Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Got my micro in the mail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #1

Default Got my micro in the mail

Pulled the trigger and ordered one of eBay rtr for $86 shipped!!! On the 7th and it came yesterday. Granted due to work (paramedic) I haven't had a chance to play with it. But that won't be the case tonight/tomorrow. I'm looking so forward to it. Already have stuff to put together make shift course together. Going to do alot of freebie mods/adjustments for now and just enjoy it. Woo hoo!
sky56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Scale Detail Engineering

Ahh, another Chicagoian, where do you live?
EDIT: Sorry, I just remembered that you posted in the IL forum.

Get ready to start modding it, you won't be able to stop yourself
enjoy and welcome to rcc!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #3

Thanks man yeah I know il prob end up modding it up but for now I'm just going to enjoy it
Old 02-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The enjoyment factor goes way way up if you simply remove the shock springs. ;)
Fungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

once you get a diff chasis you'll really enjoy it
since the pinch is currently unavailable i'd suggest the blade renegade its basically the same thing or go bodiless with a tmc or eclipse
murderface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:20 AM   #6

Well I finally opened it and played with it. What a blast for something so small! I've already removed the battery tray and relocated the battery to the rear axle. I've removed the springs and clipped them down 4 coils. Haven't put them back in just yet.

I removed one wheel and it looks like it's glued on? Is this true? I don't have glue and don't want to remove foams and be stuck without glue.

I was thinking of drilling and moving the upper shock position.

Is there anything else thats "free" mod I should do? Thanks
Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky56 View Post
Well I finally opened it and played with it. What a blast for something so small! I've already removed the battery tray and relocated the battery to the rear axle. I've removed the springs and clipped them down 4 coils. Haven't put them back in just yet.

I removed one wheel and it looks like it's glued on? Is this true? I don't have glue and don't want to remove foams and be stuck without glue.

I was thinking of drilling and moving the upper shock position.

Is there anything else thats "free" mod I should do? Thanks
w/ the tires you can, if you are careful, slowly pull the beads away from the rim w/o destroying them.

I would just do the back side of each tire in case you eff it up like i did the first time or 2.

remove your foams, add solder, bb's, buckshot, etc, and then just glue the bead back w/ standard super (CA) glue.

For the stock chassis, First i removed the electonix trays. I took the esc out of the plastic case, heat shrink or elec. taped it, and moved it on top of the servo. Battery can be velcroed to the rear axel.

Then I just took a knife and bored out the small holes originally used for the electronics tray so that i could mount the ball studs for the shocks in that hole.

I also mounted them on the inside of the chassis.

Now, some people cut their springs, and then dont like it.

Opposed to doing that, wrap 1-3 coils of the spring around the top and bottom of the shocks.

kinda give you a 50/50 droop/sprung suspension, and stops the front from falling backwards on you during a climb.
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Micro PVC Beadlock Mod

Its not actually free, but the PVC beadlock mod to your stock wheels is pretty darn close to free. Less than a couple bucks for the material you need from Lowes or Home Depot, or I imagine any decent hardware store. I've dismounted 3 sets of Micro Crawler tires & didn't rip a bead on any tire. Like was said in the previous post- carefully pull the bead loose. Carefully.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #9

Hey beezlebob do you have pics of your shocks and all that after you did it? I thought the shocks come mounted stock inward? If I'm worng I'm wrong. Thanks
Old 02-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #10

I just got mine friday in the mail. What a freakin BALL. Gonna go buy some supplies at home depot to start my course in the basement.. Need lipo's !!!!!
69z28rsss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Put the wheels and tires in the freezer for a bit and the pull 'em off. The glue becomes extremely brittle and they come off with ease.
StreetKill831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetKill831 View Post
Put the wheels and tires in the freezer for a bit and the pull 'em off. The glue becomes extremely brittle and they come off with ease.
That sounds like a great idea, never thought of that!
getbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I found that out after taking my wheels in the car because I was going to use a a razor to get the tires off in between classes but ended up not having the second class so when I got home I started pulling them off. Came off like butter. I live in MI so it gets below freezing in the car after a couple hours of sitting
StreetKill831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

SOUNDS like a few ppl got their crawlers friday ... i got two friday too ... and one is far from stock ... been watching this post see what you are doing to yours ... lol ..
regal200021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #15
Scale Detail Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky56 View Post
Hey beezlebob do you have pics of your shocks and all that after you did it? I thought the shocks come mounted stock inward? If I'm worng I'm wrong. Thanks
If you look at a pic of the pinch chassis vs stock, stock upper mounts are sorta on the side of the chassis. The upper shock mount on the pinch chassis is close to center. You can modify stock parts to mimic this, nice mod.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #16

Ok so aside from just having fun I've relocated the battery to the rear axle and taped up the Esc and put that on the front axle. I've also bored out the chassis holes and lowered the shocks down 1 spot. Haven't decided if I want to out the springs back on (4coils have been clipped off). Going to mess with the tires next. Do most of you guys ditch the foams completely or cut them up some how? I have bb's Lyon around. Any other free mods to do? Thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

I'm not running foams in mine. I've got the PVC 'locks & solder in 'em, & it does better on my rigs w/o foam.
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJeff View Post
I'm not running foams in mine.
X2

I don't really see the need for foams in the Micro.
T-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #19

Yeah the foams will be the next thing to go. So far so good just having fun seeing what it climb over and learning it is great especially when it starts to teeter and you readjust your line.