Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Did Losi discontinue the Micro Crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Did Losi discontinue the Micro Crawler?

Im looking on horizons sight and its not showing up. all I see is the trail trekker. Is the trekker as good a crawler as the micro was?
Captain Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Did Losi discontinue the Micro Crawler?

Yes, about a year ago. Buy used McRCs on ebay.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

what are the differences between the micro and the trekker? Im not really a fan of used if I can help it.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The Trekker uses a different chassis for starters. It also has a longer wheelbase. I believe for the most part, everything else is the same.

As far as it being as good a crawler....depends. The longer wheelbase makes for better stability, but also lends to it getting hung up a little easier over certain obstacles. Same differences as the Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ya, the trekker has a bit more wheel base than the crawler, but its a blast to drive. The crawler makes a better crawler due to the short wheel base however the trekker can pull bigger obstacles because of the size, the drive train and everything are basically the same, but with the trekker truck cab u can slide a bigger battery in there and run it bit longer which I like. Someone has a good deal on some micros in the classifieds section right now btw, the micro crawler.

Lik

Last edited by OFFROADRCKOREA; 12-10-2012 at 08:27 AM.
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Hmmm I wonder what it would take to make a micro crawler out of the trekker?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
RCC Addict

A micro chassis. Could always check out something like a BWD or other bodiless chassis for more of a comp crawler. The Trekker was designed to be more of a scaler I believe. Also, the Trekker drive shafts are a tad bit longer. Would be an advantage for the crawler, allowing you to stretch the axles out a little farther. Seems like a lot of people with the Micro Crawler extended the suspension links and lengthened the drive shafts to get the longer wheelbase. I'm sure that's probably how the Trekker came about.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
Hmmm I wonder what it would take to make a micro crawler out of the trekker?
If you get a trekker PM me, I will send ya all the parts you need to get it back in stock crawler form
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

The differences are the chassis, the suspension links, the driveshafts, the ball ends on top of the shocks, and the stub axles and hexes. The Trekker also comes with a slightly larger battery. Both trucks suffer from overly stiff suspensions and hard, not sticky tires. The longer wheelbase is definitely helpful for crawling, but the body and chassis are fairly heavy and up high. Really, just find a good deal on one and pick it up. Either one will be a fun toy.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

8695Beaters Nailed it.

I bought the last McRC I saw on shelves in my area. my dad shortly after bought a trekker.
And the trekker is larger significantly in length and a hair wider. If I had a pick out of the two I would always pick trekker, it starts out larger and you can always make it smaller.
but the largest reason why is because of the larger chassis it feels more solid stock than the trekker did stock.
And the larger battery in the trekker really adds like 10 minutes of easy time, 5 if your aggressively crawling. (stock of course)

You can get just about EVERY part to turn a trekker into a McRC though. since parts are still avalable everywhere. heck I bet if you asked somone has a full set to transfer it over they would be willing to sell to ya. (not me, I lost/broke/modded all mine)
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

At the end of the day, it really depends on what you want to do with the truck. If you're going to go all out and replace 50% of the parts, a used McRC is way cheaper than a used Trekker, so you might as well save the $50 initially and put it into the mod parts. If you're going to build a quick scaler, the Trekker certainly has the better chassis for it, but if you used a model chassis or a leaf chassis, you might as well buy an McRC because again, a lot of parts are going to be coming out. If you just want something to play with on the weekends that you don't want to put a dime into, go for the Trekker. Either one is still a fine investment because you can literally take them anywhere you want and have a good time. Any little rock pile, or ditch, or gutter immediately becomes a trail. I've had a ton of R/Cs and my micros have probably been the most fun of all. DEFINITELY one of the best bang for the buck cars you can buy.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Anyone know how the parts support is on the micro crawler. Aftermarket parts still around maybe? I am thinking about picking up a used one?
blackMateria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:04 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Not a problem to find parts!!!
smuggl1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

Awesome thanks. I'm guessing parts for them are mostly online
blackMateria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #15

me too, and you came to the right place for options.

Great resource, it's a bit dated w/broken links, but grt place to start...

The “What and Where To Buy” Thread

Personally, i'm going for a "modest" mod, with a 1:24 hummer body, so no bodiless chassis' for me. Actually, struggling to find the right chassis and lower-link kit that supports all the "must-have upgrades underneath, but in an unassuming 4x4 body.

Good luck!
-rson
rson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rson123 View Post
me too, and you came to the right place for options.

Great resource, it's a bit dated w/broken links, but grt place to start...

The “What and Where To Buy” Thread

Personally, i'm going for a "modest" mod, with a 1:24 hummer body, so no bodiless chassis' for me. Actually, struggling to find the right chassis and lower-link kit that supports all the "must-have upgrades underneath, but in an unassuming 4x4 body.

Good luck!
-rson
yuppers... however.. you wont stop at 1!!!!!!! LOL....

so you will be able to have many upgrade parts, model bodies, crawlers, etc..

very old thread..!!!!! but I just nabbed a micro crawler used.. and a smc 4.5 chassis...

iz so fun...
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Did Losi discontinue the Micro Crawler? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi Micro Crawler Crawler-X SMC Plus Chassis Plus A Ton Of Stuff See Video stomper4x4.com Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 5 05-14-2012 01:31 AM
BWD Micro Wheel Weight System for the new Losi Micro Crawler! billet works Vendors Market 19 10-18-2010 05:42 PM