Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: ok guys which color?
white with hood,tube, and trim black 4 80.00%
gun metal grey with hood,tube and trime black 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: DatsunPryme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

so far I like them alot. they grab better than I expected them too. I am going to put a few more packs through them and after I really run them through thier paces this weekend I will do a seperate post of a review for them. Stay tuned as I jsut layed the clear down on the body and once it dries I should have some pics of the newly finished body and possibly mounted on truck as well.
BerticusPryme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2011, 11:47 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Well guys here is the new paint. between here, scale4x4, and microt the gun metal won. I have to say I am glad I went with it. I still have some trim to finish and minor things but here it is. after I get it all done I promise to take it out to a nice location with the DSLR and get some uber shots.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #23
rik
RCC Addict

Looks great. What size battery are you running?
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Paint job came out real nice.
PCHILNSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #25
DVS
Pebble Pounder

Good color choice.
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

running the rhino 360mah. you can get them at hobbyking.com or if you want to order them stateside and not wait forever blackstarhobbies.com has them. They work really well in mine as well as my friends crawler.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #27
rik
RCC Addict

We need some video!
rik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Well I got more of the trim pieces added(fake lights on front and headache rack,rear bumper, and side mirrors). Also got tired of seeing wires in the cab so made a fake interiorpan. Took it out wheeling saturday and damn it runs so well now. Now after wheeling it has a half a passenger mirror and some new rock rash. I kinda felt bad for her so I got her some new rims to make up for it.

As soon as I can I am going to go out and get some more video of it running with the new gear.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Nice rig. Love the Datsuns- mine's a regular cab:
Micro Datsun Build
TexasJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

Looks damn good BP! You gonna comp cut those rear wheel openings?
Midlife Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I thought about cutting it but with where the rear axle sits when I use the 4ws they steer into the wheel openings and miss the rear bed becasue of dove tailing it. I couldnt be happier with the performance of it. TexasJeff I have eena dn watched you build that beauty. I was envious of it for quite some time. Hell still am. Always loved a clean datsun.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Well thought I would update since it has been a bit since the last one. Buddha Bob and I found a new spot to wheel at so we gave it a try. The place is wonderful. Snapped a few pics of our rigs running around on it. Then found another spot of nothing but flowing sandstone. Didn't grab any pics of it as we were having way to much fun. Hopefully going to grab some more this weekend.

And a final poser of the two rigs before the incident.

I was going down the embankment and the right front tire wedged. Well I did something stupid. When in doubt throttle it out right? WRONG. I heard a snap as my rig did a front flip followed by a hard tumble for about 3-5 feet. It landed on its wheels but was not happy. I didn't get pics of the carnage as it made me sick. That night i got to replace the front drive shaft, front stinger, and the left rear shock. The rear bumper and roof lights are still mia.Back to the hobby room I went. Shock and drive shaft were the easy fix. The stinger wont get broke again as it is no made of copper. If it breaks the whole damn bumper will come off now. Should have some pics up tonight of the improvements as she got a heart today. No longer running the stock elecs and the servo reversal harness. Now it has a transmitter like the sumo crawler and a Tekin B1r. From a dead stop it will pull wheelies and throw rooster tails of sand. am now pleased and cant wait to destroy the rocks that broke it.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #33
RCC Addict

Sorry to hear the news... At least it looks good in the pics.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

bah no worries man. The datsun has new shocks and a new brass stinger and some new elecs. Got a Tekin B1r and a transmitter that has front, rear, crab walk, and 4ws. It's all going great now. Hopefully I can get some video of it running this weekend for you guys. The original 4ws I had was full time 4ws and all I used was a servo y harness with reverse. I picked it up off fleabay for like $10.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #35

Gotta say man that is one sweet build. What kind of rims are those? They look way better than the HRs.
Dan@hwff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

They are the BWD vertex. So far I really like them. Take some getting used to but well worth the cash.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: DatsunPryme

Well it has been quite some time. Almost a year to be exact. I ended up selling the datsun but kept body laround as I never knew quite where she would go. I ended up getting a damn good deal on a micro crawler and scooped it up in a heartbeat. It already had trekker stubbs and hexes with a original Getbent 80t motor. Well I got it home and played with it for a bit. All I did was swap the datsun body back on there at first. It was nice to but since this was all new she had to be new as well. Decided she needed a new tube cage around the body, some new paint, some new BWD large hole wheel weights on the outside of the rims and some custom heavy weights on the inside. Made the inner weights by machingin down some large machine bushings. They came out to 11 grams for the front wheels and 8 grams for the rears. Well anyhow on to the pics of how it started and how it came back to be. All these are posers for the moment. Wont really get to drive it for a few days longer and couldn't wait to share.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Lovin it! Factory copper to boot... Though you've failed to comply with your own poll, I think it looks great! There's a Nissan (newer Datsun) a couple of streets over from my house that's the same color. You're is way cooler than that truck though. ;) Great work BP

Last edited by TheScaleAddict; 10-29-2012 at 08:22 AM.
TheScaleAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #39
Quarry Creeper

it lives!
Mastah Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote