Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Where to buy Losi Micros in volume?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Where to buy Losi Micros in volume?

Anybody have an idea where I might go about picking up 5 or 6 Trail Trekkers and possibly getting a discount for buying in volume? I don't really want to have 5 of these things on hand, but I need a few, and if I can save some $$$ by buying a few extra I will. Besides, more micros makes everybody happy!!!
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Where to buy Losi Micros in volume?

Only thing I'd suggest is trying to pick them up directly from Losi.
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Talk to your LHS and see if you can make a deal. A better bet is to just keep an eye on ebay and pick 'em up as you seem them come on. It'll take longer, but buying used is far and away the most cost effective way to go.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I have yet to find one on e-bay under retail price, other than a couple that are being sold as parts rigs because of a bad servo, etc.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
I have yet to find one on e-bay under retail price, other than a couple that are being sold as parts rigs because of a bad servo, etc.
Same here. I usually won't even look at the stuff on ebay. There are very few things I have found to be a better deal than retail.

I actually wouldn't mind buying them from the LHS, but they want $175 for Trail Trekkers as it is. When I asked the guy about buying in volume he said, "oh yeah, we can knock $5 off of each if you buy more than 5..."

To which I replied, "for real? If I buy 5 of these things I might get them for $20 each OVER retail? Gee, thanks mister!"

I guess I'll just find them for the $150, quit bitching, and buy a few individually. I was trying to stay away from used rigs, but who knows, maybe I can find one with some mods and ho-ups.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Same here. I usually won't even look at the stuff on ebay. There are very few things I have found to be a better deal than retail.

I actually wouldn't mind buying them from the LHS, but they want $175 for Trail Trekkers as it is. When I asked the guy about buying in volume he said, "oh yeah, we can knock $5 off of each if you buy more than 5..."

To which I replied, "for real? If I buy 5 of these things I might get them for $20 each OVER retail? Gee, thanks mister!"

I guess I'll just find them for the $150, quit bitching, and buy a few individually. I was trying to stay away from used rigs, but who knows, maybe I can find one with some mods and ho-ups.
I just bought a used Micro Crawler on here with lots of upgrades for $100. Just gotta' look for them. This one even has 3 bodies, aluminum trans case, lockouts, c-hubs, etc.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I have bought all three of my rigs used. One was on ebay, one was on here and the third was from RCTech. You have to stop looking at hobby shops selling on beay (they're in it to make a profit, obviously they're going to sell high). You have to be patient too because they don't change hands too often. Every one of my rig I got at a HUGE cut from retail and they all worked perfectly.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Just found this in the for sale section. Micro Crawler on a DP Torsion chassis for $90 shipped. Better jump on it!

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/sale/...p-chassis.html
Old 12-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Most independent hobby shops will give a deal if you want to buy a handful. Also, offer cash instead of credit because that'll save them $ too on the fees charged and may be able to land you a better per unit price

I landed a nib micro crawler on Craigslist recently for $75 shipped so keep an eye out!
mcap is offline   Reply With Quote

Where to buy Losi Micros in volume? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crunk Rock, volume two crunky 1.9 Scale Rigs 65 08-15-2011 08:18 PM
losi micros in va beach krono7s Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 3 07-07-2010 07:18 AM
Where did all the losi micros go? CrawlinMike Non Crawler RC's 10 05-08-2009 09:46 AM