put in some Mini-T lower links bent to 35 degrees and stretched to 40mm and added an extended drive shaft. Running it on stock links make sure all your suspension mounting points are in its lowest configuration or your drive shaft U joints will be damn near maxed out. As for the skid plate its a Losi Alum Skid plate drop in.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Default More PICS

So got a chance to get back to some old stomping grounds. This is the TMC in the infamous Mortar hole. Oh and yes I painted the body panels, the reflective tape was too gaudy so I went with a translucent red. Kinda messed up on the front hood piece, I was trying to cut a hole out for the shock mounts and messed up.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #12

Awesome rig LowCrawl, nice build. I really like how your panels came out.
mrtimbologna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Default Finally a friggin video

Alright all, I'm pretty stoked about getting my first vid up and running. It took forever to load but its done. The climb is more of an obstacle run than anything else. Its on top of some HESCO barriers that are filled 4ft high with dirt. Pretty good run for 5am before working out. HERE WE GO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIFd9n2lpi8

Tell me what you think, what you want to see, tips, tricks...
Old 06-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Nice video

Blade
Old 06-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Default Latest Additions mods and changes.

I cant stop changing this rig around! It truly is impossible to come up with a combination of shock placement and suspension link adjustments that will last more than a day. Since my last posting on this chassis I have seen some awesome rigs and after ordering myself some Mini-T links and getting down to business I found a setup that I like, for now. The specs: The front end of the rig is S T R E T C H E D out with 2.12in. upper links and 2in. lowers. The rear links are 1.5in uppers, and 1.45in. lowers. This gives the rig a set up where it is aggressively pitched forward but the front end is extended forward of the cab/chassis. Wheel base is now at 130mm. This gives it a "reclined" stance if you will. Of course the drive shafts were extended appropriately and work fine. I am running HR Alum internal spring dampers and simply inverted the spring on the shock shaft letting it run droop. this gave the rig a really low center of gravity that allows insane climbs. The bottom of the skid plate sits .75 in. off the ground. I had to change the panel color again so I went with a blue and black scheme, unit colors.
Heres some Pics.

This is posed articulation.

tell me what you think!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:32 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Default Quad-dually tmc

So I tried to run the Quad-dually on my Wedge but the gearing didn't agree with the weight. Onto the TMC that runs slightly higher and has an appropriate wheel base. This thing looks like the friggin batmobile and dose not want to tip over. This will get a video soon. Enough yakkity-yak, Pics!

Rear Axle articulation.

Front Axle articulation.

tell me what you think of it.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:45 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

Very agressive.

Is proper to walk in the grouds of Iraq.

Good luck.

Crawling hug.
zogada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:38 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

ya Ian, a very mean machine!

I'll have to show the pics to my boys, they love the shots with ammo/weapons... but I think this rig will top those

off-topic (couldn't send you a pm?) - did you ever play eq back in the day? Just wondering as I played with an Ian who was in the military... I know... a long shot
gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher View Post
ya Ian, a very mean machine!

I'll have to show the pics to my boys, they love the shots with ammo/weapons... but I think this rig will top those

off-topic (couldn't send you a pm?) - did you ever play eq back in the day? Just wondering as I played with an Ian who was in the military... I know... a long shot
I dont think so... I dont even know what eq is. Sorry.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Default GET LO-JACK for your MICRO!!

Yesterday I was running some errands with my HMMWV and threw my assault-pack and pelican case with my TMC Quad-Dually in the bed of the truck. By noon i headed down to the Mechanics to get my truck serviced and within the short 15 minutes of them talking to me, right from behind my back someone had swiped the case! This guy must have been a professional with ice in his veins for i was not 10 meters away the entire time. I have had things stolen from me before, its Army culture. Usually its gear, uniforms, cleaning kits, MRE goodies and nudie mags, but to snag my crawler, MY FRIEND, born from my OWN HANDS, now that is low, very low indeed. IF YOU ARE READING THIS, I WILL FIND MY F&#*$ING CRAWLER, AND IF I FIND YOU WITH IT I WILL SMOKE THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF YOU AND YOUR F%$&ING SQUAD LEADER!

Last edited by LowCrawl; 06-29-2010 at 01:45 PM.