Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Resetting the ESC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Resetting the ESC?

Anyone else having issues resetting the ESC in their Losi Mini Rock Crawler? I want to reset the ESC because I bound my DXR3 to it and want to make sure I'm getting as much out as possible. Not only that, when I set the throttle expo, the truck started trying to move. So the ESC and the DX3R are not in perfect sync / harmony / work-togetherness.

Yes, I read the included ESC instructions, but mine doesn't seem to work as they say it should.

1) Turn on the radio and ESC -- Check!
2) Press and hold the the setup button -- Check!
3) Red AND Green lights should come on -- WRONG!

This is where I am stuck. A red light glows, but that's it. Then it will blink off after about 2 seconds, whether I move the throttle trigger or not. There is never a response to throttle input when the red light is on.

I've tried every combination I can think of; hold the button and then turn on the ESC doesn't work either. The truck itself runs right now, but I just want to set things up the right way. Not being able to setup the ESC is grinding away at me.

Any suggestions?
TunaMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

You might want to search the mrc forum for the answer.
I read a post that said that the 3rd step/light confermation is not the same with your transmitter.
macruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:18 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by macruz View Post
You might want to search the mrc forum
Thanks for the tip. Do you mean this forum? Or a forum at Losi or something?

I did search here, but couldn't find a solution. Maybe I'll go search for DXR3 and see what comes up.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

this forum
macruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:35 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I found this thread but it doesn't seem to offer a solution. So I am still looking...
Old 09-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Whoops! Maybe I just didn't read the instructions enough:

Quote:
  1. Turn on the transmitter and ESC. Press the setup button—both the RED and GREEN LEDs will come on.
  2. Pull the throttle trigger all the way back (full speed) and press the setup button once—only the GREEN LED will come on.
  3. Push the throttle trigger full forward (brake/reverse) and push the setup button once—only the RED LED will come on.
  4. Let the throttle trigger return to the neutral (center) position and press the setup button once more to save the program
    and exit setup mode—only the GREEN LED will be on.
I missed the part about having to press the button again at each step. I am used to just starting the setup process with the button, then full throttle -- wait, reverse -- wait, neutral -- wait, then done.

Weird thing is though, that I still don't see a red AND green light when the process starts. There is however, a red light with maybe the smallest hint of a green dot on one side, but you really have to be looking for it.

One last thing, notice the instructions say 'press' then 'push' then 'press' the button? What's the difference?